• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rate Their Chances: GAME OVER! Join the RTC Social Group Today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
This is the only instance today where I will respond to another poster's opinion, so if your mind/score doesn't change due to my response, no worries, I don't want to push it. :) This will be for everyone that rates him close to 100%.

I both agree and disagree with your sentence. I agree that he has no competition within his own series, but do you believe that there is a 100% chance of a new Kirby character? Not only that, but Sakurai's biases also apply to Kid Icarus: Uprising now - and that seems to be his primary focus. Maybe Palutena (or Medusa or Hades) was his competition in addition to Kirby characters, and they won? Beyond just Sakurai games, there is also lots of competition from every other franchise, and not many slots left. If you believe the Gematsu leak, is Bandanna Dee the most likely character beyond Shulk, Chrom, and Chorus Men?
I think she's sarcastic with her chance rating... :p

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
This is the only instance today where I will respond to another poster's opinion, so if your mind/score doesn't change due to my response, no worries, I don't want to push it. :) This will be for everyone that rates him close to 100%.

I both agree and disagree with your sentence. I agree that he has no competition within his own series, but do you believe that there is a 100% chance of a new Kirby character? Not only that, but Sakurai's biases also apply to Kid Icarus: Uprising now - and that seems to be his primary focus. Maybe Palutena (or Medusa or Hades) was his competition in addition to Kirby characters, and they won? Beyond just Sakurai games, there is also lots of competition from every other franchise, and not many slots left. If you believe the Gematsu leak, is Bandanna Dee the most likely character beyond Shulk, Chrom, and Chorus Men?
Just to clarify; I only intended to insinuate that he had no competition within his series. Albeit, perhaps I did overlook Kid Icarus: Uprising. I still find it much more plausible that we are to receive one more Kirby character over one more Kid Icarus character though. Kirby is one of Nintendo's most prominent franchises and even without the creative directors innate biases, an additional character is likely. Many erroneously presume that Kirby is subjectively "fine" or "complete" despite nothing objective to indicate such. As for the Gematsu leak; I do not believe it, so I am not restricted by some arbitrary sentiment of how large the roster is versus who is already predetermined to be in the game. So perhaps you did change my mind, his chance is more like 90%. :awesome:

D

Deleted member

The Gematsu Leak is like some sort of religion.

"Do you believe?"
"No"

"Are you a believer?"
"Yes"

Someone make a symbol for the Gematsu Leak so it can be the leak's equivalent of the Star of David or the Cross or something. :troll:

a Link to the Forums

Smash Journeyman
I saw Groose's post and was like ":confused: Debate? What now?". So I went to look back on the posts from yesterday and holy cow! What happened there? Let's make sure we don't have another situation like that again. :)

Anyway, I might just clump these two together because they're so similar.

Chance: 10%
Sure Bandanna Dee is one of Sakurai's creations but he seems to be more invested in Kid Icarus this time around plus Waddle Dees are enemies in Smash Run. As for Captain Toad, he may have recency to back him up and his own game coming up but it's probably too late for that. I will give him a better chance than Bowser Jr now though.

Want: 10%
They both are basically upgraded versions of regualar toads/waddle dee and don't really have a lot going for them moveset wise.

Edit: Bandanna Dee Want: 50%
No longer against him but wouldn't be excited.

Predictions:
Ghirahim: 10%
Impa: 10%

Last edited:

Weeman

Smash Crusader
-Bandana Dee chance: 25%
Honestly while i think that he's by far the only Kirby fourth rep option, i still think that the Kirby franchise doesn't particularly need another character, and to anyone saying that Sakurai has bias, you have to take into account that Sakurai probably doesn't even have attachment to this character to begin with since he didn't directly work at the games that made him stand out more.
-Bandana Dee want: 20%
To my eyes Kirby already has perfect representation, and i have no desire for this character whatsoever, i feel that most of his "personality" comes from his fans. While i certainly wouldn't mind him as a character, i don't see raw moveset potential outside of spear usage, wich given the little guy's body proportions and the size of the spear, wouldn't be better than a pure sword user character anyways, wich seems to be a sin for all characters to be nowadays. But i guess it could still be fun so i wouldn't mind.

-Captain Toad chance: 2%
To little too late, he isn't as prominent ar Bowser Jr. either way, so i don't think we'll be seeing him.
-Captain Toad: 5%
Same reasons as Bandana Dee basically, don't particularly like the character, don't see much moveset potential, also i actually have always found Toad's voice annoying.

Last edited:

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
Bandana Dee:
Chance - 30%
Maybe I'm biased, but I don't think the Dee has a good chance. There's Dreamland, sure, and he (she? Does Bandana Dee have a gender?) is a very popular character. Not to mention how Dedede only throws Gordos now. But that last point really doesn't mean anything, with Waddle Dees in Smash Run instead. I feel like that change was more to take that into account, as well as balance and how Waddle dees were pretty much useless in Brawl and Waddle Doos were rarely, but sometimes good at racking up damage. Regardless, Sakurai is the director and he has a weapon not seen in Smash Bros so far so he adds something new to the roster... I just think that's all he/she/it has going for it in terms of chances.
Want - 15%
Ehhhhh. No thank you. I might change my mind in the rare chance that they are in the game and... pfft, sorry, I couldn't keep a straight face. There are just so many other unconfirmed characters I would want so much more than them. But maybe I'll come to like them in the possibility that they are in but right now, no.
Captain Toad:
Chance - 0.001%
There's a very faint chance. But it's not happening. At least, not this time. Maybe in time for the next Smash Bros game he could do enough things for him to have a moveset... at all. But right now if he was in, he'd be a joke character at best. And we all know how Pichu turned out. Seriously, what does he do in the games? Let me count them...
-Can land on enemies heads
-Throws onions
-That pickaxe in Captain Toad's Treasure Tracker which I think wasn't in development when the roster was decided
-Collects items like gems and stars?
-I think the light does something
-Jumping oh wait ahaha nope. Not even that.
Want - 0%
See above. I don't think he'd bring anything at all to the table. I actually find his screeching to be annoying, too. Nope. Nuh-uh.

andimidna

Smash Master

"Do you believe?"
"No"

"Are you a believer?"
"Yes"

Someone make a symbol for the Gematsu Leak so it can be the leak's equivalent of the Star of David or the Cross or something. :troll:

image.jpg

I nominate the Chorus Men Jesus Fish!

Last edited:

IronFish

Smash Ace
I saw Groose's post and was like ":confused: Debate? What now?". So I went to look back on the posts from yesterday and holy cow! What happened there? Let's make sure we don't have another situation like that again. :)

Anyway, I might just clump these two together because they're so similar.

Chance: 10%
Sure Bandanna Dee is one of Sakurai's creations but he seems to be more invested in Kid Icarus this time around plus Waddle Dees are enemies in Smash Run. As for Captain Toad, he may have recency to back him up and his own game coming up but it's probably too late for that. I will give him a better chance than Bowser Jr now though.

Want: 10%
They both are basically upgraded versions of regualar toads/waddle dee and don't really have a lot going for them moveset wise.

Predictions:
Ghirahim: 10%
Impa: 10%
Wow... Just wow... So much ignorance... But seriously BD is just dripping with moveset potential!, he has an effing spear! I's easy to make a moveset for him, just give him what he did in Return To Dreamland. Secondly, BD is his own character, and not just a version of a common enemy. THIRDLY Waddle Dees were enemies in Return to Dreamland, but BD was still playable, and R.O.B.s were enemies in Brawl's SSE, but R.O.B. is playable, so that's not a valid counterargument for him. Just the same old poorly-researched counter arguments for BD that I am tired of seeing.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Wow... Just wow... So much ignorance... But seriously BD is just dripping with moveset potential!, he has an effing spear! I's easy to make a moveset for him, just give him what he did in Return To Dreamland. Secondly, BD is his own character, and not just a version of a common enemy. THIRDLY Waddle Dees were enemies in Return to Dreamland, but BD was still playable, and R.O.B.s were enemies in Brawl's SSE, but R.O.B. is playable, so that's not a valid counterargument for him. Just the same old poorly-researched counter arguments for BD that I am tired of seeing.
Honestly, is just the spear really full of potential, moves that can catch your eye? I can't find the dripping potential myself.

Last edited:

IronFish

Smash Ace
Honestly, is just the spear really full of potential, moves that can catch your eye? I can't find the dripping potential myself.
just watch some videos online of spear Kirby or BD himself in action, moves like spear throw, moon drop, spear copter. Some people have even though about some of his moves using a parasol.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
just watch some videos online of spear Kirby or BD himself in action, moves like spear throw, moon drop, spear copter. Some people have even though about some of his moves using a parasol.
Doesn't really show much potential, I mean in KRtD he has a moveset basically already made, but it's not as ooze-dropping moveset potential as you described.

Groose

Smash Champion
Wow... Just wow... So much ignorance...
Please, don't start. If people don't think his spear is all that great, they're entitled to that opinion. We don't need any name calling!

Doesn't really show much potential, I mean in KRtD he has a moveset basically already made, but it's not as ooze-dropping moveset potential as you described.
...and we don't really need a debate over his movepool, either! Though, thank you for keeping it civil in that digression.

"Do you believe?"
"No"

"Are you a believer?"
"Yes"

[collapse=Gematsu G]

[/collapse]

Last edited:

a Link to the Forums

Smash Journeyman
Sorry bro, I wasn't trying to be ignorant. I suppose your right with the moveset, but then again, anyone can become unique if Sakurai invests enough time into them. But I still don't particularly want him. And sure, the fact that Waddle Dee's are in Smash Run do not deconfirm him, it's up to interpretation whether it lowers his chances or not just like whether the Kremlings affect K Rool's chances at all. Still, I do not see him as very likely.

I'm not going to reply to you again in fear that we might start a flame war so let's just agree to disagree on this one. :b:

View attachment 16843
I nominate the Chorus Men Jesus Fish!
Make it a shark and we're good.

D

Deleted member

Wow... Just wow... So much ignorance...
Although Groose replied to this, I have to say that these are the comments that I am most definitely fearing.

Although you see so much potential in him as much as I do (I am a supporter after all), we must not name call or insult those who don't. Do that and this day will go smoothly! ...I hope.

Tikivoy

Smashing idol~
Switch FC
SW-4447-4606-8984
Captain Toad:

Chance: 0%.
It’s way too early for him to even be considered for the initial roster. On the other hand, Toad now has even better chances then Waluigi for Smash 5 :troll:

Want: 100%
Toad is my man.

Bandana Dee:

Chance: 20%
Pretty much the same as Captain Toad. Yes, he's in 2 games after Return to Dreamland, but I can't really picture him getting in off that, considering they chose everybody way before TD and RC were even announced. I guess there's a possibility they'll consider him just based off his RtDL and SS roles, but not likely.

Want: 100%.
Anybody from Kirby gets that rating. Especially Dee.

a Link to the Forums

Smash Journeyman
Captain Toad:

Chance: 0%.
It’s way too early for him to even be considered for the initial roster. On the other hand, Toad now has even better chances then Waluigi for Smash 5 :troll:

Want: 100%
Toad is my man.

Bandana Dee:

Chance: 20%
Pretty much the same as Captain Toad. Yes, he's in 2 games after Return to Dreamland, but I can't really picture him getting in off that, considering they chose everybody way before TD and RC were even announced. I guess there's a possibility they'll consider him just based off his RtDL and SS roles, but not likely.

Want: 100%.
Anybody from Kirby gets that rating. Especially Dee.
Is this your first time on this thread?

Sid-cada

Smash Lord
I'd say it's more his style of play that interests me. He seems to place an effort on making tons of little needling hits, rather than one big one. Think of a move set revolving around having mostly multi-hit moves, like Toon Link's Spin Attack, Yoshi's down air, Pikachu's down Smash, Diddy's up Smash, etc. A dedicated damage racker who excels at running away.

Anyways, back to our supposed characters.

Bandanna Dee

Chance - 2.5% - Arg. The leak... so many characters wanted I have to say goodbye too... *sniff*

Want - 60% - I'd normaly be more enthusiastic about supporting him, but there are simply too many charaters missing from my wishlist that I'm starting to worry and care about them more. I was hopping he'd be in more as frosting on a cake, not the main draw! At least I think I'll be patient enough to wait for the next installment, when he's praticaly a shoo-in...

Captain Toad

Chance - 0% - Yeah, no. Too little, too late, and there simply isn't enough space left on the roster to justify it, in my eyes.

Want - 60% - Would normally go for plain Toad, but this'll do.

Predictions

Impa - 1.23% - Haw, we need to rate her? Wowie zowie, this should be lower than low...

Giraham - 15.35% - Dropping like a rock.

Second Power

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0774-5502-4430
Bandanna Dee
Chance - 30%
Want - 60%

Only viable Kirby newcomer, recognizable to fans of the series, uses a unique weapon, and cute as a button.

Captain Toad
Chance - 1%
Want - 75%

Is an incarnation of a very desired Mario character (I've heard Toad is the Ridley of Japan. A lot of people want him, but there's a deep pessimism that he won't appear for obvious reasons), is receiving a spin off that's a little too late, and cute as a button.

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
Bandana Dee - 5%
I last rated him at 10% pre-Gematsu leak, so I think a notable chance decrease is needed. Bandana has a decent case to be a total surprise character, especially knowing famed Sakurai Bias™, but as far as I know his importance/popularity compared to the existing three Kirby reps is much smaller (growing, but smaller), and Sakurai's already pretty well targeted his bias at Kid Icarus for this installment with Palutena being included. Also the small but notable chance Chrom (or Lucina) utilize a spear in their moveset, which would be problematic as Bandana's primary claim to uniqueness. Plausible, but I strongly doubt it happens.
Want - 25% - I don't particularly dislike him, but I think there's a lot of other characters from other franchises that are more deserving.

Captain Toad - 1%
Toad's obviously a popular Mario character, and Captain Toad's prominence took a massive leap with his new game being announced, but with the latter coming so late in Smash's development, it seems too late to matter. Doesn't help that the Captain is portrayed as having little fighting skill, never mind that he can't jump in a series that's all about jumping, and that Rosalina has already appeared as a Mario newcomer. DLC maybe, but next to impossible for the disc nearly as I can tell.
Want - 75% - I love the Toads, and while I'm not sure one would make for a particularly good Smash character, I know I'd be interested it happening anyway.

Last edited:

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Giving them both the same score because I see them in the same situation.

1% Chance / 3% Want
They seem like strong contenders for next game but they are too insignificant for this game.

Groose

Smash Champion
You can't grammar nazis have already trademarked the logo, you might get sued.
Funny. I whipped that up myself on MacPaint. I guess great minds think alike.

I do think I made a mistake posting that here, though. Let's get back to chances, eh? The blame is on me for the current digression.

Narwalgod

Smash Journeyman
Quebec, The land no one ever speaks about.
Funny. I whipped that up myself on MacPaint. I guess great minds think alike.

I do think I made a mistake posting that here, though. Let's get back to chances, eh? The blame is on me for the current digression.
Join us, groose... Join the derailers... LET THE GROOSE GET LOOSE!!!!

(i only made this repliy so that i could say groose and loose.)

Burigu

Smash Ace
Well it seems another controversial day is comming or maybe not.

Bandana Dee
Chance: 9%
Ok read my reasoning behind this:
  • In the last game we got 2 Kirby reps, not one, I don't see a 4th rep happening at least for this game, when Kirby was a lone rep for 2 games.
  • Bandana Dee was created by Sakurai in Kirby Super Star's Megaton Punch BUT Sakurai didn't make him relevant to the Kirby series, so despite being a Waddle Dee he created FOR A MINI GAME, I don't think Sakurai's bias matter here, he just make Bandana Dee to the minigame to differenciate Kirby oponents for the common enemies.
  • It was HAL who proyected Bandana Dee into fame not Sakurai
  • Bandana Dee is no longer an unique character there are multiple of them, the weakest point I agree since his clones came too late for Smash
  • The lack of Gematsu in his future
Want: 20%
I am a Kirby series fan, that said I am not a hard die fan of Bandana Dee

Captain Toad
Chance: 4%
The new game helps him but as other have guessed it came to late

Want: 30%
I would prefer Captain Toad over Daisy and Waluigi, and with his own game he has a better shot than the other two.

It is curious how people refer to Sakurai's bias when in the past it was all about Sakurai's modesty times have changed

Last edited:

Pureownege75

Smash Journeyman
Bandana Dee Chance: 10%
Bandana Dee Want: 0%

I would have put Bandana Dee's chance lower before, but after reading up on him, I found that he's relevant to more than just Return to Dreamland. He has decent popularity but his chances still aren't very high in my opinion. Yes Sakurai created Kirby, but its clear that while Kirby was the focus in Brawl, Kid Icarus is the focus in this game. He has moveset potential, but really, the three Kirby reps that we'll likely get are more than enough. I've played Kirby games, and I love the series, but ultimately, if we start picking a regular enemy holding a weapon, we are kinda scraping the bottom of the barrel for ideas. I know he is probably one of the best choices for a fourth Kirby character but really, do we need a fourth Kirby character?

Captain Toad Chance: 1%
Captain Toad Want: 1%

Captain Toad is a pretty comical character, and while he is getting his own game, I don't think we'll get a character who's only game is coming out AFTER Smash Bros. There isn't an outcry for a character from Splatoon for the same reason. Plus, the fact that his inability to jump is a pretty big component of his game is a pretty big hindrance. Yeah there are characters that can't jump, like Olimar, but that isn't a major part of the game. Furthermore, we already got a new Mario rep, which just further limits his chances. Having 5 core Mario characters, on top of side characters like Yoshi and presumably Wario is enough for one series. Not to mention I seriously couldn't think of a single move for the guy. I gave Bandane Dee **** earlier, but at least he has moveset potential. Captain Toad just isn't a viable option for Smash. maybe some day, but not now.

Narwalgod

Smash Journeyman
Well it seems another controversial day is comming or maybe not.

It is curious how people refer to Sakurai's bias when in the past it was all about Sakurai's modesty times have changed
Over time people lose fate in sakurai, some even go as far as to treat him as if he were a human being and not the god he truly is. BUT THAT IS ALL BLASPHEMY!!!!! SAKURAI IS THE ONE TRUE GOD OF SMASH AND ALL WHO DENY IT MUST DIE!!!!

That or people will use literally any argument that favors they're cause.

Groose

Smash Champion
I like how you thoroughly explained your score to void potential confusion, but do you really need to use the super-sized bold bright green text of death? Heck, it's even more noticeable than the text I use at the end of each day. A simple bold or colored piece would have been good enough, but this is going to get people to debate, or go off topic...

BUT THAT IS ALL BLASPHEMY!!!!! SAKURAI IS THE ONE TRUE GOD OF SMASH AND ALL WHO DENY IT MUST DIE!!!!
...just like this!

Last edited:

Burigu

Smash Ace
I like how you thoroughly explained your score to void potential confusion, but do you really need to use the super-sized bold bright green text of death? Heck, it's even more noticeable than the text I use at the end of each day. A simple bold or colored piece would have been good enough, but this is going to get people to debate, or go off topic...

...just like this!
Sorry didn't know that color was considered bad, for my it's not that shiny, by the way I didn't bold it :)
I changed the green parts to white, I also choose the green because it match the green in my avatar and my sig

Last edited:

Narwalgod

Smash Journeyman

...just like this!
Were you saying that it was off topick or that it was a good alternative to his nuclear neon frog coloured text?

Groose

Smash Champion
Sorry didn't know that color was considered bad, for my it's not that shiny, by the way I didn't bold it :)
I just meant that the entire combination of it being extremely noticeable and slightly controversial was a bad combination. It's fine now. I did overreact a bit, and I apologize--it's getting late, I'm getting tired, and I'm extremely fearful of this game getting extremely off-topic and intense while I sleep.

Were you saying that it was off topick or that it was a good alternative to his nuclear neon frog coloured text?
I meant that it was a bit off-topic. It wasn't overly bad, and I may have overreacted (see my reply to Burigu above). Still, though, what with today being so controversial, I'll have to ask for as little digression as possible.

Last edited:

Narwalgod

Smash Journeyman
I just meant that the entire combination of it being extremely noticeable and slightly controversial was a bad combination. It's fine now. I did overreact a bit, and I apologize--it's getting late, I'm getting tired, and I'm extremely fearful of this game getting extremely off-topic and intense while I sleep.

I meant that it was a bit off-topic. It wasn't overly bad, and I may have overreacted (see my reply to Burigu above). Still, though, what with today being so controversial, I'll have to ask for as little digression as possible.
Not as contreversial as yesterday.

Burigu

Smash Ace

Don't worry, I like a good debate but I hate flame wars, I only highlighted the parts of my post that I considered more important, not as a evidence to dismiss or start argument with others. People are being mostly civil until now hope it stays that way.

andimidna

Smash Master
Bandana Dee:
Chance: 4%
I rank him as the 29th most likely newcomer. I seriously doubt him. I'll go through as many points as I can.
1. "He's his own character"
No. He's your everyday Waddle Dee, wearing a Bandana.
Not even your everyday Waddle Dee using a spear, generic Waddle Dees use spears in Triple Deluxe: http://youtu.be/YeqAbX5q1WI?t=1m12s
And now, there's not just one Waddle Dee wearing a Bandana:

So this is definitely not a singular, unique character. He's definitely one of many Waddle/Bandana Dees.

2. "He is the 4th character of the 4 main Kirby characters"
All of the key-chains, artwork, etc. that feature the main 3 and Bandana Waddle Dee is just based off Return to Dreamland.
There isn't some official main 4 characters, he was marketed as a 4th Kirby character for and because of Return to Dreamland.
Now, let's pretend that this were true for a second, that he was an official 4th character.
[collapse=TOAD CONFIRMED]
[/collapse]:4mario::4luigi::4peach::rosalina: Hmm... maybe not.
He is not the only viable option for Kirby. I think his chances are only 3% higher than Magolor's

3. "He is unique because of his spear"
Why should I care about a spear? How would this differentiate from a sword significantly enough to catch Sakurai's interest?
For all attacks on the ground, would this be different from Marth and Toon Link's style?
Honestly, this is my opinion on what I see his moveset being:
Marth and Toon Link are both quick sword fighters. Bandana Dee is small like Toon Link. He'd use the spear for the majority of his attacks like Marth with his sword. He wouldn't use items like Toon Link, but he would have similar slashes and stabs to Marth. He only has real potential for a good recovery. Parasol is not a good choice because Parasol Waddle Dees appear in Smash Run already, so they're getting referenced just fine. But the spear-copter would be new. I can't imagine it moving extremely dissimilar to Little Mac's recovery though- he spins straight upward and falls slowly, it isn't very effective as a recovery but is decent for attacking. Also, I'm betting on Dixie Kong being in this game atm. This could easily be wrong, but I picture her recovery being her hair spin, and it would function very similarly to this- disregarding the chances of both characters for a second and assuming both make it.
He would mostly need an entire moveset invented for him to become interesting and appealing, and while that's been done so many times before, it certainly doesn't help him. He is lacking here.

4. "Based Sakurai"
He isn't the only developer. We got TWO Kirby newcomers last time, another Kirby newcomer already is very unlikely.
His bias has been almost completely directed towards Kid Icarus. Kid Icarus has almost double the amount of Smash Run enemies than any other series. It has 2 full stages, 1 veteran with a revamped moveset, and 1 newcomer with a trailer/moveset that is nothing less than a love letter to Kid Icarus. Kirby has had 2 veterans and 1 returning stage from Brawl, and a few Smash Rn enemies, but not even half what KI has right now. We also have 2 KI trophies and 2 KI assists. While Kirby has 1 trophy and 1 assist. Pit being announced alongside the main... 7, Pit being in both box-arts over Fox, Olimar, Zelda, Charizard, Lucario or Greninja.
I had always seen it as him and Palutena are in competition, and with her confirmation I doubt him more.

5. "Rainbow Curse raises his chances"
No, it doesn't. Triple Deluxe just came out, and it has yet to receive any content, right? Rainbow Curse won't just miss this installment, it will miss it by 2 games. If we were talking about Pokemon, sure, I'd consider it but still find it unlikely. Hell, even if we were talking about Fire Emblem, same thing. But with Kirby, not a chance. I'll call it a minor possibility instead of just impossible once we see something like a Triple Deluxe stage or trophy.

Is he highly requested? No. He is only popular or talked about on Smashboards, and even his popularity here has been very recent. I'm pretty sure his thread was only at around Page 20 at the beginning of the year. Just because a bunch of people on this website all started liking him doesn't make him any more likely.
Is he popular? No. I just looked back to old ratings. I think this support started out as a joke and has shifted to legitimate support for some odd reason. His want score here used to be in the 30s, and his want score on Gamefaqs was like 9%. Nobody is really requesting him. Prince Fluff and Magolor seem more requested (I think). But overall, a Kirby newcomer is not wanted, and I find it extremely unlikely. Compared to so many other series... it's just not happening. With the leak, there are those 3 and a very small few left after that. Is he going to get in over a retro newcomer? A DK newcomer? A Metroid newcomer? A Golden Sun newcomer? Veterans?
Is he appealing? As a fighter, not really. A generic enemy design + a type of hat + a weapon that is basically the same as something very common on the roster. The design and moveset potential is just not that interesting. I believe his reactions throughout the Smash community would be dominantly negative.
Is he recent? Yea, but unless your a Pokemon who cares?

He'd need to be much more important with larger recurring roles to make up for where he is lacking in other categories.
I know you guys like him, but he really isn't likely for all of the reasons stated, so I am sorry for all of his fans on here.

The only other newcomers that I think will happen are Chrom, Shulk, Chorus Kids, DK newcomer (either K Rool or Dixie), Retro newcomer (popular not historical-- Takamaru), and Ridley. Isaac and a Zelda Newcomer follow as decent maybes. Everything else is ranked below a 30% from me.

Kirby chart:
Kirby: always 100%
Dedede: always 100%
Meta Knight: 100% (I don't think he'll be DLC, I think they'll balance him in time, he's too important to leave out)
Bandana Waddle Dee: 4%
Magolor: 1%
Prince Fluff: 0.7%
Dark Matter: 0.6%
Others: 0.5% combined

I think a Kirby newcomer has a total chance of 6.8%, so Bandana Dee is definitely the frontrunner at 4%, but he's barely a contender when considered against every character from other series.

Also, Meta Knight has yet to be confirmed. His only possibility now is a secret character. I expect secret newcomers and secret veterans, but it would be a bit of help if the Kirby trio was all confirmed and out of the way. I'd probably raise his score 0.5% if Meta Knight was at E3 like I thought he would be.

Want: 0%
No, I've already said how much I've hated how his fanbase here has acted. And how they forced an (IMO) unappealing small fry down the throats of everybody here, including those who just don't give a ****. I'm very excited for the day his trophy is revealed. (assist is possible too)
Sorry but that is all I can say. I find nothing about his design, abilities, or personality interesting or appealing in the slightest. I support almost everybody, he is one of the few characters I hate and his "crew" is all to blame for that.

Pre:
Ghirahim: 15%
Impa: 7%
Why are people predicting that Impa will do better than Ghirahim?
Do we think that she's more likely? I certainly don't.
After she plummeted to a 4% last rating and Ghirahim zoomed up to the 20s... that would be an odd twist IMO.
Anyways, Ghirahim will probably be ranked amongst the Fire Emblem characters we rated yesterday for the same reasons except Chrom. And Impa, well, she doesn't really have anything going for her but she's actually really cool now. Just for the hell of it I'll also predict that a major increase in want will happen for Impa (rather than in chance).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom