• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PYP Mafia - Game Ova

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Third vote on a wagon I hate by a player I hate. Positioning on that wagon makes him worse than Orbo at the very least.

Also, it's Maxim. Protagonist of the SNES RPG Lufia II and its hack-and-slash reimagining for the DS.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Back for a bit. How are you reading me now? (I have martial arts at 6:30pm and it's 5:11pm now)

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Calm. The ****. Down.

You're leaping to conclusions faster than I ever have. Trust the voice of experience and realize that you've centered the thread around yourself and you're looking through the lens of your own slot. I think you're town who is amazed that people can't see that you're town. Take a step back and reread your own posts in the thread.
More so frustrated at starting yet another day 1 with yet another dumb wagon on my ass piloted by ****ty reasons and opportunistic scum. This happens to frequently regardless of whst I do and it eats at my sanity.

:186:

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Ten minute breaks are criminally short. Gheb's vote is garbage. Soup's vote is garbage but I forgot about the lazy angle and that can succinctly explain most of my concerns hilariously. Maven's vote doesn't seem to be garbage but Ran's post has me thinking otherwise.

Regardless i'm rereading my three null slots tonight.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Lol at that avatar change. I thought that was Axel for a moment even though Axel is J|Zen. (Who is that?) Also, answer me about Maven please.

Alright, tell me your thoughts on the Laundry wagon?

I'm going to head off for now.
Fine with Gheb's vote, his reasoning reassured mine for a little, but I think that Ryker and You are being a stronger voice of reason. Even in the odd chance that Laundry was scum, me arguing with him at this rate will get me nowhere, and I think even from the perspective of Laundry regardless of alignment he knows this too. Maven's seemed really tacked on and I didn't really get his whole point of who was baiting who. I'd like for him to explain more on what he meant, and how he feels now.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Ten minute breaks are criminally short. Gheb's vote is garbage. Soup's vote is garbage but I forgot about the lazy angle and that can succinctly explain most of my concerns hilariously. Maven's vote doesn't seem to be garbage but Ran's post has me thinking otherwise.

Regardless i'm rereading my three null slots tonight.

Reread your slot too please.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Calm. The ****. Down.

You're leaping to conclusions faster than I ever have. Trust the voice of experience and realize that you've centered the thread around yourself and you're looking through the lens of your own slot. I think you're town who is amazed that people can't see that you're town. Take a step back and reread your own posts in the thread.
I don't like votes with poor summarization and little justification to the claims they're making. I'd quote it for yoy but I can't because :phone:, so you have to bear with me on this. This wagon is one reason for his vote but he simply calls it bad. I asked him to justify it and he responded by asking for a summary. It looked like he was asking for an easy quick notes to attack but if he had already made the conclusion it was bad, he should already know its basis. That's what I saw and why I played bully.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
I wanna talk to ryker sbout my point of view but typing it out on my phone will be a nightmare. Right now, i'm agreeing maven is scum. If that is the case, he:s not scum with orbo. I don't think it's any of my town reads (the 3 R's) and maven flipping scum would somewhat clear orbo in my eyes (pending reread may change things). That leaves gheb/soup/Zen--which takes me right back to where I started today.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Ebwop: okay he might be scum with orbo but my current impression is probably not and thst's not due to how convenient it is.

Maven89

Smash Master
Maven is still suspicious to me. Here are his original scumpicks: "Gheb, Soup, Ranmaru.".
This is a blatant overexageration of what I said. I said Gheb raised small flags because of his play but I didn't want him lynched and was suspicious of the other two because they pushed RB, then shortly after made a post saying I decided I was focusing too much on what people were pushing Day 0. Grouping these things together and calling them "maven's scum reads" is a blatant oversimplification that isn't even accurate. You know better.

Now Maven pushes Laundry. His reasoning to even have Gheb as a scumpick is very weak, and I find it as posturing to seem like he has something.
Was calling Gheb out of his Day 0 play a weak move for any other player? Please explain why it is weak.

(Which he reverses) He also states he hasn't seen anything from Soup that seems pro-scum yet had him as a scumpick. Now he uses that against Laundry, and I find this inconsistent.
It's because you're skipping posts. Also, the only reason I had for Soup being suspicious was his support of RB, which is not something Laundry ever brought up. So how would those two be related?

am also not convinced by his reasoning that Laundry's post about Orbo is fake, and I find that (Maven stating that's really fake) to be the most malicious thing I've seen from anyone. My vote stays on him..
Why do you not think his Orbo read is fake? Explain explain explain. "malicious" is a juicy word and I find it funny you would use it.

Pretty sure I'm in the same boat and have committed less. What's your read on me?
That you don't really play unless it involves a personal friend, otherwise you just lounge around.

@Gheb How do you feel about Maven preferring Poisoner? How do you feel about Maven not even stating a role preference about that until after D0? Can you elaborate your read on Ryu (null town as always doesn't cut it for me)? Elaborate your read on me?
I was the very first person to give a role preference.

Maven89

Smash Master
Fine with Gheb's vote, his reasoning reassured mine for a little, but I think that Ryker and You are being a stronger voice of reason. Even in the odd chance that Laundry was scum, me arguing with him at this rate will get me nowhere, and I think even from the perspective of Laundry regardless of alignment he knows this too. Maven's seemed really tacked on and I didn't really get his whole point of who was baiting who. I'd like for him to explain more on what he meant, and how he feels now.
How could he claim you baiting him was scummy when he was baiting you back? That was that point. Baiting meant nothing.

I feel like people are mainly voting me because it's easy and I don't seem all that invested. Well, I'm not all that invested. I don't care too much, I've been pretty busy recently so I haven't had time to just sit down and really get into this game. I'm making what posts and contributions I can, I feel I've done more then plenty of players (Xivii, Ryker), but Ranmaru keeps gunning for me. Either Ranmaru has convinced himself that I'm scum or he's scum himself pushing me, because his arguments about me require him to lie or exaggerate, almost every post he's been making recently has been pushing me. I'm not comfortable enough to say he's scum, because I don't know.

Maven89

Smash Master
Honestly I don't even know how much I suspect Laundry, I mentioned what Ryker did and he seemed to respond to it. I didn't unvote because I didn't want to see that thrown at me as an attack and I don't see Laundry's wagon continuing on to a lynch. Right now I want to see Ranmaru respond and way, way more from Xivii. Other then that I'm not giving a list of reads because it's nothing much for any of them

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
This is a blatant overexageration of what I said. I said Gheb raised small flags because of his play but I didn't want him lynched and was suspicious of the other two because they pushed RB, then shortly after made a post saying I decided I was focusing too much on what people were pushing Day 0. Grouping these things together and calling them "maven's scum reads" is a blatant oversimplification that isn't even accurate. You know better.
Then tell me, what were those if not 'scum reads'? Why put those out there? I'm looking at the post you talk about:

I didn't remember Orbo being in favor of it. I'm thinking I'm focusing too much on what ideas people had anyways, I remember in the last pyop the mafia dominated the discussion but I'm having trouble making reads based off what I've seen posted. Either way, I'm keeping what I said for lack of anything else. I want to watch Soup v Laundry play out
What does the underlined mean? Are you saying you threw out those 'scum reads' (or whatever you think they are) at this post?

Was calling Gheb out of his Day 0 play a weak move for any other player? Please explain why it is weak.
I felt your reasoning was really weak in comparison to others. The reason why I feel you are posturing is this: You originally stated in your #135 that you suspected people for 'nuturing PR's but never talked about Gheb's outburst, yet Laundry did mention the outburst. Yet during D1 you mention it after others do. Feels like you are going with the crowds (posturing; to seem like you have a stance on him when you don't) and you stating that you didn't want him lynched goes along with that. Now, you state you are liking him more and more, and don't state why. That's also of concern to me.

It's because you're skipping posts. Also, the only reason I had for Soup being suspicious was his support of RB, which is not something Laundry ever brought up. So how would those two be related?
Which post(s) am I skipping? You had enough content to read Soup then and there, just as I did. Your stance on Soup was sudden and felt convenient. Question: Have you ever played with a ScumSoup, and do you understand how ScumSoup plays?

Why do you not think his Orbo read is fake? Explain explain explain. "malicious" is a juicy word and I find it funny you would use it.
I use it when I find something malicious. I also use it when I find nothing malicious, so I don't see why you find it funny that I use it. Your accusation of Laundry's post being fake feels like you are trying really hard to force a conviction, which isn't convincing at all. The accusation of Laundry's statement being fake feels fake to me. So does the underlined. Laundry stated his reasoning was only a weak one that would progress to a town-lean, which seems reasonable to me. At most, Laundry stating that is null. I agree with you that Orbo's action is null, but you saying Laundry saying that is fake is a huge reach. (I still find Orbo null and can't really get much from him until Wednesday and on)

I was the very first person to give a role preference.
You changed your mind and never gave your new preference. Poisoner was not your first preference.

How could he claim you baiting him was scummy when he was baiting you back? That was that point. Baiting meant nothing.

I feel like people are mainly voting me because it's easy and I don't seem all that invested. Well, I'm not all that invested. I don't care too much, I've been pretty busy recently so I haven't had time to just sit down and really get into this game. I'm making what posts and contributions I can, I feel I've done more then plenty of players (Xivii, Ryker), but Ranmaru keeps gunning for me. Either Ranmaru has convinced himself that I'm scum or he's scum himself pushing me, because his arguments about me require him to lie or exaggerate, almost every post he's been making recently has been pushing me. I'm not comfortable enough to say he's scum, because I don't know.
Red underlined, I want to know why this should matter? Both Zen and Ryker need to flesh out their reads more, yes, but they have done nothing *suspicious* that requires votes/reasoning. They only require further investigation, meaning, asking them questions/to commit to reasoning, which has already been done.

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
Vote Count: 1.5
Laundry [2*]: Gheb, Maven
Maven [2]: Ranmaru, Ryker
Orbo [1]: Xivii
Not voting [4]: Orbo, Ryu, Laundry, Soup

With 9 players, it takes 5 votes to lynch.
With the current vote spread, Laundry will be lynched at the deadline (Thursday, 11:59PM EST).

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Xivii Xivii

Your Orbo and Maven reads dropped from null to scum. Don't just drop them down there (and Gheb up too) without mentioning why. Since it's clearly something you disagree with me on--to the point of it altering your read on me--I want something more from it than "it dropped xd"

Yep yep. Was just waiting to get to a computer.

As opposed to Ryker/others, I actually feel Orbo is scummy. You stated that he was scumhunting day 0, but I didn't get that at all. His holding off the day was awkward to me and did not feel like townie trying to get to the bottom of things, but rather scum trying to play pro-town. Calling to not end the day yet is a generic pro-town thing to say, but I didn't feel like he actually had any town intent behind it, especially when he was for the choice being made. There was nothing more to be gained from you v Ryker that couldn't have been as or more fruitful going into d1 and if he really felt there was something to be gained from Maven I feel he would have asked again for us to wait rather than giving in when you (or whoever did) called for hammer.

< side trail >

I don't see why he makes a point of saying "hey guys let's not start d1 until we've finished up all these discussions". I don't see why he tries to ensure that you have everything on me and I don't see why he asks for more from Maven as mafia.
I can see at least three reasons for this:

1. The one I stated above. He felt it was a pro-town thing to do.
2. He was actually aiming for something other than his stated choices. We were settling on detective. Continuing the day only served against that. Also both you v Ryker and Maven's voice/vote were both geared towards pushing something else (tailor and poisoner).
3. PR hunting. I actually think that the theory behind this game (pyp) is opposite of its effect and that Day 0 serves scum far more than it serves town. The more people discuss their picks, the easier it is for scum to pinpoint the pr(s), because they know which pr(s) are out there. In marshy's pyp we (scum) were able to determine each of the pr slots and which was which all on D0 by stirring up controversy and getting everyone to commit to firm stances.

I should say at this point that my thought process is not that "orbo tried to delay the end of day 0 ; therefore one of these must be true", but I felt it relevant to diverge into this to show why his delaying in no way indicates that he is town as you suggested. Though I do get the vibe of #1 from his posts and lack thereof.​

< /side trail >​

All of Orbo's posts have felt incredibly awkward, the kind of awkward that spawns from scum trying to force content and I feel no scumhunting intent behind behind them.

Maven is less of a scum read and I'm not yet sure I'd vote for him. I still need to catch up on the latest of he v ran. My reasoning though at the time of my previous reads list is that his posts are all over the place and I do not follow the logic behind them, particularly his Orbo read and Ran read. His Ran read comes off to me as omgus and I get the impression that he is using the reason of suspecting those who pushed decoy merely as a means to justify it. This is evidenced by his read on Orbo. Orbo has not done anything to warrant a town read and he has him as one despite the fact that Orbo was out of the gates pushing Decoy.

That feels a little inaccurate. I can concede the reasoning is weak; I can't concede the reasoning isn't there. I have my reasons for thinking both are town but both are not very strong--that's why I think both are leans rather than hard town like other players.

Just to clarify for the sake of it, I meant that I also disliked Maven for the same reason: not having any reasoning behind his Orbo read.
Not really, we know there's no AG so there's only a single PR it could be useful against, a PR that's one of the least likely they'd give us. It'd probably have been the smartest move. Decoy is useful against every PR that exists.
You're not considering Bus Driver. Poisoner is immune to that as well. Without BG, it was essentially 50/50 in nullifying our role. Decoy is 1/6 Night 1 and scum are completely ignorant in whether or not they hit.

I understand the reasoning behind those who wanted to try and out guess scum with poisoner and tailor, but Decoy is really not as absurd as you're making it out to be.
Your scum leans are only the people who barely post? Is that the only reason? This is a ridiculously safe post.
Yes. No.

Catching up on the rest now.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Ran, I feel like you're tunneling Maven at this point. Remember how you said you'd never do what you did to me in Wal-mart again? You're doing that. I do agree with some of your points but it's like you're not even looking at the other side. Like I completely agree with his point against Laundry in #287. How is calling that out malicious?

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Right now Orbo is still who I would lynch at the moment. soup I really want more from you, I feel like you're no longer producing. #HBC | Red Ryu #HBC | Red Ryu , can we get something other than you talking about vanilla win rates when you get back from your movie?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
What points do you agree with? His call out on Laundry is reaching, simple as that. It's not a townie mindset to consider Laundry's Orbo read faked. It's flat null. I am interested in your take on the Laundry wagon though. I definitely want to see Red Ryu and Orbo produce content soon. I am interested in Soup's new push as well. Laundry is going to re-read so interested in what he has to say as well.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
I agree with you that his reads are contradicting regarding gheb and soup. I also believe that hos read on you and Orbo are contradicting. But I'm starting to think that this really is just due to laziness. I'm not sure he'd be as provoking as he's being as scum a la his troll of Ryker in #334, callout towards Laundry, and his calling my post ridiculous. Do you think scum Maven would so carelessly and needlessly step on peoples toes?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I am not sure how to take his response to Ryker. In fact, I find it concerning, that he calls you out for being safe when he gives a pass to Ryker for committing less. His callout I still find concerning, and need you to talk more about it since it seems you agree with it. I think Maven regardless of alignment would have the galls to do anything. I'm trying to separate the town and scumside. In D0, he gave an interesting theory, but was not involved, and now states he isn't invested. I just see nothing protown from him. I really need to see his updated reads list to get a better read on him.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Reading Day 0 I can see your point yet it's only a weak point against Orbo. Meaning I agree that if he believed Maven should have come in he should have stood his ground, but didn't. His inactivity doesn't help me in reading him. Yet, still null to me, and need more from him before drawing a solid conclusion on him.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
I am not sure how to take his response to Ryker. In fact, I find it concerning, that he calls you out for being safe when he gives a pass to Ryker for committing less. His callout I still find concerning, and need you to talk more about it since it seems you agree with it. I think Maven regardless of alignment would have the galls to do anything. I'm trying to separate the town and scumside. In D0, he gave an interesting theory, but was not involved, and now states he isn't invested. I just see nothing protown from him. I really need to see his updated reads list to get a better read on him.
Laundry no doubt did not consider Orbo's post thoroughly, whether intentional or unintentional. I gave three reasons as to why scum orbo would have done the same thing. Laundry admits that his reasoning was weak, but stated he couldn't see any reason as to why scum orbo would make such a post. This is pretty reachy and sketchy in my opinion. I think you're just calling everything maven does scummy, because you already see him in a scum light.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I just wanted a explanation on something simple and you took criticism and boiled it down to such a microscopic level that it can't possibly exist.

[...]

I was trying to make sure I didn't just throw my vote down on you because I thought the way you worded something or the way you presented something was totally bunk. I wanted to give you a chance, that's why I criticized you.
I strongly agree with both of these statements, they match my impression of Laundry's play and both are things that if not straight-up scummy are at least anti-town.

Some of you may remember way back in the day where I tried to establish some sort of "walls are inherently anti-town" attitude among the dGames community. The first statement perfectly illustrates why I was - and to an extent still am - supportive of it. By breaking a relatively simple point down to a 'microscopic level' as soup accurately describes it, Laundry has achieved a lot of things that serve nobody's interests but his own.

- soup's initially simple statement looks like an inflated case now with loose points that seem random and incoherent.
- by watering down soup's arguments Laundry got away without actually having to prove soup's point wrong.
- when I asked for a simple summary of Laundry's points he outright refused to do so even though he is 'supposed' to want soup lynched.
- the summary he eventually gave me did not stand up to my counter-argument which he also ultimately did not tackle.
- soup has now engaged in a walling battle with a scumread of his, something we all know players should avoid
- this is also where Maven's point that Laundry has baited soup at least as much as vice versa comes into play big time for me

:059:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
So unless Laundry just directly tackles the points that are still left in simple sentences without breaking every statement down into sentences and sub-sentences I will consider him 'established scum', stop making any further points on the matter and start looking into other directions for now.

Unvote

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Zen, I would lean unintentional for him. I also did not consider the scumside, I just considered it as null without thinking that deeply. I can see it as Laundry seeing that on the surface and seeing his play, I don't think he's scum faking it. What are you referring to as reachy and sketchy? Also, if Maven had anything that seemed contrary to being scum, please provide it to me, because otherwise, I have yet to see it. For example, take my read on Soup. He's one who's been getting plenty of attention, for being 'safe', yet I found some of his posts making sense, and I sense no maliciousness from him. Soup has been present enough for me to at least see what he is saying while Maven has only been around less. That's it.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Zen, I think Orbo would be a decent fall-back lynch. Who else do you think would be a good play and why?

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Zen, I would lean unintentional for him. I also did not consider the scumside, I just considered it as null without thinking that deeply. I can see it as Laundry seeing that on the surface and seeing his play, I don't think he's scum faking it. What are you referring to as reachy and sketchy? Also, if Maven had anything that seemed contrary to being scum, please provide it to me, because otherwise, I have yet to see it. For example, take my read on Soup. He's one who's been getting plenty of attention, for being 'safe', yet I found some of his posts making sense, and I sense no maliciousness from him. Soup has been present enough for me to at least see what he is saying while Maven has only been around less. That's it.
Was refering to Laundry, my b. I realize that wasn't clear. Meaning, Maven's post makes sense to me.
Zen, I think Orbo would be a decent fall-back lynch. Who else do you think would be a good play and why?

I'm still not sure. Need more pieces (primarily content from orbo, ruy, and soup) for things to align.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Gheb, Please answer. I don't see why you argue against walling (since it's anti-town) yet be anti-town with this. I also agree with Laundry that you aren't really fleshing out how you came to the conclusion fully, and you state you aren't convinced. That's still a question mark to me and it needs to be answered. I also am not convinced by you stating laundry is 'established scum' either.

Top Bottom