• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Prophet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SolidSonic

Smash Ace
For the love of god stop trying to hyper analyze this... No one can say for sure whether he is legit or not. End of story.

If you want to be cautiously skeptical for the sake of it, then thats cool.

If you want to be amusingly optimistic for the sake of it, the thats also cool.

Welcome to the internet you master debators.

The Kirby Kong

Smash Journeyman
that's absurd. really. do you know who else believed someone without questioning? nazis.
Do you know what people have done the exact same thing as the Nazis, but got away with it?

I'll give you a hint:
The slaughter of an entire race of red skinned people. Does that ring any bells?

Anyway, I apologize for making Americans ridiculous, the emphasis of my original post was honestly aimed at the internet becoming really absurd and having a bad impact on people's believability. Please don't create a fuzz, thank you.

Black/Light

Smash Master
I'll say it again, it's this simple. We can't know anything for certain regarding this guy other than he got something right. How much anyone here believes any characters will be in or not DOESN'T change how right or wrong he is.
I agree. Really, people need to claim down and wait for 2 weeks. We will have MANNNNY so called "leaks" in the coming weeks (fakes and true ones) so don't get all hyped up for every Di(k and Jane who gets something/ one thing right.

Debating about how right or wrong you think this guy is will not change anything. It will not make this word anymore creditable nor will it make what he says any more true.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
Very interesting stuff. Dragoon really isn't something that a troll would use in his post, and the fact that he described it bang on is spooky.

But seriously, I don't see Ness coming back. Meh.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
It's the spot-on accuracy of the Dragoon description that really makes this seem quite credible. For those familiar with Kirby's Air Ride, the Dragoon was the ultimate vehicle, but from nowhere in the game could one derive its purpose as seen in Brawl. I'm hard-pressed to believe that Ness will be returning, and Wolf seems pretty unoriginal (I'd much rather see Falco and Krystal as the other two reps), but perhaps we will see those two appear as costumes for both Lucas and Fox respectively (even though the Overalls Wario update pretty much confirmed that no other character will have alternate outfits). Perhaps there are Ness-esque and Wolf-ish palette swaps for Lucas and Fox respectively--after all, the Dark Fox does look like Wolf...

iMichael

Smash Lord
I never believe stuff like this....lol it happens all the time. After some crazy update...someone from a different forum will post something....whatever...I'm not going to explain.

chaos_Leader

Smash Lord
The only portion of that which gives this guy any credibility is the Spot-On description of the dragoon. To predict something like that is akin to predicting Pokemon Trainer. Most of his other claims are not too fetched to be inconceivable. His information is second-hand. I do not think the development contacted him personally. I believe someone else in contact with the development told this "prophet". He isn't an attention nut, otherwise he would've posted his information earlier. If 4 StarFox reps are in, and there are 40+ chars, that be about right, my personal estimate has always been 42 playable chars for Brawl.

I wouldn't say he's right about everything, but it is something to keep an eye on in case any of his other claims also are correct. If more of his information is confirmed, than he has complete credibility. Until then, keep an eye out for what he predicted. Let's see if Time is really on his side.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
coming from the guy who has the ice climbers as an avatar. suck my balls *****.
What with the flaming and speculation. Oi.
Mewtwo and Ness deserve to return. But neither of them deserved to get replaced. Ness probably has, but not Mewtwo..

deebz435

Smash Journeyman
I'm not sure about Wolf being in it that doesn't seem likely, but the Dragoon description was accurate which is why I haven't completely disregarded this. I hope this rumor is false though, because I don't want Mewtwo to be replaced by Lucario.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
This jives well with what NyaseNya and serebii have been saying.

NyaseNya said that Ness would return, and Serebii said that Lucario would get in and replace Mewtwo.

However, if this person is the real deal, then that would mean at least three Star Fox characters in a roster of only 35 (if NyaseNya is to be believed). Remember, Nya said that only the European and North American versions of Brawl would be delayed, so even if Brawl has gone golden, it does not affect the Japanese version.

Taking information from all three of these people here is our roster:

1. Mario
2. Bowser
3. Peach
4. Donkey Kong
5. Diddy Kong
6. Link
7. Zelda/Sheik
8. Ganondorf
9. Toon Link
10. Samus/Zero Suit Samus
11. Captain Falcon
12. Lucas
13. Ness
14. Yoshi
15. Kirby
16. Meta Knight
17. King Dedede
18. Fox
19. Falco
20. Wolf
21. Pikachu
22. Pokemon Trainer
23. Lucario
24. Ike
25. Wario
26. Captain Olimar
27. Ice Climbers
28. Pit
29. Mr. Game & Watch
30. Snake
31. Sonic
-------
Speculation:
32. Luigi (why would an important and popular character be cut).
33. Jigglypuff (a character since the original, and accidentally confirmed by David Hayter, the voice actor for Snake)
34. A second Fire Emblem character (Marth, Eliwood, or even Micaiah).
35. Either Ray or Isaac, or some sort of WTF final character, or Krystal, (however, why would Star Fox get four characters, tying it with Mario, Zelda, and Pokemon) .

This could be our roster. :ohwell:

However, one of these three (or all three) could be lying. Anyway, these "insiders" will either be disproved or proved in less than four weeks due to Brawl's Japanese release (January 24). However, I would be a tad disapppointed if this did end up being the roster. I will keep a lookout for any new roster leaks or rumors, and will try to notify all the people who don't want to be spoiled, to get off the internet as soon as the leak hits.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
T_T
I'm getting sick of you hating Krystal Chrono..
But either way, I don't think that is the final roster, and I ain't believing alot of these rumors.,,

orintemple

Smash Lord
These are very possible beliefs. They are not at all farfetched but I don't belive that Ness is coming back or that there will only be 35 characters. With such a small amount from Melee not returning I don't think its realistic to say that there are only a few new characters besides who we don't know about. I'm going to stick with my guess of 40.

There is currently 23 confirmed characters. There is no doubt in my mind that Falcon, Jiggs, Luigi, Ganon and Falco will be back. I also don't think they will remove G&W. Mewtwo will be replaced most likely, which fills that slot. If I am right then there is "confirmed"(by my logic) to be 30 as of now. Then there are all the ones we don't know about. Maybe there will only be 5 others, it is likely, but I still think there are a lot that could still be very likely. Bowser Jr, Krystal/Wolf, Isaac, our final 3rd party character, and who knows what else.

I will give a cookie to whoever predicts the roster correctly.

Agosta44

Smash Ace
Im starting to believe Lloyd will be the final 3rd party...

Link in Soul Calibur....ToS 2.....Lloyd in Soul Calibur.....Namco Nintendo Sega the "triforce" companies (I think they were the three...)

MK-Ultra

Smash Apprentice
All hail the prophet! Those skeptics among, those envious of his powers, be warned! Your day of reckoning is upon you. Those remaining, bow and throw your hands forth in a sign of subservience to the GREAT CHAOS ZERO!

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
T_T
I'm getting sick of you hating Krystal Chrono..
But either way, I don't think that is the final roster, and I ain't believing alot of these rumors.,,
I don't like Krystal, but I try to be as unbiased with her as possible. Even in my analysis topic I mention that she is the most likely character to get in as the second Star Fox character. However, don't you think that four Star Fox characters in a roster of only 35 characters, would be overrrepresenting a series that has been on the decline and has had only five installments to date.

Anyway, I am rigorously searching for more rumors, the entire roster could very well be leaked a few days prior to the Japanese-release, due to games coming out a few days earlier in Hong Kong. Remember, when the Melee roster was leaked, it was gretted with flames and disbelief. That is why I am treating these rumors cautiously. However, they are by no means truth, simply something that stays of the back-burner when it comes to thinking about roster possibilites.

smash_kid

Smash Cadet
You are wrong! Mewtwo will not get replaced by a certain annoying pokemon >_<
Honestly, I don't think any characters that are in Melee will get cut. That just doesn't make sense. When they created Melee from Smash 64, they didn't cut anyone. Why would they decide to do so now? If Lucario's in the game, I seriously doubt it'll be INSTEAD of Mewtwo.

All hail the prophet! Those skeptics among, those envious of his powers, be warned! Your day of reckoning is upon you. Those remaining, bow and throw your hands forth in a sign of subservience to the GREAT CHAOS ZERO!
Eh, scary? What is this supposed to mean? :confused:

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Also, has anyone noticed he NEVER said Wolf is playable?
Hmmm, I was thinking that too. Wolf (in his ship) could very well be a boss-character. I wish there was someway I could contact the person who posted this information, however, I think this person will be laying low for the next few weeks. Either way I think we are looking at three playable Star Fox characters in the Brawl roster (because the Krystal VA thing lays credence to her possibly being a playable character).

sonic smash down

Smash Lord
and yet though it says in no way how wolf will be in the game, which means that wolf could be an sse boss while krystal would fill in the third spot if you think its overcrowdin with four takes and who says it had to be 35 reps. thats only a ten difference from the melee version don't you think thats to little from the last game??

Stryks

Smash Hero
Guys he made this topic TODAY, he just added the kirby thing to sound 'accurate' seriously the ness thing and lucario>mewtwo shows this is BS...

orintemple

Smash Lord
Im starting to believe Lloyd will be the final 3rd party...

Link in Soul Calibur....ToS 2.....Lloyd in Soul Calibur.....Namco Nintendo Sega the "triforce" companies (I think they were the three...)
This is very likely and I was thinking the same thing. There are kinf of a lot of swordsmen though, and I don't know whether Sakurai cares if there are a lot, but he most likely doesn't want the game to be stale with a lot of swordsmen characters. If each of them is unique, it works well, as it has in the past, but they need to be very different. Although Lloyd could likely take the place of Marth as the quick swordsmen. Maybe there is hope for this. I would be VERY happy if Lloyd was it, because I love Tales of Symphonia but we'll have to see.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Guys he made this topic TODAY, he just added the kirby thing to sound 'accurate' seriously the ness thing and lucario>mewtwo shows this is BS...
QFT!

All hail Stryks!
The ignorance is strong with this one
The annoyance is strong in this one.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
and yet though it says in no way how wolf will be in the game, which means that wolf could be an sse boss while krystal would fill in the third spot if you think its overcrowdin with four takes and who says it had to be 35 reps. thats only a ten difference from the melee version don't you think thats to little from the last game??
NyaseNya was the one to say 35 characters. She was also the one to say Ness would return, something that was (and remains) to be an unpopular and unlikely circumstance. This "prophet" also claims that Ness will return. Serebii said that Lucario would get in and replace Mewtwo, as well as this "prophet."

It is quite likely that these people are stealing rumor ideas from one another, however, there is also the possibility that the information being provided by these three individuals is actual information with truth to it. Nevertheless, like I mentioned earlier, the truth will be known next month. In the meantime, I expect more "prophets" to show up claiming to be insiders and claim to have information regarding Brawl that has yet to be revealed.

Stryks

Smash Hero
If he did it before today, which I have no knowledge of then I take back what I said, except the ness and lucario>mewtwo thing, I RREALLY cant see it happening, especially ness...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom