• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official [QLD] Tournament & General Thread: Next Event - UQ Smash 15 - 19/12/15

Darkwing SykeDuk

Smash Dankist
pay zero attention to schedule here

qld tourneys go like dis
  • 09:00am- Venue opens
  • 10:30am- People start arriving
  • 12:00pm- Lunch break - people still arriving
  • 03:00pm- Brawl and Melee brackets begin OR if you arrive late you go have lunch and hold up the bracket
  • 07:00pm..ish- everything finishes and people wonder what to do with there lives

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
pay zero attention to schedule here

qld tourneys go like dis
  • 09:00am- Venue opens
  • 10:30am- People start arriving
  • 12:00pm- Lunch break - people still arriving
  • 03:00pm- Brawl and Melee brackets begin OR if you arrive late you go have lunch and hold up the bracket
  • 07:00pm..ish- everything finishes and people wonder what to do with there lives
Pretty much.

I shouldn't stuggle to get there on time (for once).
Is anything happening on the Sunday?
Keen for shenanigans, cricket, etc if other people are.

Jesmo

Smash Journeyman
For anyone who doesn't know, change of plans, I can't attend anymore. Much sad.

Hopefully I'll get another chance to play this great OOS players some other time. Best of luck to everyone at the tournament.

LordOxMoose

Smash Rookie
I know this is a bit late to comment, but I've been playing smash 64 basically since I got it as a kid and only recently found out about the competitive scene, and I never had a gamecube growing up and as a result have only started playing melee and brawl recently, however I would like to come along and just watch and meet/hang out with people

LordOxMoose

Smash Rookie
Would it be too late to pre-nominate for the events? Otherwise I don't think I'll be able to afford it.

D.J Cat

Smash Lord
I know this is a bit late to comment, but I've been playing smash 64 basically since I got it as a kid and only recently found out about the competitive scene, and I never had a gamecube growing up and as a result have only started playing melee and brawl recently, however I would like to come along and just watch and meet/hang out with people
Sounds good.

Play any other N64 games?

Hardpelicn

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0447-5409-6382
Good to catch up with a bunch of people that I haven't seen in ages, played like anus as normal, still had an awesome day :D
Bob+N64=TooStrong

Dekar289

Smash Hero
don't bother coming back to vic, attila
you're no longer welcome

guessing dean played DDD against jaice instead of marth
that's dumb but w/e gj anyway <3

smopup

Smash Journeyman
Best tourney in a looooong time. Great to see some fresh faces who seem to be just as passionate about the game as I am. Pretty hyped for the future after all this talk of regular meets + Melee being picked up for MLG next year.

Darkwing SykeDuk

Smash Dankist
yes twas funz

few people missed out on doubles too cause they didnt hear rego was happening or something, oh wellz

puppy ur fox is... intradesting but stop firefoxing straight into me EVEN IF it works on everyone else >_> p.s you still like ntsc or u wanna go back to PAL sheik lololol

james you need to press less buttons
rob you owe me a ryan
nice seein you again chris (amatera..sasuu...resu..) and chris 2 (uber) ur vids are always appreciated.... THE COMMENTARY IS NAHT

caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllllllllllllllllllllll......cccaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
lololololol if r going to choke make sure its not DI choke, das the worst kind against marth. I always keep my stick either neutral or holding down if im on the ground or ive been grabbed and then try to predict what they'll do next and DI that.

OMG NEW PEOPLEEEELELELELELELE!!!!!!!111111WANWANWAN

J-Birds

Smash Lord
what i learned,
when im nervous/behind i need to not revert to run away full hop b-air.. just play how i play
when im playing normally with reasonable pace, chill out do what works
need to find that middle ground...... that pc hot cold

Scoot

Smash Cadet
Thanks to everyone for the games and all the cool people that gave me tips and hung out with me!

I apologize if I missed a round with someone I had planned my day according to the time here so I thought that around 1pm we'd kick it off but it ended up being later start which is ok but unfortunately I also had made a commitment to some TF2 tournament as well which I thought I'd be able to play some smash bros and then run back over.

But that's all good :)

Karnu

yaylatios.gif
NNID
Karnuu
3DS FC
3952-7040-9841
After hearing a certain Melee player say to ignore my hype about Smash. All I can say is if this happens again the Melee scene can get ****ed and I won't run or compete in the game again and I'll leave it to having a 4 man bracket again. But I'm sorry for trying to get Melee numbers. Clearly this person doesn't want Melee or even smash to get numbers.

Shoutouts to the Melee players whom dodged their $5 entry fees. I've arranged for all TV's to be turned off until EVERYONE pays for next time!

Shoutouts coming soon.

J-Birds

Smash Lord
as far as i know melee was intended to be free and i think most people were surprised when you were even asking for an entry fee
when the venue fee is already 20 $ aint nobody gonna want to pay when the tournament has entrants <20
also if you have a problem like this, bring it up at the time. in person>internet.

smopup

Smash Journeyman
puppy ur fox is... intradesting but stop firefoxing straight into me EVEN IF it works on everyone else >_> p.s you still like ntsc or u wanna go back to PAL sheik lololol
You have no idea how godlike that option is on literally everyone else in Queensland, LOL. I definitely need to mix that up against you since your punish game is on a completely different level. I also need to stop second guessing my tech skill against you and falling back on things that just don't work. y u so intimidating

I'm still going to be a fierce supporter of NTSC but I won't lie in saying that I need a LOT of work in the Sheik match up. Gonna have to look back on the videos and study it/die a little inside every time I get downsmashed.

Darkwing SykeDuk

Smash Dankist
he thinks he's contributing

how cute

who said to ignore your hype? I remember saying ignore the 10 year old rule set you copy pasted from somewhere but that's it..

nobody asked me for an entry fee either, in fact I gave the $20 I won for doubles away to 4 people who had paid for ther entry into doubles.

I tried to give it to puppy but he kept losing mm's LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Top Bottom