• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.I.P. Kjell Anders "Nappy" Peterson.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
These boards really died over the past few days.

Sadface.

Xeylode: if wanna test something, I wouldnt mind know what stages we can grab release wario under a platform and still hit him. Also heard we grab release to sweetspot utilt under the halberd platform...

:phone:

I made a video featuring Snake!

http://vimeo.com/30869540
Bowser butt smashes are not cool :glare:
Good use of effects though. First video or have you been doing that for some time now? :)
These boards really died over the past few days.

Sadface.

Xeylode: if wanna test something, I wouldnt mind know what stages we can grab release wario under a platform and still hit him. Also heard we grab release to sweetspot utilt under the halberd platform...
There is not a whole lot to snake lol I'll look into that then. I know that SV has a higher platform height than BF, and it doesn't work on BF at all. So, two stages down lol

Committing to Melee is a headache. Getting consistent in brawl is not all that difficult and you might need only a couple of matches. But melee consistency fluctuates all the time.

etecoon

Smash Hero
that is pretty nice about brawl, I stopped going to tournaments for months and then randomly came back in august and did the same as I always did, I could do that again except my character is banned :(

Mike2

Smash Ace
that is pretty nice about brawl, I stopped going to tournaments for months and then randomly came back in august and did the same as I always did, I could do that again except my character is banned :(
i thought you played snake and ddd too

etecoon

Smash Hero
I can play snake a little but only with gamecube controller, I don't have a good gamecube controller anymore so I don't play snake anymore. I've never played DDD

In how bad condition are your controllers? Its funny how as soon as a button stops working the control stick is out of alignment, yet everything else might work fine, the controller really becomes unusable. There's must be a huge stockpile somewhere of partially worn down controllers. Somehow I managed to collect 7, yet I only deem half of them usable since one has a whacky control stick (only for smash though), one with removed springs, one is wireless, and the other I cannot recall.

etecoon

Smash Hero
the buttons are mostly good, the analog stick is terrible, all kinds of ****ed up inputs from it.

I can play MK and marth with the wiichuk, no one else really and marth is a bit worse off for it, I actually think MK was better with it...

but yeah it's strange because I'll still hang on to it and play other gamecube games with it in the future, it's just useless for smash

Attila_

BRoomer
my 'z' button seems to always die first. too much grabbing.

have 3 controllers with a semi-responsive 'z' that i dont use lol.

and one with a dodgy 'L' button, which is weird, since i shield exclusively with R, and only jump oos with L.

Forrest Gump
Aladdin
Little Mermaid

V for Vendetta
Animal House
Robin Hood (With Errol Flynn)
Robin Hood: Men in Tights (by Mel Brooks)

The Pirates who Don't do Anything - A Veggietales Movie
Shawshank Redemption
Ferngully
Road to Morocco
The Road to El Dorado

The Emperor's New Groove
Gladiator

And the best Disney movie ever
The Black Cauldron
^Complete lie

napZzz

Smash Hero
the green mile/saving private ryan

#tomhanksfan

for real tho I dont really think a movie can get better in terms of quality/presentation than those. Not saying these alone, but they're at the top for sure, and thats not opinion

Xubble

Smash Ace
I was thinking about Treasure Planet yesterday. Gooood movie.

Also, hi, I'm Xubble. Snake is my newest secondary, so I'll be stopping by the Snake forums now. ^_^

Attila_

BRoomer
something interesting that i thought of today.

remember when we dthrow someone on the ledge, and the animation cuts and they fall offstage?

i remember someone saying that snake has a single frame of disadvantage in that situation.

and if that's true, we beat anyone who doesn't have a <4 frame aerial with jab. and this combos into utilt.

they can buffer an airdodge (invincibility on frame 4), but we can jab cancel and chase with bair. i've done this one a bunch of times.

anyone able to test? it's rather difficult without a partner...

Frame advancement :D got to love it.
I can take a look at it. I believe I was told that every character can fast fall that to avoid really any punishment. But, I have never actually seen anyone do it.

I was thinking about Treasure Planet yesterday. Gooood movie.
Also, hi, I'm Xubble. Snake is my newest secondary, so I'll be stopping by the Snake forums now. ^_^
Good luck in future!

Attila_

BRoomer
pretty sure they need to airdodge to avoid anything (except characters like marth, who have invincible moves).

pretty sure.

but the airdodge is superpunishable, provided you're not versing mk.

Yea, some characters can fast fall to avoid the jab. Since the person is not really moving it makes sense they can fast fall right way. I tried it on DDD, but hes too bulky to avoid it with a fast fall. Falco, Peach, Jiggs all could avoid a jab with a fast fall, but could not if they did not fast fall.

Getting Dthrow at the ledge is fairly uncommon to begin with and I doubt anyone will try to train for just such a scenario against Snake. It is probably best to know that Jab is the most likely to move to hit someone in that situation which can lead to something else.

Attila_

BRoomer
if the one frame disadvantage point correct?

this is obviously situation, but could mean killing your opponent instead of having to edgeguard them...

etecoon

Smash Hero
jab misses a lot of characters from okizeme, so does forward toward tilt, also a lot of good characters do have <4 frame aerials anyway

too much talking about barwl in here :(

Attila_

BRoomer
jab seems to hit pretty much everyone.

d3 doesn't. wolf doesn't. wario doesn't. oli doesn't. toon link doesn't. lucario doesn't. popo doesn't. dk doesn't.

they're all pretty good characters.

i'm trying to help the metagame here.

besides, it's not like anyone was talking about anything else, anyway. nor is there a more appropriate thread to post something like this...

etecoon

Smash Hero
popo is a pretty good character?

it helps to know your options but then a jab doesn't guarantee anything in of itself either, you have to find the other players blind spots more than anything

if the one frame disadvantage point correct?

this is obviously situation, but could mean killing your opponent instead of having to edgeguard them...
I am not sure if you can buffer fast falls. I couldn't in the frame advance, but I have had issue buffering certain things in the past (like any smash inputs with the c-stick).

So, I had to settle with this.
0 frame: opponent inputs fast fall; snake buffers a jab
1 frame: opponent fast falls; snake's jab1 starts
2 frame: Snake's jab1 start-up lag
3 frame: jab1 hitbox comes out

If you can buffer fast falls (which I do not think you can do), it would have started fast falling on frame 0.

No need for the ... lol I was not trying to be critical. Simply saying that for all options your opponent has, it likely won't cross there mind to use the best option possible and would get hit by a jab.

too much talking about barwl in here :(
Then throw in other conversation lol Anything really, but nothing relating to music. That topic grows short really quick. For the hell of it, is anyone doing mathematics at all? If not, then forget I said anything.

Attila_

BRoomer
so it works then. brilliant.

1+ snake metagame.

i stopped doing maths in high school. i'm assuming you're studying it at uni? i'm doing studying physiotherapy...

Yeah, I am going for physics since I am starting to agree with the pressure other people have mentioned abut trying to do astronomy. "What do you do with astronomy?" I find it interesting, but I have to agree I do not see a many avenues in the future. And since physics requires a moderate amount of math anyway, I figured why not throw in a few more courses in it. If I had more time than 4 years, I might do something else, but I really want to get done in 4 years and get rid of this debt right as soon as possible. Half of this stuff is being paid in loans x.x

I'm interested, how do you go about training for physiotherapy? I expect a lot of hands on experience.

Attila_

BRoomer
it's hard when you're passionate about something, but you can't rationalize doing it. i got lucky with my course, although it took 3 years of studying to decide to go for it.

physio is a 4 year degree, 2.5 years theory, 1.5 years placement. i'm at the end of second now; have exams next week.

american system is pretty bad; we get interest free governement loans to pay fees; the government automatically takes a certain amount (2% iirc) from your pay once you start earning over 50,000 bucks a year to pay it off. you guys need to jump on that bus.

Xubble

Smash Ace
I took calculus two semesters ago. All I can really remember now is a pickup line our teacher taught us:

"Hey baby, I wish I could be your derivative so I could lie tangent to your curves."

Nerdy humor is nerdy. >_>

lmao Its always the jokes that are so terrible that end up being the best ones. There are some that simply make no sense and are bad because of it. This one is make sense, but its too outrageous to every say out loud to someone in a serious manner lol

Also, why does society have to be so sex driven anyway? What would it be like if sex was actually a tertiary priority instead of something that seems to be the forefront of many people's minds.

Xubble

Smash Ace
These days, logic is the champion of all. And since sex is considered the best course of action to ever happen in a person's life, it's only logical for us to make it top priority at all times.

I'm not saying that's what we should be doing (in regards to sex being the forefront), I'm saying that's just how it is.

KMFBrawler

Smash Journeyman
Halloween, haha MK's floating over my screen.

Have had a lot of ****ty homework, so haven't been here in a while. To make it up, I'll post a vid soon from a tourney I went to past weekend.

Xubble

Smash Ace
I'm gonna be dressing up as Snake when I head out the door tonight. Box and all. I just need someone to dress up as Colonel so they can scream "SNAAAAAAKE!!"

Attila_

BRoomer
no one in australia does anything for halloween.

actually, i spent halloween in the library, since its exam time lol

Its really only a commercial holiday more than anything. If you try reading some of the stuff on wiki, nothing about Halloween seems to hold throughout the years except for around the end of October and celebrating the dead.

Top Bottom