• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.I.P. Kjell Anders "Nappy" Peterson.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I can't really tell at the moment. Since Souther and Ganbaranai became inactive there isn't too much going on in their Snake metagame recently - it's a toss up between Shu and Kuroobi. I'd give Shu the edge still because he's so good vs MK.

:059:

MetalPat

Smash Ace
Cool. I enjoy both of their videos.

http://youtu.be/W_Xb8AtuHnY

So Nikita is good in this matchup?
fatal uses it alot in general. i asked him once and he says its a good kill move for edge gaurding. it should always be fresh since you don't use it, and when they are trying to recover it give you enough time to use it and pressure them into recovering without getting it by it.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
fawk

kuro, your replays keep messing up

ill try doing a clean reinstall of vegas, ill let you know how it goes from there

Mike2

Smash Ace
fatal uses it alot in general. i asked him once and he says its a good kill move for edge gaurding. it should always be fresh since you don't use it, and when they are trying to recover it give you enough time to use it and pressure them into recovering without getting it by it.
Nice. Well one thing I noticed is when he used Nikita, instead of the Pit shooting arrows and stalling like usual, he hurried to get to the ledge/on stage.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Fatal uses Nikita a lot for edgeguarding. One the livestreams I would also see him dsmash -> full hop away + Nikita to edgeguard people. Tbh I thought his success with it was rather modest but he still uses it a lot and I can see why[mainly because the risk is virtually non-existent and the reward can be really good]. In the videos you could see at the first KO how it's supposed to work: drop the Nikita -> close in and wait for the airdodge -> punish with utilt. Of course it requires a poor decision on the opponent's part because he has to be inexperienced enough [or just scared] to actually airdodge onto the stage after just one ledge grab. Pit is like on of the very few characters who can actually punish the tactic without risking a lot.

Personally, I think Fatal overuses the tactic a little. Snake has a lot of good options to trap opponents on the ledge and many of them are more rewarding imo.

:059:

I've got nothing to say about that. It simply sucks. I got to meet Nappy once. I was expecting to see him and the rest of MN later this summer or maybe even at IMDB 3. Now, that none of that can happen. What happened?
:(

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
Geez, condolences to his family and friends. Hope everyone is ok.

Hard to think of stuff like that actually happening.

:phone:

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471

Damn.....

*sigh*

RIP, my prayers will be for him to have a safe trip to heaven....

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
I see you guys found out.

Someone change the thread title and honor his journey to the afterlife while we mourn his loss.

I forget things like this happen on video games forums as well. Hard to believe.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
R.I.P Nappy.

It is extremely sad to learn that we have lost a great person who was also one of our own. But I take comfort in the fact that you have shed you're earthly burdens and are unfettered to start a new journey.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
I think I can unlurk for awhile to give my condolences.

He was one of the first few I met on smashboards, and though we never got to know each other too well personally, I'll never forget him.

Oh god... OKAY. He was actually a nice guy to me (Even though I had a bad start with him)....... I hope he goes up to heaven. Condolences to Nappy.... :(

Blacknight99923

Smash Champion
I feel as though we should make a memorial thread to our fallen snake friends(sake, nappy) out of respect.

Nappy told me he was a big MGS fan, so I feel this is fitting

I can safely say we will all miss him on these boards.

etecoon

Smash Hero

I only spoke with nappy once or twice on AIM but it's terrible to think of any snake boarder being dead with how much time I used to spend here, he was one of the people that had been here forever and helped make this place as good as it was for so long too. thanks for being a wonderful part of our snake family bro, I hope things go well for you on the other side

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Never met him. Talked sparingly. Regardless it is a tragedy. R.I.P. Nappy. My condolences go out to those who actually knew him.

Wobby

Smash Apprentice
Yea Nappy R.I.P. you there is no doubt in my mind, you are up there waiting for the rest of us to one day join you to smash with you again. That time you carried me in doubles to finish in first place was the greatest moment I ever had in smash. Cottage Grove crew forever my friend. I will miss you.

XEELT

Smash Rookie
R.I.P. Nappy I've said everything on every other place. Maining snake now for you.

Limeee

Smash Champion
I used to post here alot and I haven't for a long time, but when I found out he passed away I had to come here.

You were always one of the best posters in here, funny but still intelligent, and though i never knew you in person, I hear amazing things about you

you will be missed

RIP Kjell "Nappy" <3 :'(

False

Smash Lord
NNID
Falsified
Nappy I wish the best for you, I hope that everything goes well on the other side.

Thank you so much for the criticism on my videos, I really appreciate it. I'm terribly sorry for the bs that happened.

Top Bottom