• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Prophet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Luigified Ness FTW.

Lucario has the same charging animation.. though thats very small evidence, it is entirely possible.
This is what I don't get...What's the logic in having Ness and a luigified Ness, but replaing a psychic type pokemon COMPLETELY with a fighting type...instead of luigifying them

Agosta44

Smash Ace
I seriously dought Mewtwo will get replaced by Lucario. :mad:And Im pretty sure Ness is gone and replaced with Lucas.
You need to remember your opinion is irrelevant and doesnt matter to sakurai.

---------

Also, why would he make everything up if he didn't even know the info was legit from the beginning? If he said something like "Orange selling man is playable", yeah, I would suspect something, but NOTHING he said is outlandish. The only reason people are argueing against it is because they're angry little children who don't like what they see.

Goopygoo

Smash Ace
Looking for our princess in another castle.
I think the big question is, will these characters be playable?

In the Lucas updates, Sakurai mentions Ness four times.
"Is it possible that he can even surpass Ness?"
"There’s a character named Ness who has appeared in the Smash Bros. series up until now, and Lucas is very similar."
"This is also quite different from Ness’s."
"This move absorbs the energy of projectile and other attacks and uses it to recover Lucas’s damage. It has a wide range of effectiveness, so give it a try when you get the chance."
The first makes it sound that Ness will be in the game. How can a characters from different games surpass another?
The second could imply that Brawl is included in "up until now", or that he means the released Smash games.
The third implies that Ness is in (since clones should be different).
The last quote confirms it. For Sakurai to make a reference as subtle as this, it means he is in for sure.
This is quite possibly the funniest thing I've ever read. However, it does say something. It proves that any theories are pretty much bull until proven true.

phantomphungus

Smash Journeyman
This can't be true! Mewtwo won't get replaced! Especially by Lucario!
Tsk squared. Denial. Obviously we're dealing with a heavy Mewtwo player.

Anyways, he predicted the dragoon thing to pinpoint accuracy, which gives him a lot of credibility. It still dosen't proove he's right or anything, but we should all acknowledge this and maybe revisit this thread once the game comes out to see if he was right.

P.S. Tsk squared (made as a substitute for 'tsk, tsk, tsk,') is MY frase.....................OK, you can use it, but only if you credit me (or my friend who made it up, and who dosen't have an account on this site, either).

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
The guy from Gamefaqs is a good guesser I'll give em that, however, I don't think he's a phophet. I think he just puts alot of Lucky Charms in his pockets that's all.

As for Ness being in Brawl.....I dunno...I'll believe it when I see it. Still, I wouldn't mind seeing the PK brothers both on the roster.

Oh and Lucario baby ftw.

That's a misassumption that a lot of people tend to make. To the contrary, my opinion does matter, because I am never wrong.

Greenpoe

Smash Ace
This is quite possibly the funniest thing I've ever read. However, it does say something. It proves that any theories are pretty much bull until proven true.
Ha ha, thanks. I didn't think anyone would pick up on the sarcastic satirical nature.

The Kirby Kong

Smash Journeyman
Your believing this person without question...that is just plain stupid
Can I ask you something? Are you american?

It's funny really, people are becoming so ignorant, that they don't want to believe anything anymore. Can you picture what's next?

Person 1: What is your favorite color?
Person 2: Green
Person 1: Are you sure about that? Do you have facts? Where is the proof?

Seriously, the internet is the best... AND worst thing that has happened to mankind. :psycho:

Joka

Smash Journeyman
Let's just wait until the game is out. This madness is making everyone snap at eachother.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

It's funny really, people are becoming so ignorant, that they don't want to believe anything anymore. Can you picture what's next?

Seriously, the internet is the best... AND worst thing that has happened to mankind. :psycho:
Believing without question is also ignorant. But if you believe you should mindlessly fallow anyone who reveals only 1 truth...do whatever you feel like

Greenpoe

Smash Ace

^^That was amazing...I'm American, except I follow people/support others because it's fun, as well as play devil's advocate and that kind of thing.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
^^That was amazing...I'm American, except I follow people/support others because it's fun, as well as play devil's advocate and that kind of thing.
Your saying mindlessly fallowing someone else is a good thing instead of actually thinking and finding out the truth for yourself?

Greenpoe

Smash Ace
Your saying mindlessly fallowing someone else is a good thing instead of actually thinking and finding out the truth for yourself?
More like...acting like I'm supporting them when it has no consequences...For example, if somoene wants Pacman in Brawl, I might support them.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
ok well enough with the philosophical pros and cons of leaders and followers.

i dunno if this guy actually knew about the dragoon the rest is probably right... tho he could have JUST learned about the dragoon and then made up some other stuff people are wanting to hear and stuck them togetehr so it looks like he knew alot of stuff...that seems dumb tho.

the games not that far away now so i don't care if this is true or not but i'll keep it in mind.

MirageofMadness

Smash Journeyman
I would say almost all of the stuff predicted is at least somewhat likely anyways, so I can't say I'm that impressed. Admittedly, it is really uncanny that they were able to describe the Dragoon so accurately, but I guess these things can happen by coincidence. Although, that would be one VERY coincidental coincidence :p

dr_awesome

Smash Apprentice

that's absurd. really. do you know who else believed someone without questioning? nazis. Really though, calling someone ignorant because they question too much is just silly. As for your example person 1 is not ignorant just redundant. It's merely a falacy of terms.

Chepe

Smash Lord
The Dragoon thing is impossible to ignore...

Like someone else on GFAQs said: It's impossible to predict that the Dragoon would use crosshairs and could be shot. That didn't even happen in Kirby's Air Ride, the game the Dragoon is from.

This is what seals the deal for me. But, Krystal being in danger of not being playable? Wow...

dr_awesome

Smash Apprentice
The dragoon thing seems so out of place with all of the other information don't you think. For one it's the only item that is mentioned, two it is the only one that goes into any detail the rest is very strait forward. and three it's the only one that people wouldn't have expected to be anounced. Honestly, i think this guy found out about the update in advance (don't ask me how) and tagged it on to some bull ****. Just a theory, but surely worth thinking about.

Santini

Smash Journeyman
Well, he definitely knew about the dragoon item before the update. No one can argue that.

But after that, things get sketchy. He could've only known about that one thing and is just making up the rest, now with some solid credibility. But it's hard to say. We'll have to keep an eye on those other things.

But it is strange on how he had such precise predictions about the very complex dragoon item, yet followed that with short obvious predictions without detail. It's obviously very likely that ganondorf and Capt. Falcon are returning and that Zelda can transform into sheik. It just leads me to believe that he only found out about that one specific update.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
i hope mew2 wasn't really Repalced for Lucario even though i want him in
Lucario wouldn't replace him. I mean REPLACE as in what Lucas did to Ness :urg:
Mewtwo will return, and Lucario should have his own Moveset.
This rumor is just a rumor for now, no matter how scarily right it is so far.

Revven

FrankerZ
Everyone's just been repeating the same thing with every post that "oh, he might have lied about the other stuff just to make that one Dragoon thing stick out!" or "He's fake." or "He's lying 100%". Honestly, can anyone ever read a topic that's 15 pages long? I just read it and everyone that posted said the exact same thing every other post.

Can we just drop the speculation about this guy and wait until he posts some thing more? That's what I like to do. Wait and see what happens because now, we're seeming to get more info as time passes (look back a page for the latest). I'm not saying I believe the guy, oh no, I hope this is right like some others. However, I am saying that we should wait until he posts some thing else of value, if at all.

SolidSonic

Smash Ace
This doesn't seem to be good "news" for Krystal... Wolf being "confirmed" by this guy but not her..

Of course there could just be a lot of characters. :)

Stiputation

Smash Journeyman
Well, he definitely knew about the dragoon item before the update. No one can argue that.

But after that, things get sketchy. He could've only known about that one thing and is just making up the rest, now with some solid credibility. But it's hard to say. We'll have to keep an eye on those other things.

But it is strange on how he had such precise predictions about the very complex dragoon item, yet followed that with short obvious predictions without detail. It's obviously very likely that ganondorf and Capt. Falcon are returning and that Zelda can transform into sheik. It just leads me to believe that he only found out about that one specific update.
This is key. He could have only known about the Dragoon returning and made up everything else. Not to mention he says everything MAY be a rumor to try to cover it up if he was wrong.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
This doesn't seem to be good "news" for Krystal... Wolf being "confirmed" by this guy but not her..

Of course there could just be a lot of characters. :)
Well Krystal was already confirmed by her VA in some way...
This doesn't PROVE Wolf is in, though he would be cool along with Krystal :)

kimchii xD

Smash Cadet
I'm having a hard time believing Ness and Wolf. But the fact that he mentioned the Dragoon, i dont know...

Agosta44

Smash Ace
I'm having a hard time believing Ness and Wolf. But the fact that he mentioned the Dragoon, i dont know...

1. It says Wolf is in. He didn't say playable. He's probably a boss. PLEASE deny this. You'll look like a fool.

2. There's no reason for Ness to be removed. AT ALL.

I think this is legit because of the Dragoon info. The most unreasonable part of the information he gave us has been proven legit. Why wouldn't any else of it be?

"But he added all that other stuff on!"

Um, why would he do that? There's no reason to.

Tiamat475

Smash Journeyman
I'm not expecting Ness to be back unless that supposed article about "All the original characters are returning" is true. Hard to believe this...

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
1. It says Wolf is in. He didn't say playable. He's probably a boss. PLEASE deny this. You'll look like a fool.

2. There's no reason for Ness to be removed. AT ALL.

I think this is legit because of the Dragoon info. The most unreasonable part of the information he gave us has been proven legit. Why wouldn't any else of it be?

"But he added all that other stuff on!"

Um, why would he do that? There's no reason to.
Why do you trust this person who has only said 1 truthful thing ever that anyone has ever known about?

Do you want it to be true and that's the only reason your defending it?

LeuMasT

Smash Apprentice
I'll say it again, it's this simple. We can't know anything for certain regarding this guy other than he got something right. How much anyone here believes any characters will be in or not DOESN'T change how right or wrong he is.

Agosta44

Smash Ace
Why do you trust this person who has only said 1 truthful thing ever that anyone has ever known about?

Do you want it to be true and that's the only reason your defending it?

I trust him because the most bull**** thing in what he posted was the dragoon, and you know that for a fact.

wolf- he said he was in, he didn't say playable. Most likely a SSE boss.
Falco- No surprise
Ganondorf- No surprise
C. Falcon- No surprise
Lucario replacing Mewtwo- the guy was very vague, as he said, so we don't know exactly what this means
Ness- People interpret things differently, just because a few says he's not coming back, doesn't mean he's not
Sheik- another no ****. If she wasn't, don't you think they would've debunked her a LONG time ago, instead of avoiding her special moves, final smash, etc?

Be skeptical all you want, I believe it. It's the best leek we've gotten, and it isn't very farfetch'd. You don't like it? Talk to the Stafy fans.

Croco

Smash Lord
everything this person said I am happy with.. nothing disappoints me.. so even if he is wrong with anything I don't care.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom