• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances: GAME OVER! Join the RTC Social Group Today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

UnicornDemon

Smash Journeyman
Bandana Dee
Chance: 15%
Want: 100%
muh respectable brothren

Captain Toad
Chance: 1%
Want: 10%, He's a cutie pie, but I would rather wait out until the next Smash before getting him or any Toad character. And even then, I'd rather get Paper Mario or Bowser Jr. first.

Predictz:
Impa- 0%
Ghirahim- 100%

Sorry about the triple post... my brother is updating his phone. Wi-fi problems :/

*edit: Nvm, thank you based mods

Last edited:

andimidna

Smash Master
Does anybody else see 3 ratings for UnicornDemon or am I just going crazy?

Edit: phew... not going crazy.

Sorry about the triple post... my brother is updating his phone. Wi-fi problems :/

Is deleting posts not a possibility?
I'm pretty sure only mods can do that, sorry...
They'll understand if it was just an accident though, you won't get a warning I bet.

Last edited:

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
Bandana Dee
muh *****

Captain Toad
Want: 10%, He's a cutie pie, but I would rather wait out until the next Smash in the hope of getting thee Toad. And even then, I'd rather get Paper Mario or Bowser Jr. first.

Predictz:
Impa- 0%
Ghirahim- 100%
Holy Magikarp! It's the dreaded triple post! Everybody, run for your lives!!

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
whoa, how did I not get anymore notifications for this after yesterday?
Waddle Dee
Chance: 5%
eh, maybe, he's definitely the most likely Kirby newcomer, but what Brawl brought upon was enough for the series for this title, IMO
Want: 40%
sure, he'd be fun to play as, arguably Magolor or Marx would be more interesting, but I'll take what I can get. Also, RtDL last representative, would fully represent that this way.
Toad
your game was a announced a little bit too late to consider you playable here Toad
Want: 0%
I'm honestly surprised to see so many supporters of him here, I always thought he was somewhat of a controversial character in the Mario series. That asides, nope, Mario has enough characters with what's in the game so far, he's a better choice than the likes of Waluigi, but that's not saying much. I'd rather see some of the RPGs being represented if we were to get yet another Mario character in this game
God damn, I swear I can have the worst sentence construction and typos sometimes

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
@ UnicornDemon UnicornDemon : regular members are unable to delete posts. If you made a double post accidentally, please report it or tag myself or another moderator by using the @ symbol. However, please do not make intentional subsequent posts. You can simply go to Edit on your post and add in what you want. This is just a verbal warning but doing it again will be grounds for an actual Warning.

IronFish

Smash Ace
Warning Received
Bandana Dee:
Chance: 4%
I rank him as the 29th most likely newcomer. I seriously doubt him. I'll go through as many points as I can.
1. "He's his own character"
No. He's your everyday Waddle Dee, wearing a Bandana.
Not even your everyday Waddle Dee using a spear, generic Waddle Dees use spears in Triple Deluxe: http://youtu.be/YeqAbX5q1WI?t=1m12s
And now, there's not just one Waddle Dee wearing a Bandana:

So this is definitely not a singular, unique character. He's definitely one of many Waddle/Bandana Dees.

2. "He is the 4th character of the 4 main Kirby characters"
All of the key-chains, artwork, etc. that feature the main 3 and Bandana Waddle Dee is just based off Return to Dreamland.
There isn't some official main 4 characters, he was marketed as a 4th Kirby character for and because of Return to Dreamland.
Now, let's pretend that this were true for a second, that he was an official 4th character.
[collapse=TOAD CONFIRMED]
[/collapse]:4mario::4luigi::4peach::rosalina: Hmm... maybe not.
He is not the only viable option for Kirby. I think his chances are only 3% higher than Magolor's

3. "He is unique because of his spear"
Why should I care about a spear? How would this differentiate from a sword significantly enough to catch Sakurai's interest?
For all attacks on the ground, would this be different from Marth and Toon Link's style?
Honestly, this is my opinion on what I see his moveset being:
Marth and Toon Link are both quick sword fighters. Bandana Dee is small like Toon Link. He'd use the spear for the majority of his attacks like Marth with his sword. He wouldn't use items like Toon Link, but he would have similar slashes and stabs to Marth. He only has real potential for a good recovery. Parasol is not a good choice because Parasol Waddle Dees appear in Smash Run already, so they're getting referenced just fine. But the spear-copter would be new. I can't imagine it moving extremely dissimilar to Little Mac's recovery though- he spins straight upward and falls slowly, it isn't very effective as a recovery but is decent for attacking. Also, I'm betting on Dixie Kong being in this game atm. This could easily be wrong, but I picture her recovery being her hair spin, and it would function very similarly to this- disregarding the chances of both characters for a second and assuming both make it.
He would mostly need an entire moveset invented for him to become interesting and appealing, and while that's been done so many times before, it certainly doesn't help him. He is lacking here.

4. "Based Sakurai"
He isn't the only developer. We got TWO Kirby newcomers last time, another Kirby newcomer already is very unlikely.
His bias has been almost completely directed towards Kid Icarus. Kid Icarus has almost double the amount of Smash Run enemies than any other series. It has 2 full stages, 1 veteran with a revamped moveset, and 1 newcomer with a trailer/moveset that is nothing less than a love letter to Kid Icarus. Kirby has had 2 veterans and 1 returning stage from Brawl, and a few Smash Rn enemies, but not even half what KI has right now. We also have 2 KI trophies and 2 KI assists. While Kirby has 1 trophy and 1 assist. Pit being announced alongside the main... 7, Pit being in both box-arts over Fox, Olimar, Zelda, Charizard, Lucario or Greninja.
I had always seen it as him and Palutena are in competition, and with her confirmation I doubt him more.

5. "Rainbow Curse raises his chances"
No, it doesn't. Triple Deluxe just came out, and it has yet to receive any content, right? Rainbow Curse won't just miss this installment, it will miss it by 2 games. If we were talking about Pokemon, sure, I'd consider it but still find it unlikely. Hell, even if we were talking about Fire Emblem, same thing. But with Kirby, not a chance. I'll call it a minor possibility instead of just impossible once we see something like a Triple Deluxe stage or trophy.

Is he highly requested? No. He is only popular or talked about on Smashboards, and even his popularity here has been very recent. I'm pretty sure his thread was only at around Page 20 at the beginning of the year. Just because a bunch of people on this website all started liking him doesn't make him any more likely.
Is he popular? No. I just looked back to old ratings. I think this support started out as a joke and has shifted to legitimate support for some odd reason. His want score here used to be in the 30s, and his want score on Gamefaqs was like 9%. Nobody is really requesting him. Prince Fluff and Magolor seem more requested (I think). But overall, a Kirby newcomer is not wanted, and I find it extremely unlikely. Compared to so many other series... it's just not happening. With the leak, there are those 3 and a very small few left after that. Is he going to get in over a retro newcomer? A DK newcomer? A Metroid newcomer? A Golden Sun newcomer? Veterans?
Is he appealing? As a fighter, not really. A generic enemy design + a type of hat + a weapon that is basically the same as something very common on the roster. The design and moveset potential is just not that interesting. I believe his reactions throughout the Smash community would be dominantly negative.
Is he recent? Yea, but unless your a Pokemon who cares?

He'd need to be much more important with larger recurring roles to make up for where he is lacking in other categories.
I know you guys like him, but he really isn't likely for all of the reasons stated, so I am sorry for all of his fans on here.

The only other newcomers that I think will happen are Chrom, Shulk, Chorus Kids, DK newcomer (either K Rool or Dixie), Retro newcomer (popular not historical-- Takamaru), and Ridley. Isaac and a Zelda Newcomer follow as decent maybes. Everything else is ranked below a 30% from me.

Kirby chart:
Kirby: always 100%
Dedede: always 100%
Meta Knight: 100% (I don't think he'll be DLC, I think they'll balance him in time, he's too important to leave out)
Bandana Waddle Dee: 4%
Magolor: 1%
Prince Fluff: 0.7%
Dark Matter: 0.6%
Others: 0.5% combined

I think a Kirby newcomer has a total chance of 6.8%, so Bandana Dee is definitely the frontrunner at 4%, but he's barely a contender when considered against every character from other series.

Also, Meta Knight has yet to be confirmed. His only possibility now is a secret character. I expect secret newcomers and secret veterans, but it would be a bit of help if the Kirby trio was all confirmed and out of the way. I'd probably raise his score 0.5% if Meta Knight was at E3 like I thought he would be.

Want: 0%
No, I've already said how much I've hated how his fanbase here has acted. And how they forced an (IMO) unappealing small fry down the throats of everybody here, including those who just don't give a ****. I'm very excited for the day his trophy is revealed. (assist is possible too)
Sorry but that is all I can say. I find nothing about his design, abilities, or personality interesting or appealing in the slightest. I support almost everybody, he is one of the few characters I hate and his "crew" is all to blame for that.

Pre:
Ghirahim: 15%
Impa: 7%
Why are people predicting that Impa will do better than Ghirahim?
Do we think that she's more likely? I certainly don't.
After she plummeted to a 4% last rating and Ghirahim zoomed up to the 20s... that would be an odd twist IMO.
Anyways, Ghirahim will probably be ranked amongst the Fire Emblem characters we rated yesterday for the same reasons except Chrom. And Impa, well, she doesn't really have anything going for her but she's actually really cool now. Just for the hell of it I'll also predict that a major increase in want will happen for Impa (rather than in chance).
All of those counter arguments are pulled out of your ass expect for the Rainbow Curse one, but we don't know enough about the game to say, maybe BD got split into 4 BD by something evil. Also BD is a Character not just a random WD with a bandana so please make some better arguments before you trash a perfectly viable character.

Last edited:

andimidna

Smash Master
All of those counter arguments ate pulled out of your *** expect for the Rainbow Curse one, but we don't know enough about the game to say, maybe BD got split into 4 BD by something evil. Also BD is a Character not just a random WD with a bandana so please make some better arguments before you trash a perfectly viable character.
classy/10

*waits for mod/Brawler/Groose*
PM me counter-arguments if you have any.

Burigu

Smash Ace
All of those counter arguments are pulled out of your *** expect for the Rainbow Curse one, but we don't know enough about the game to say, maybe BD got split into 4 BD by something evil. Also BD is a Character not just a random WD with a bandana so please make some better arguments before you trash a perfectly viable character.
Oh God I know how you like to argue with other but please @ Groose Groose and @Brawler610 asked us to stay civil, there is no reason to be that rude.

Edit: Ok I saw your answer already that is better

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

All of those counter arguments are pulled out of your *** expect for the Rainbow Curse one, but we don't know enough about the game to say, maybe BD got split into 4 BD by something evil. Also BD is a Character not just a random WD with a bandana so please make some better arguments before you trash a perfectly viable character.
Whoa!
Look, I understand your frustration, but I must ask to keep things civil.

Okay sorry just a little irritated by arguments like that. I'll stop.
I will admit that there have been several times that I wanted to call someone out over little petty things in their ratings, though it is not right to say these things in this thread. It will disturb the peace of the game!

Last edited by a moderator:

Smasher 101

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0877-3649-6314
Switch FC
SW-7628-2111-0913
what in the world happened to this thread

Bandana Dee's chances: 5% - Most likely Kirby newcomer but I still highly doubt we're getting one this time around. Maybe next game.
Want: 30% - Kirby is my favorite Nintendo series besides Smash, but right now I think it's perfect with what it has.

Captain Toad's chances: 1% - New game is too late to help and I don't think we're getting another Mario newcomer anyway.
Want: 20% - I like Captain Toad and plan on buying the new game but I'm not that interested in him being a fighter.

Impa prediction: 6.15%
Ghirahim prediction: 14.29%

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Looks like things have finally calmed down. That's my personal cue to post my rating then:

Bandana Dee - 40%

I'm not counting out any newcomers besides the ones mentioned in the Gemastu leak just yet, since it didn't say anything about the newcomers in question being the ONLY newcomers...but I do think it hurts the chances of newcomers not mentioned in it a little bit.

Then there is Sakurai's modesty/paranoia towards Kirby, owing to the fact that he created it, making a Kirby newcomner at all rather unlikely.

One thing's for sure though. Waddle Dee's got a surprisingly big following. And other than that, he could also bring in a new playstyle into Smash with his spear. If Kirby was to get a newcomer at all, it would certainly be him.

Want - 85%

As much as I would love to see the little guy playable, I could easily live without him getting in. A part of this stems from how I have a lot of doubt that he'll get in anyway.

Captain Toad - 0.5%

I really can't see any version of Toad at all being playable at this point. DLC maybe....but even that's a bit of a stretch.

Abstaining from want.

Impa Prediction - 9.56%

Ghirahim Prediction - 10.95%

I have a feeling it's gonna be a close call between which one of them gets the better chance score.

andimidna

Smash Master
Whoa!
Look, I understand your frustration, but I must ask to keep things civil.

I will admit that there have been several times that I wanted to call someone out over little petty things in their ratings, though it is not right to say these things in this thread. It will disturb the peace of the game!
Hmm... sure seems like you're implying something here...

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
@ andimidna andimidna expect some counter-arguements tomorow... via pm for the thread's saftey of course. (the only reason I won't do it tonight is because I am on my tablet that has a hard time working on the forums with long posts (holy shoot how did it manage to make it thru my post of why I dislike Robin yesterday) and because I want to see Chuggaaconroy's seventh episode of his Xenoblade Chronicles playthrough. (I am watching it to try to accept Shulk more... Like the first playthrough I saw, it isn't working)

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
(The following is a combination of analysis and personal opinion. If you disagree with some of the points made...well, that's okay.)

Bandana Dee
Chance:
-Main Roster: 30%
-As DLC: 80%

He isn't super well known, but he's been rising in prominence over the last few years. He was retconned into The Arena in Kirby Super Star Ultra and given a prominent role in new mode Revenge of the King. He became playable for the first time in Kirby's Return to Dream Land as the poster boy for the new Spear ability, and since then he's been treated more or less as the Kirby series' fourth major character. He has his own identity that sets him apart from the standard Waddle Dee enemies, as a right hand man to King Dedede who also lends Kirby a hand whenever he gets the chance...and does so in Kirby Triple Deluxe, a game where Meta Knight doesn't even show up.

The question is: Has he become prominent enough? And would there even be room on the roster for him?

I think that there's no way he'd make a 48-man roster, and he's unlikely to make a 51-man roster, but mostly because there're more likely other priorities than giving the Kirby series a fourth rep. DLC seems increasingly likely, though, and if there're enough series covered by it to even consider having one of them be a Kirby character? I can see Sakurai being seriously temped to lend his old franchise a hand.

Want: 40%

I'd be okay with Bandana Dee being in. I think he has enough of his own identity and has potentially become important enough lately to be Smash-worthy, especially if there's newcomer DLC. Plus, we haven't had a spear-wielder yet (unless they give Ganondorf his trident this time around...hint hint, dev team >_>), which means he'd have a unique niche already.

The reason I'm hesitating is...how well would they be able to build a whole moveset for him based on just the Spear ability? Meta Knight had all of his boss appearances to pull moves from, as did King Dedede. It's...kind of a stupid reason, though, to be honest, considering I was also skeptical about the Villager, Wii Fit Trainer, Little Mac, Pac-Man, and the Mii Fighters, and all of them got thematically interesting movesets. Maybe they could also pull from other abilities associated with Waddle Dees, like Parasol?

Captain Toad
Chance:

-Main Roster: 0%
-As DLC: 15%

Captain Toad's suddenly on everyone's minds again, thanks to his new and really interesting looking game. However...the roster was more or less finalized almost two years ago, long before Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker came into being. He could have a chance though DLC...but right now there are other Mario-verse characters that are more likely to get the nod.

Want: 30%

I just think there're other characters that are more important right now and more...I don't want to say "worthy", but it might be the case.

That said, he'd have a unique niche as an explorer-type character, and with all the items and powerups Mario games have to offer combined with the obligatory explorer's tools, there'd be enough to build an interesting moveset around. Especially so if they also add in attributes of the Toads in general, of being poor jumpers but surprisingly strong.

His biggest knock for me is his lack of prominence right now...but who knows, maybe that'll be different in 2021 or so, when SSB5 is a thing.

Last edited:

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Wouldn't that mean there's a chance that Bandana Dee could get included on the main roster and DLC?
Those add up to 110%, so I was just wondering if that was even possible.
Heh, guess I wasn't very clear what I meant. The DLC tab is assuming they're not on the main roster. So 80% of 70% is...56%? Right?

I'll fix that for next time.

Last edited:

NickerBocker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2492-4251-5054
I would just like to say that while I love this thread, I was very close to abstaining today because of the topic (and what happened because of it,) but I guess Bandanna Dee holds a special place in our hearts, whether it be hate or love.

Bandanna Dee
Chance: 5%
Want: 50%

Simply put, Bandanna Dee has the Toad effect, being that he is part of a general population. Could he overcome being treated as such and be playable in Smash? Sure. Will he? Thats a whole other question. Frankly, I will remain unconvinced until I see Toad or some Toad variation on the roster, as Toad is, IMO, more important to his series than Bandanna Dee is to Kirby.

There is also the Gematsu leak, which Bandanna Dee is not a part of. Secret character? Maybe, but over all the returning veterans and potential newcomers, its quite a stretch. Also, will Kirby get another character? That is also a bit of a stretch, IMO.

Theres a few factors against him, but he does have a chance.

Captain Toad
Want: 75%

Could be pretty interesting, but I dont see it happening. It might be too late for his game to have an impact. However, being in a prominent role in SM3DW may just give him some edge, same with the Galaxy games. Its a good thing I brought up Galaxy, because we already have Rosalina as a Mario character that has potential to be used in future games as well. Consequently, she may have filled the niche role of the next rising star, so to speak, within Mario,and therefore, Smash. With the series potentially being at its maximum and other competition as well, I dont think the little guy has what it takes, although I would be fine with it.

Impa: 13.3%
Ghirahim: 13.3%

I predict a lot if relevancy arguments coming our way.

Last edited:

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Captain Toad

Chance: 10%
I'm in that camp that thinks he's been outright deconfirmed as Peach's neutral b, regardless of the persona he's adopted.

Chance: 100%
I've always liked Toad. He didn't need to become an adventurer for me to see him favorably. As for this iteration of Toad, I think he could be fit for Smash and I wouldn't mind having him. Of course, I am looking forward to his game, so maybe I'm being a little biased here.

Bandana Dee

It remains to be seen what favoritism, if any, Sakurai is going show towards his creations, but history has shown he hasn't gone overboard. MK and King Dedede are legitimate fan favorites. To me, Bandana Dee's fanbase is a big question mark. I'm not sure at all that he's got supporters on top of supporters outside of this forum, so I can't give a more positive outlook on his chances. Only Pokemon get shoehorned in under the assumption they'll bring a unique style, and unless Bandana Dee finds some way to get himself on the official Pokedex database, I'm afraid his chances of squeaking in aren't good.

Want: 60%
Dee is good, but he's no Ephraim. Besides, I'd rather see other characters get announced at this point. If the game was delayed for significant time, I'd be all for him, because then the roster could be rounded out and we'd have the luxury to add an additional Kirby character. By no means am I counting on DLC to be some sort of safety net.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
The thread is already on a roll, eh? I'll be watching the thread too.

Bandana Dee: 15%
That's about as high as he gets without factoring in DLC. He has become a major Kirby character, since his playable role in RtDL. HAL even recognized the fan nickname of Bandana Dee in Triple Deluxe (though it's not unusual for HAL.) All that said, the leak is most likely true, and I don't have that much faith in any characters who unfortunately fell outside the leak.

Captain Toad: 5%
He started out a prominent NPC in Galaxy (alongside the now playable Rosalina), returned with similar role in Galaxy 2, and became playable in 3D World (just like Rosalina!), although in his own set of levels. Then comes E3 2014 and he has his own game - a rare feat in the Mario universe (only Mario, Luigi, Wario, Yoshi and Peach have had own games.) However his chances are rather bleak (even without taking the leak into account) for Smash because his rise to stardom is just too recent to make an impact.

Want: 100% for both
I love both of them. :colorful:

Last edited:

a Link to the Forums

Smash Journeyman
Previously, I was against the idea of Bandanna Dee and while I still wouldn't be excited if he was in, I am no longer against him. I said that he doesn't appeal to me because I didn't see much potential in him moveset-wise but since then I've changed my opinion on him. So what changed? I remembered how I thought on Dixie Kong a few days ago. I have been one of those people who has consistently believed that she wouldn't end up a clone of Diddy when most people (or a lot anyway) believed the contrary. To all Bandanna Dee supporters who believe that he does have potential, I understand your dilemma. It's hard believing in something that not much people do.

Now I do see more potential in him than I previously gave him credit for. Because my opinion changed, I shall edit my previous post.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Time for rating!

The man, the myth, the legend: Captain Toad!

Chance: 100% cert, obviously. No, obviously I'm not deluded. Captain Toad's chances for me come in at a highly unlikely 8%.

So the impossible happened! Captain Toad has now managed to get a spinoff making him a perfectly legitimate option for Smash 5(or 6 if you're Sakurai) or at absolute best; DLC.

For Smash 5(or 6 if you're Sakurai) Captain Toad now has the most going for him as a Mario candidate. Considering that often the newcomers are chosen based on the previous generations characters(with the exception of Pokemon and FE) we'll most likely have to wait until post Wii U for Captain Toad to get his debut...at least he's doing better than Bowser Jr. is currently.

For Smash 4 though things are a little less clear cut. On the one hand he technically made his debut on the Wii making him eligible for Smash 4's newcomer choices(arguably Gamecube if you count the red Toad in Sunshine) but hadn't done anything that made him stand out more than the other NPC choices, and obviously Rosalina was a bigger deal. She got a backstory and everything which for Mario is revolutionary.

Now, whilst Captain Toad's game DEFINITELY was far too late to influence initial roster choices, there is a small chance that his initial appearance in SM3DW may allow him to get in as a secret character. Even as a Toad fan though I find it highly unlikely.

What can I say? I love Toad. I love Captain Toad in particular after 3D World came along(Blue Spot Toad always felt wrong to me) and with Captain Toad Treasure Tracker arriving there's a lot of stuff to get excited about for Toad fans.

As for moveset potential? Well just using the trailer for Treasure Tracker we actually have quite a bit to work with;

Yes; I want to ride a minecart into Marth's irritatingly pretty face.
Yes; I want to bury a pickaxe in my enemies skull.
Yes; I want to have a turnip pluck contest with Peach (although preferably they actually give her some Super Princess Peach moves instead and drop the pluck move altogether)
Yes; I want to ride on the back of a dragon and rain fiery death upon my enemies.
Yes; I want a horrible recovery.

Oh.

But regardless Captain Toad has the makings of a decent moveset from just what's been teased so far and although I'm obviously HIGHLY bias on this point I do feel Captain Toad has quite a lot to work with, and could easily make for a very good Smash character. DLC is an ideal solution for me, but I guess I could possibly wait for Smash 5(or 6 if you're Sakurai) for Captain Toad's inclusion. Providing Treasure Tracker goes well, I can see him picking up support for the next game for sure.

-----------------------------------------------------------

BANDANA WADDLE DEE

Chance: 33%
So. Sakurai's modest, eh?

Yeah, looks like those days are gone. Like long gone.

We saw hints at first when Pit at E3 replace Yoshi in the E3 2013 trailer, we saw Pit's new Final Smash, got overloaded with Kid Icarus items. Then we saw Palutena's preferential treatment at E3 2014, Dark Pit being hinted at AND early reports say both Pit and Icarus are the most overpowered characters in the demo.

So yes; there is a chance, a very real chance that Bandana Waddle Dee could be added in my eyes.

Baring in mind as well that the previous gen console tends to dictate the newcomers in each game and Return to Dreamland was an extremely well received Kirby game and Bandana Waddle Dee shared equal billing with both King Dedede, Metaknight and even Kirby too.

Want: 90%
I do like Bandana Waddle Dee quite a lot. Part of me would like both newcomers to debut in Smash at the same time possibly due to their similarities.

If I'm totally honest; Bandana Waddle Dee has more than enough starpower to give me yet another newcomer to get pretty excited over and although he has gotten a bit of a bad rap here due to his passionate supporters(something I can't say anything about having similar outbursts of passion regarding our OTHER rating today), I feel he'd still be rather enjoyable to play as.

How about a twin DLC pack? Hint hint.
Otherwise there's always Smash 5(or 6 if you're Sakurai)​

Last edited:

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
Yes; I want to have a turnip pluck contest with Peach (although preferably they actually give her some Super Princess Peach moves instead and drop the pluck move altogether)
Except that Super Princess Peach specials are all about how emotional women are. It's really quite stunning how sexist that game is.

There might be something usable in there... but drawing moves from Super Mario RPG would be far preferable, IMO (we already have the frying pan - arguably her Final Smash might be inspired by the sleep spell + healing powers from SMRPG).

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Except that Super Princess Peach specials are all about how emotional women are. It's really quite stunning how sexist that game is.

There might be something usable in there... but drawing moves from Super Mario RPG would be far preferable, IMO (we already have the frying pan - arguably her Final Smash might be inspired by the sleep spell + healing powers from SMRPG).
In that game Peach is the only one capable of controlling her emotions. Everyone else is a crying wreck, or a furious ball of rage.

Although yes; unfortunate implications to sexism(although again; she's the only one who ISN'T an emotional wreck in the game) mean it's unlikely to ever happen...

...which is a shame because RAGE MODE Peach is one of the greatest things Nintendo have ever done with her. Maybe avoiding the teary Peach would be for the best though.

Having Perry and being able to pick up and 'Eat' opponents probably wouldn't offend anyone and would give her at least one nice reference to her own game.

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Bandanna Dee
Chance: 7% - I'm becoming increasingly sceptical of there being a Kirby newcomer even if he is becoming the fourth face of Kirby.
Want: 67% - I'd welcome him into SSB with open arms.

Captain Cute
Chance: 1% - The main Toad's new look. I believe that if Toad was ever meant to be playable then this is the route that they'd take. It's still extremely unlikely though.
Want: 100% - I support the Toad brigade.

Predictions
Impa: 6%
Ghirahim: 13%

Last edited:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Banana Dee Chance: 50%
He is now part of the main Kirby cast of heroes, along with Kirby himself, Meta Knight, and King Dedede, who apparently gave up on clobbering Kirby after that Masked Dedede incident (if you can't beat em', join em'). He seems pretty likely at this point. The only thing holding him back is the priority of other newcomers, which will determine wether Kirby gets a newcomer or not.
But if Kirby gets a newcomer, it is 99% going to be this guy.

Monado Dee Want: 50%
He could be pretty unique, but there are several newcomers I'd take before him.

Captain Toad Chance: 5%
A small character with a very recent "revival," when the main character of his species is not playable?

Captain Toad Want: 5%

Predictions:
Impa: 15% :They will be boost up significantly by :4diddy:

Ghirahim: 30% :Most likely Zelda newcomer. The only thing holding back his ratings is the fact that people think a Zelda newcomer overall is unlikely.

Nimbostratus

Smash Journeyman
Bandana Dee
Chance- 8%
While most people would consider this a low score, I'm not known for giving particularly high ones. I think he's possible, but I'm not exactly convinced, either.
Want- 45%
Not a bad choice, but roster space is getting limited and I don't consider him a priority.

Captain Toad
Chance- 6%
Too little, too late. But next time...
Want- 85%
I'm not really looking for more Mario characters... but what the heck, I want to see Toad! I'd tell myself that I should be annoyed that some other characters didn't get in first, but I'd secretly be laughing to myself in joy. Oops. Well, maybe not secretly anymore.

cephalopod17

Smash Ace
NNID
cephalopod17
Bandanna Dee

Chance: 6%
He was the fourth playable character in Return to Dreamland. Unfortunately for him, Triple Deluxe and the new Canvas Curse are too soon. Plus, he is not included in the gematsu leak. He has potential, but he will be more likely for Smash 5.

Want: 70%
A few of my friends want him, so that boosts him up.

Captain Toad

Chance: 4%
His popularity is starting now. It's too soon to make a big impact on the Smash Roster. (Unless your a Pokemon or Fire Emblem character)

Want: 45%
I like Toads, but I'd much rather have the classic Toad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom