• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.I.P. Kjell Anders "Nappy" Peterson.

etecoon

Smash Hero
dumb title is dumb

does anyone actually think that snake is the best character now? lmfao

@Strong Bad: You figured out how to do that stuff Toomai did? Or did he teach you, and yes, Utilt is dumb.

I thought ranked characters stemmed from Ankoku's early brawl thread on tournament placings. So with MK gone perhaps Snake might get placed on top again (only because of one less character better than him), but I doubt it.

F A N G

Smash Journeyman
Wifi Kirbies are the dumbest s*** ever.

I'm even worse for losing to them :/

I hope you have a more user friendly program :(

Above: Snake's Usmash for the initial hit. Yeah, good range in front, need to abuse more.

Below: Snake's Ftilt one. Like EY said, the inside hitbubble only hits aerial opponents, the slightly bigger one only hits grounded opponents setting up for the next hit.

God I love Toomai, Dantarion, EY, and anyone else who worked at getting brawlbox together.

jbandrew

Smash Lord
it is. people over-exaggerate how bad the DDD v Snake matchup is for Snake imo. It's not hard for Snake to wall out DDD... he's huge.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Any advice for sonic, rob, and fox? I have a tourney this weekend. General stuff or something most people don't know. Strats that are rather effective or "snake stuff" that normally works that doesn't on them?

How can we punish ddd spaced ftilt? Does dtilt work?(the way that avoids crouch frames)

False

Smash Lord
NNID
Falsified
Any advice for sonic, rob, and fox? I have a tourney this weekend. General stuff or something most people don't know. Strats that are rather effective or "snake stuff" that normally works that doesn't on them?

How can we punish ddd spaced ftilt? Does dtilt work?(the way that avoids crouch frames)
tilts **** sonic.
walking ***** rob.

FOX?! Ugh. I play NAKAT all the time now and the MU is pretty hard for Snake. you have to **** any grounded approaches with pivot grab, and make sure to jump and lob nades. If you strip and try to throw it Fox will just blow them up in your face. (Foxes will try to capitalize on your jumplobs and try to hit you once you jump, but if you space yourself correctly you can FF and punish.) Fox is fairly easy to tech chase, watch out for those regular-get ups when you're at low percentages. they WANT that utilt string. make sure to eject yourself with nades when you're caught in strings.

DON'T DACUS AGAINST FOX LOL. you will get punished hard from the slightest mistake. they run faster than your snake dashing. you will get usmashed.

NAKAT

Smash Champion
tilts **** sonic.
walking ***** rob.

FOX?! Ugh. I play NAKAT all the time now and the MU is pretty hard for Snake. you have to **** any grounded approaches with pivot grab, and make sure to jump and lob nades. If you strip and try to throw it Fox will just blow them up in your face. (Foxes will try to capitalize on your jumplobs and try to hit you once you jump, but if you space yourself correctly you can FF and punish.) Fox is fairly easy to tech chase, watch out for those regular-get ups when you're at low percentages. they WANT that utilt string. make sure to eject yourself with nades when you're caught in strings.

DON'T DACUS AGAINST FOX LOL. you will get punished hard from the slightest mistake. they run faster than your snake dashing. you will get usmashed.
Not bad :O

etecoon

Smash Hero
went on wifi for the first time in weeks and got my *** beat by scrubs tonight

if it weren't for skyward sword I think I'd have sold my wii by now -_-

I could do it, but did you ever post the download link from the last time you asked lol
I remember Calvo saying he would do it for you, but he said you never put up a download link for him.

Also, I am surprised about the influx of Florida in character boards. At least the ones I visit. 2012, Florida takes over the internet.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Lol ya flawdah owns swf ;)

And ya calvo did em quite a while ago.

K i'll post link(s) sometime within the next 1-3 days.

lol Just keep your wii Etecoon. It will be one of those things where you wish you had the system to play old games in 10 years. I'm regretting getting rid of my older handhelds because I want to play the old pkmn red, blue, and yellow again. But the only way that will happen is with a emulator or buy it off the net.

etecoon

Smash Hero
I'm probably going to wind up keeping it mostly for virtual console. there's no wii games I play frequently but it can still play gamecube games and N64 games, my N64 doesn't work so well now and the gamecube port of MM glitches a lot...plus I should import xenoblade maybe

kinda inconvenient though because I'd like to just ditch my TV and use my computers for everything, I think at this point in time it's really redundant to own a computer and game systems, especially if you do anything else with it beyond basic internet browsing. I already aim relatively high with CPU and RAM specs for anything I buy because I make electronic music so the gaming cost is really just the video card

A computer is as good as a gaming console if you emulate. But I have only done that with games that are no longer in production and like 10+ years old.

I keep thinking computers are getting faster, then I realize that people keep stuffing more stuff onto the internet and programs computers run in the background that it keeps slowing everything down.

etecoon

Smash Hero
yeah it's pretty ridiculous, and even the operating system causes this to happen. a 256 meg computer running XP is faster than a 512 meg computer running vista, it's ****ing nuts

I have 6 gigs though so my main computer is pretty good now

Top Bottom