• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official [QLD] Tournament & General Thread: Next Event - UQ Smash 15 - 19/12/15

Karnu

yaylatios.gif
NNID
Karnuu
3DS FC
3952-7040-9841
I just saw the trailer for this on Youtube and it makes me really want to go even though I can't.
Special appearance by me at 1:56 flopping on wifi made me put my face in my palm. Can't remember the last time I was on wifi though lol. But props for BC reading my technical error.
High hopes for Victorians repping. Good luck to all.
Btw, is there a stream I could follow this on?
Yeah, that was a while ago.

I simply picked it because of that punish on the tech error.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
tibs to lose in losers finals to some qld brawl random
loolll

then in gf attila rotates for the 3 games, 1 with falco, snake and ICs

Remastered

Smash Lord
When was the last time you saw Jesmo/Apollo play S.D? I'm very happy to admit Attila is great at the game, but Tibs/Chris/Jesmo/Jaice can't be counted out, and stranger things have happened when people have doubted QLD brawl.

If Jaice gets back to his old skill level, he will make a finals appearance. Reloaded was the last big event he practiced hard to win, and he was in the finals against Attila at the event, taking matches off all of the best players in the country, and taking A' to a 5 game set.

If Jaice kept playing though, for my mind, Chris would've surpassed him. It wouldn't surprise me if we see an upset at Santasmash. Particularly if Jesmo attends too.

Remastered

Smash Lord
This tournament will be an eye opener for the rest of QLD in my opinion. Many of you guys who are still up and coming won't have experienced matches like the ones you will play at Santa.

J-Birds

Smash Lord
damn brawl comboooos such hype, that fadeaway upsmash was almost as crazy as zac pichu fsmash...

Dekar289

Smash Hero
j-birds weren't you the best qld brawler before you swapped to the better game?
grab rob and come miles house

J-Birds

Smash Lord
if a bunch of homies went id consider it but mehhhhhhhh, didnt go to sss probs couldnt justify going to miles house instead

i have random hype for a crew battle
do we have enough for qld v oos?
or the greatest qld crew battle idea ever: pre kas vs post kas

Dekar289

Smash Hero
miles house will be bigger than shadowloo showdown
time to call nova and arrange aus sponsorships

noticed dean is going to this, melbourne top 3 it is!

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
lol knew that uair --> usmash combo against tinman would pop up in there.

glad to see this is starting to get hype!

not sure about tibs though, he's really slack when it comes to this stuff; y'all should start hassling him.

S.D

Smash Master
Apollo was at BAM I'm pretty sure? And he didn't really impress there... prior to that even I beat him at Reloaded and I straight up suck. Jesmo from what I gather has been out of the game for a while? before that he was like 1-1 with me as well... someone who attila three stocks for fun lol. Inb4 a' 3 stocks Qld.
Edit: Pretty sure Jaice just about lost to Dekar in brawl at Reloaded too lol someone correct me if I'm wrong but that is just plain embarrassing. No diss on Dekar, but he da biggest Brawl troll of the decade.

Remastered

Smash Lord
I actually never saw Jaice struggle against anything that wasn't an MU disadvantage at Reloaded, and I watched every match. I think that Dekar match was in pools, the first game of the day. Close first game, second game Dekar was stomped in an MU that was in Dekar's favor. Then proceeds to play in the finals.

Jesmo has made a huge return in the last year. Taking over my spot on the PR, and is arguably as good as Apollo.

Chris wasn't a Wario main back when you beat him S.D, and at the time wasn't a QLD ranked player either. A lot has changed in 2 years since he placed 13th at Reloaded. Even I out placed Chris at Reloaded, and he is far better than I am now.

Me, well I've been playing Luigi only for the last 5ish months, so I can't imagine me being a threat at all.

Karnu

yaylatios.gif
NNID
Karnuu
3DS FC
3952-7040-9841
And I want to add. A lot can change in 1-2 years.

I went from placing dead last every tournament in late 2011, early 2012. 7-10 months later of practising to my self on wi-fi , I come back and place 5th, 4th etc on average. I know that's not a huge thing to you guys with not having JBirds or Jaice attend Brawl but it shows a lot happens in a period of 1-2 years..

Matt's right on Apollo, he could be a huge threat to Attila.

Jesmo

Smash Journeyman
I don't see any disrespect in what SD is saying. I for one, have not been proven against OOS talent and the smart money is for sure on Atilla or Tibs. It takes me a fair while to learn MU's and players. I used to get trashed by Jaice until I learnt the Olimar MU and same with Apollo until I recently got more comfortable with the Wario MU. Tibs CAAAHHRUSHED me the first/last time I played against him, although Metaknight was banned.

Any QLDer who thinks they can beat Atilla or Tibs, well, do the talking with your game because IIRC, none of us have actually beat A or Tibs. Should be a great tournament and hopefully I can sort something out so I can come.

I do feel however, that I played extremely well at my last tournament. Sadly, Matt used Luigi in the finals and there wasn't much competition but I did 3-stock every single person in the bracket at least once and I felt really in form, so hopefully if I come I can reproduce that feeling of speedy gameplay and confidence that I get when I'm playing well.

I'm defs hoping for an upset though. Apollo for 1'st place.

tricksy

Smash Rookie
Yo S.D, what's with the hostility, can't we all just be happy and sing under a rainbow? :D

Top Bottom