• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

R.I.P. Kjell Anders "Nappy" Peterson.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
I've being thinking about something for a while now...
Like, every other board has a stickied thread for critiques, yet the Snake boards have like a bunch of "Critique my Snake" threads floating around.

I think it's time we make an Official Critique thread, and make it stickied, that way the Snake boards wont be cluttered with critique threads and it will be a good place for ppl to look at other ppl's vids and either critique them or learn from the critics.

I suggest that the next person to upload videos for critiquing make an Official thread out of it. Or if you don't want to, let me know and I'll make it, I can update the OP with the links to the vids and the critiques of it, sort of like what Commander Beef does for the Dedede boards.
I would make it now but it would seem kinda silly to have a critique thread without any vids to be critiqued.

-Ran

Smash Master
I prefer the separate threads. It gives people individual attention, and this way they won't be glossed over.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
But don't you think its valuable to be able to check out vids and the critiques of them without having to search through the whole entire board? This way its easier for players to improve as they can learn from critiquing of other people if they do the same mistakes themselves.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
I don't think they will be ignored, I mean, we have a Q & A thread, how many ppl are being ignored there? besides, if they do go under the radar they can just bump it without getting shunned on for double posting. I honestly don't see why you're so against this Ran. =/

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm at the most annoying stage in Novocain. Where your face is still numb, but not numb enough to make the pain where the shots were go away.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
I like how recently there are so many new discussion threads coming up yet no one seems interested enough to keep them alive, just saying.

Maybe it's cause most Snakes think it's hopeless with out Susa and the Snake boards will die. I believe that but we should try our best to continue on

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
I think the problem is that the players at the top level dont help out and suggest stuff, like look at the Falco boards, Larry posts things regularly. And the Dedede boards got Seibrik, Atomsk, AND CO18 all doing stuff and contributing. Here we have like no one lol.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
Theres no need to, they're all lurkers so they know about whats going on, they're just not rly up for advancing Snake's metagame. Instead we're having like our best Snake crying about getting gimped and switching to MK. =/

No way I'm switching to MK. He has no challenging MUs and he can gimp any character in the game easily.

Black_Heretic

Smash Lord
^^ have fun trying to gimp another MK

The new threads die because nobody cares enough to discuss everything AGAIN, its not due to lack of Susa, he used to complain about nobody posting too

Oh, and PMing a random top Snake and asking them to post more really won't accomplish much other than adding more spam to their inbox. They post when they feel like it and its usually here in the social. If something really interesting pops up they may also show up, but not everybody cares enough to try and help the boards

I like how recently there are so many new discussion threads coming up yet no one seems interested enough to keep them alive, just saying.
*cough*lazy*cough*

-Edit-
Theres no need to, they're all lurkers so they know about whats going on, they're just not rly up for advancing Snake's metagame. Instead we're having like our best Snake crying about getting gimped and switching to MK. =/
Xeylode (acting as the colonel): This is a sneaking mission Yume. That means you cannot be seen. You are a ghost in every sense of the word. To help you achieve this you'll have to procure all equipment on site. If you need to reach me, call me on the codec. My frequency is 170.20. But, do not expect too much help from me. All I will do is repeat the same thing over and over again.

Remember, this is a solo mission. This means you must learn on your own with no help from others. Good Luck.

-end codec message-

Nic64

Smash Lord
Me and nappy have been saying this for months, you just haven't been paying attention until now because now it's relevant to you

Wow lots of Snakes change to Diddy like Nappy and Zajice but didn't zajice go for jigglypuff or the was leafybug?

Oh I see, I'm gonna try out Diddy and see what awesome things he can do (But I'm still gonna use Snake)

TwentyTwo

Smash Ace
Me and nappy have been saying this for months, you just haven't been paying attention until now because now it's relevant to you
I mean you could always argue that diddy is better, but he has matchups that people have argued to be hard counters like luigi. I don't know though, I always felt like snake's popularity while it made him great, also makes a lot of people complain because they play at a low level and expect to win because of his tier placement and in turn complain he's not that good when they don't win.

People are talking a lot of stuff about Ally willing to counterpick now, but I don't see what the big deal is, he's clearly a talented player who can win with less effort if he switches characters, so why not? It's not as if he dropped snake or something.

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord
^ yea, we bash snake a lot for being top tier, but having his fair share of bad MUs. Also, I can't use diddy. It's feels strange to string so many glidetosses. It's not my playstyle. Y'know, when I think of it, I like to camp in almost any game. RTS - build and stock up on economy (which is why I suck at RTS games), FPS - online, mobile camp (aka long range support), street fighter... I don't camp.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
I may put a Santa hat on Nagi once I get home, that would be really cute :3

I have always being contemplating learning Diddy, I might just do so now since he's being doing so well in tourneys.

/meatriding

Top Bottom