1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 150,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 15 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

3. Trying to find the perfect gift? Use the Smashboards Store to get awesome Smash accessories, like a Nintendo Controller! Please check out the inventory in our store and support Smashboards with your purchase today!

4. Guest, we are currently running a contest to determine the best guide on Smashboards! $200 is up for grabs! Go here for details and to submit your candidate! Guide Contest Info!

Prophet?

Discussion in 'Brawl General Discussion' started by verditude, Dec 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. verditude

verditude Smash Journeyman

Update: The user who posted this was ChaosZero on Gamefaqs.

This is from Gamefaqs, from after the stage builder was announced, on 10/30/07.
    Update: This is a scan of the original post: [​IMG]
    Thoughts? I don't know the original user personally, but he seems reputable, and this kind of prophesy is hard to ignore.
    inb4flames

EDIT: For those of you who can't accept Ness's return:
  2. Chaosblade77

Chaosblade77 Smash Lord

I have a hard time believing that, but it sounds like it really could be true other than that.
  3. Dry Bones

Dry Bones Smash Ace

uhm... wow...
  4. Zero_P

Zero_P Smash Ace

Strange, I'd like to believe this but since a bunch of rumors that looked very real turned out to be false, it's hard to accept this.
  5. Dry Bones

Dry Bones Smash Ace

but he predicted that dragoon parts thing to absolute pinpoint accuracy
  6. Charoo

Charoo Smash Champion

dragoon + parts + crosshair + devastating move = too good
  7. verditude

If this is right, we've got a situation, especially involving Star Fox reps. With Falco back and Wolf in, along with Krystal possible, we either have 4 Star Fox reps, or Krystal isn't playable. If we have 4 reps, we better have a ton of characters (45 or so) or it'll be pretty unbalanced rep-wise.
  8. AdmantNESS

AdmantNESS Smash Ace

This topic may not end well...(hopefully it does)

I want to believe this though. We will have to wait until morning when most are awake for more replies.
  9. IsmaR

IsmaR Still Waiting

• Premium
    Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
    3DS FC:
    3179-6068-0031
    NNID:
    Super_Sand_Lezbo
    This can't be true! Mewtwo won't get replaced! Especially by Lucario!
  10. Got Blood?

Got Blood? Smash Lord

Too bad he can't use his powers to stop the end of the world,but video games are good too I guess.
  11. Eagle

Eagle Smash Lord

Maybe Mewtwo will become an evil guy like Bowser and Wario and use a trophy gun.

Edit: And if this is true, wow there must be like 40+ characters. ^_^
  12. IsmaR

IsmaR Still Waiting

• Premium
    3DS FC:
    3179-6068-0031
    NNID:
    Super_Sand_Lezbo
    That still explains nothing, they are all playable :p

Lucario can be in, but not if he replaces Mewtwo, taking his moveset and all.
  13. SOJ

SOJ Smash Journeyman

• Project M Dev Team
    I believe this is true. Everything except for Ness. I remember that Serebii was quoted that Lucario was replacing Mewtwo...and Serebii has very good reputation. But yes I definitely believe all this stuff is true. Ganondorf, Sheik, Falcon, Falco, and Final Des are all VERY VERY likely to be in the game, but I don't know about Wolf... I think Wolf might be a boss or something. What other Starfox boss would there be?
  14. Black/Light

Black/Light Smash Master

Ummm, Im not bitting this one. I find most of this (not likely things) hard to believe and we have other people who made some out there things that ended up happening but was still fake for the most part and ended up being lucky guesses.
  15. verditude

This would definitely be the luckiest guess of all time.
  16. sonic smash down

sonic smash down Smash Lord

there is two flaws in that
    1.Ness is returning
    -sakurai even pretty much deconfirmed ness by statin the up until now stuff when lucas showed up

2Lucario is taking Mewtwo's Place.
    -lucario could never take mewtwo's place EVER!

but yeah if that dragoon idea was a guess it had to be the luckiest guess. and stage builder was a shoe-in to begin with
    Senselessbreak likes this.
  17. SOJ

SOJ Smash Journeyman

• Project M Dev Team
    Yea Ness IS pretty much deconfirmed. I mean in SSBM Sakurai even wanted Lucas to replace Ness...and now he has it.

Ness might make a cameo...but I don't think he'll be playable. If he turns out to be playable...Sakurai will pull the biggest mindgame of them all.
  18. Mestro

Mestro Smash Journeyman

mmm this weird... i hope this guy is right!

i want to see Falcon on Brawl

:chuckle:
  19. Black/Light

Black/Light Smash Master

In a few weeks we will know everything about the game so I don't see any need to get worked up over this.
  20. Luke Groundwalker

Luke Groundwalker Smash Lord

I think he's telling the truth sadly. Even though that would mean Sakurai lied about Ness' inclusion (unless it turned out Ness was an alt.). Serebii kinda said sh-t about Lucario replacing Mewtwo before, also.
  21. verditude

Argh... Up until now is not a valid argument. I'll quote myself:
    I agree, Ness's chances are slim, with Lucas having his moves and all, but it's possible that Sakurai could make Lucas a starter and Ness an unlockable, with Ness getting a new moveset, or just make him a clone.
  22. Chaosblade77

Chaosblade77 Smash Lord

Honestly when you look at it, what is NOT to believe. The only semi-controversial things on that are Wolf (slightly), Ness (more so), and Lucario (also more so).

The rest is obvious.

I don't see how someone could have correctly "guessed" the Dragoon with that much accuracy, but also that much question in their wording unless they intentionally worded it so it seemed like they were not 100% sure of what they were talking about.

All in all, after doing some digging on this, it's probably one of the most likely "predictions"/leaks so far. I am not saying it's definitely completely right, but I'd say most of it is obviously correct while the rest does have some chance, and wouldn't surprise me if this guy was right.

Also... lets not turn this into yet another Ness thread...
  23. sonic smash down

sonic smash down Smash Lord

true it could be that he's playin mind games with us, i guess you could take that quote both ways and yeah most of those predictions anyone could get but except for the dragoon star(asomeness :) )
  24. Eagle

Eagle Smash Lord

Wouldn't this mean that clones are back if this is true?

Unless they change ness..
  25. Dry Bones

Dry Bones Smash Ace

when he says a character is in the game, he doesnt necessarily mean as a playable character... i can picture wolf or even ness being assist trophies
  26. Regiwi

Regiwi Smash Journeyman

Cool, I'm gonna choose to believe it, after all how could you honestly guess that there's gonna be an item out of a game barely anyone plays that specifically has to be built up out of three parts then attacks by using a crosshair? A bit odd about Ness but still, I think that this rumour could be more trustworthy than most.
  27. TaurToph

TaurToph Smash Journeyman

And the history repeats.

Later on, someone posts inside info and gets flamed to hell. Don't people learn? You made him left gamefaqs, the topic is deleted and we probably will never heard of him again.
    Are you happy? This is all you fault, if ppl hadn't flamed him we could have the entire roster at this point.

This happened in gamefaqs but if the guy had posted here it woulnd't be any different.
  28. IsmaR

IsmaR Still Waiting

• Premium
    3DS FC:
    3179-6068-0031
    NNID:
    Super_Sand_Lezbo
    No one ever officially confirmed Sakurai wouldn't put clones in.

Man, I hope they don't replace my main with some pokemon who had a movie recently :(
  29. Johnknight1

Johnknight1 Smash Legend

3DS FC:
    3540-0575-1486
    NNID:
    Johnknight1
    Seriously, as much as I want Ness back (take half my liver), he's not coming back. You'll have to accept that as as close to fact as you can get.

And this wasn't a farfetch'd update. I actually was wondering about this a long time ago. Big deal, and besides-no one's a prophet. Except my buddy Moses! :chuckle:

In other words...

THIS THREAD FAILS!
  30. Eagle

Eagle Smash Lord

Fox has a secret taunt?

Thats super-special-cool-awesome.

Who else has a secret taunt? :o

Maybe theres 4 taunts, everyone will have a secret taunt.
  31. TaurToph

What? ....
  32. Tobi-

Tobi- Smash Ace

Because it's stupid. Anyone could of made it up, or "predicted" it. In 1 months time we will know everything anyway. It's not our fault we aren;t mindless gullible people that believe everything we read instantly. Guess how many people have tried to make up predictions
  33. TaurToph

Many ppl had, so what?
    Like you're dying if you just say "cool dude, time will tell if it's true"?

Edit:just changed "it is" to "it's"
  34. Chaosblade77

Chaosblade77 Smash Lord

My inside source told me Lupin the 3rd is making a playable cameo in Brawl for Event Match 47!!!

But yeah, you have a point, this one was just either an unbelievably amazing guess, or a leak. The guy deserves credit either way due to the accuracy of the comment.
  35. TaurToph

Cool dude, tell us more.

/\

That's it. Wasn't hard for me, can't be hard to you.
  36. k.k.slider25

k.k.slider25 Smash Rookie

my inside source told me mario might be in.
  37. Tobi-

Tobi- Smash Ace

So..If Many people have predicted various stuff, what makes him so special? that's what. Let's see, for every big date(Halloween/Thanksgiving/Dec 3rd/Corocoro/Dec25th/NewYear/) someone predicted that a character would be revealed 100%. Oh, they didn't have evidence. They just somehow knew.

You can't expect me to believe everything I hear, especially without even proof. If he can predict things such as this, why not use it where it's useful, not on some video game. Yea, we could of maybe had a full roaster right now, Or we can get a 100% full proof Full roaster Jan. 24th, that we know for certain is true, rather then be suspicious.
  38. TaurToph

You don't have to belive in anything you just don't have to say it to someone that's just trying to help.

Just support the dude, your e-***** will not decrease i guarantee.
  39. TwilitWings

TwilitWings Smash Rookie

That's a scarily accurate prediction of the dragoon parts and--to be honest--the dragoon parts are the only real stretch in that whole prediction. I'm inclined to believe it, although the language is vague enough for some of these to be a boss (since"Wolf was in the game" not "Wolf is a playable character"). Ness could be an assist trophy, for all we know--I wouldn't be surprised.

Either way believing or not believing doesn't do anything to the final product, so I don't see why I shouldn't just put minor interest in its words.
  40. Tobi-

Tobi- Smash Ace

When someone predicts something, They are trying to help. Therefore, Everyone is trying to help since they predicted something. I guess that means I should support all of them, correct?

Not. I'm not going to believe any rumor until it actually has SOME proof/evidence/reason. His has absolutely zero besides some guesses. I'd rather wait until Jan. 24th so then it will be for certain everything is 100% correct.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.