• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official [QLD] Tournament & General Thread: Next Event - UQ Smash 15 - 19/12/15

Remastered

Smash Lord
Funnily enough, Jaice doesn't have a team mate because I'll be teaming with Chris. Jaice will be over the Thur/Fri night before the tourney so you could work on your doubles game then.

S.D

Smash Master
Yo S.D, what's with the hostility, can't we all just be happy and sing under a rainbow? :D
Interstate trash talk is tradition. No-one had taken it up yet so I decided to fuel the fire. For the record I have zero idea of the state of skill in Australian Brawl so my opinion is more or less worthless. VIC STILL GUNNA WIN.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
but realistically, the last queenslander to take a set off me was amateratsu. in '10. at a tourament with norfair legal.

lets gogogogogogo

Jesmo

Smash Journeyman
Jesmo from what I gather has been out of the game for a while? before that he was like 1-1 with me as well... someone who attila three stocks for fun lol. Inb4 a' 3 stocks Qld.
Just to go with this for a second, I don't think I've ever actually beaten you, mate. IIRC, we played about two years ago and I lost 2-1 and then to Hotdogs a few sets later. I have improved considerably since then (everyone has, of course) but I also don't know where you get the idea that I was ever out of the game. I missed like, one tournament and got removed from the pr about two or more years ago but other than that, I've attended like every tournament.

Hopefully I (and the rest of QLD's Brawl players) can give QLD some good rep and place well. I'll be happy if I can make Atilla concentrate during our matches
: ^ )

(EDIT: Sorry for the double post, friends. I didn't notice :/

Karnu

yaylatios.gif
NNID
Karnuu
3DS FC
3952-7040-9841
I hope I impress you more this time Jesmo. :/

I HOPE THIS TOURNAMENT I GET SOME OOS ACKNOWLEDGEMENT!!!!

Though, I doubt I'll be on Jesmo's level yet but I am the most improving here : o

Karnu

yaylatios.gif
NNID
Karnuu
3DS FC
3952-7040-9841
beat blade this tournament before you start worrying about oos acknowledgement.
Almost did last event >.>

I would of had a 2-0 on him if I saw that the timer was under ten secs. Third match frustration wore me Down. Smash four does not seem campy and blade can't beat me when he isn't planking in brawl..

I out placed him any other tournament I go to.

@ cal: Because I talk big and bite little...
Plus my appearance :( :( :(

# never gonna be fat

smopup

Smash Journeyman
BC, if you're going to dismiss a loss just because of "campy" play then maybe Brawl isn't the right game to be playing competitively.

Not trying to start any Brawl hate or anything, just saying that "I would've won if it wasn't for camping" is a terrible john and isn't going to get you very far in terms of improvement IMO.

Karnu

yaylatios.gif
NNID
Karnuu
3DS FC
3952-7040-9841
BC, if you're going to dismiss a loss just because of "campy" play then maybe Brawl isn't the right game to be playing competitively.

Not trying to start any Brawl hate or anything, just saying that "I would've won if it wasn't for camping" is a terrible john and isn't going to get you very far in terms of improvement IMO.
I know it's a terrible john. But it's the truth :(

It's more the fact that it gets frustrating and tiring. Resulting in me not thinking straight. I was so frustrated in the end I just spammed Fsmash hoping I'd get a hit when blade let the ledge go.

In game 3 I was sooo excused. I did even touch the game for a few weeks after

smopup

Smash Journeyman
If you lose your composure in the middle of a set than you don't exactly deserve to win. If you think it was a one off then just perform better next time instead of making excuses. =)

Remastered

Smash Lord
Age doesn't necessarily mean anything.

Take Blade for example. Isn't he 20 or something? lol Still hasn't changed at all within the 3 years or so he's been around for the most part.
Blade has changed quite a bit actually. Pretty easy to have a conversation with him these days, compared to the Blade that came to early tournaments.

Then again, we all play a kids game competitively, and plenty of us have been doing so for 12 years or more.

CaLibUr_1337

Smash Lord
Blade has changed quite a bit actually. Pretty easy to have a conversation with him these days, compared to the Blade that came to early tournaments.

Then again, we all play a kids game competitively, and plenty of us have been doing so for 12 years or more.

Yea man, I remember my first tourney back in 02.

Aussierob123

Smash Champion
My competitive play in 2002 consisted of corneria, high items pokeballs only 4 player FFAs. My most advanced tech was the roll which was OP. I didn't use c stick for smash attacks because I was too good for that, I knew how to charge them using the A button.

Top Bottom