• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project Volnutt - Currently seeking animators!

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
Wow sorry guys, we lost power up here in NH from a huge storm. Gotta make the BN costume still. How goes the project? I saw a vid by Fortwaffles that we can add bones? We imported knuckles and it works over pikachu.

digiholic

Smash Ace
NNID
digiholic
Digi, am I supposed to animate now? Last time I checked the scaled model, it had Megaman's limbs push inward to his body, was that fixed?
What do you mean about the limbs? I have no problems with it. Either way, I'm not sure which version of the model you have, so I'll PM you the new mdl0.

Beren Zaiga

Smash Ace
I have a question about his arms. What the blue screen of death are those things on his arms in the OP picture?

digiholic

Smash Ace
NNID
digiholic
I have a question about his arms. What the blue screen of death are those things on his arms in the OP picture?
They're the bases for his Shield Arm. Unlike the Drill Arm, I can't remove them with animations, I'd need to polygon delete them.

Hey digiholic, can volnutt be grabbed and thrown without glitching across the screen?
Y'know, I'm not quite sure... I'll test that and get back to you. I do know that grabbing an edge sends him across the screen, though, so the outlook is grim.

How's animation progressing?
Got a few animations done, but there hasn't really been much progress for the past few days. I assume that the rest of the team, like myself, have been wrapped up in a certain double-digit sequel of a certain series a certain Brawl model hack project came from... >_>

JoeGrandma

Smash Journeyman
They're the bases for his Shield Arm. Unlike the Drill Arm, I can't remove them with animations, I'd need to polygon delete them.

Y'know, I'm not quite sure... I'll test that and get back to you. I do know that grabbing an edge sends him across the screen, though, so the outlook is grim.

Got a few animations done, but there hasn't really been much progress for the past few days. I assume that the rest of the team, like myself, have been wrapped up in a certain double-digit sequel of a certain series a certain Brawl model hack project came from... >_>
Maybe, in his animations, you can scale down the Shield Arm to 0 and scale it back to 1 for animations using the arm, but keep it at 0 for all other animations. That way, you don't completely get rid of it and you can still use it, but you don't always have to use it.

Does anyone know how to fix the thrown problem at all?

digiholic

Smash Ace
NNID
digiholic
Maybe, in his animations, you can scale down the Shield Arm to 0 and scale it back to 1 for animations using the arm, but keep it at 0 for all other animations. That way, you don't completely get rid of it and you can still use it, but you don't always have to use it.
That's the point. I can scale down the drill arms, but the shield arm doesn't have a bone attached to it, so I can't scale it. The only way to get rid of it is to delete it.

Fen__

Smash Ace
Oh wow. I didn't even realize it was out yet. Brb destroying my GPA.

Manko91

Smash Cadet
Hi digiholic, I'm asking how did you fix the stretched polygons cause i'm working on nel and nothing seem to fix that

Fen__

Smash Ace
Hi digiholic, I'm asking how did you fix the stretched polygons cause i'm working on nel and nothing seem to fix that
If I remember right, he just hexed/resized the model over and it wasn't stretched the second time. It was discussed somewhere in the thread.

Razanak7

Smash Ace
Y'know, if you want him to change weapons, why not replace Zelda or Pokemon Trainer? That would save a lot of headaches from trying to program in the weapon swaps. This way, tap down B to change weapons, and it can even affect his other moves.

Of course, it would require making more than one character, but considering the other one (or two) is just copypasta of the first one, it shouldn't be much trouble.

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
It would also cause a lot of delay when changing weapons because the game has to load a new character. No thank you.

digiholic

Smash Ace
NNID
digiholic
Y'know, if you want him to change weapons, why not replace Zelda or Pokemon Trainer? That would save a lot of headaches from trying to program in the weapon swaps. This way, tap down B to change weapons, and it can even affect his other moves.

Of course, it would require making more than one character, but considering the other one (or two) is just copypasta of the first one, it shouldn't be much trouble.
That seems incredibly excessive to do something a few article calls and six if statements could handle. Also, Volnutt doesn't work over Shiek or Pokemon Trainer.

Kei_Takaro

Smash Lord
Oh, I found out why the scaled one has its limbs pushed inward.
I was still using the animation file when it was unscaled.

digiholic

Smash Ace
NNID
digiholic
Oh, I found out why the scaled one has its limbs pushed inward.
I was still using the animation file when it was unscaled.
Yep, that explains it. If you want to use old animations, you'll need to copy over the rotations from the old one into the new one and it'll work fine, it's only the translations that mess it up.

Kei_Takaro

Smash Lord
Oh about the animations, did you fix it? I think I heard some posts back that you did.
Don't worry if you didn't though, I can take a shot at it myself

highfive

Smash Lord
>.>

Good luck with midterms.

And Volnutt better be broken like MK or I may just have to main Amy Rose when she's completed.

Fen__

Smash Ace
@digiholic: This guy successfully replaced Toad, so maybe you can get your servbot working with the same method (if that's what you're doing).

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
Up-B(Shield arm) - To be honest, I have no idea what I can do here.

Hm... Can the shield disconnect from the arm?

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
Up-B(Shield arm) - To be honest, I have no idea what I can do here.

Hm... Can the shield disconnect from the arm?
that should be esy enough, how about he rides the shield like a hover board? :3

actually, no, thats a good idea!

Fen__

Smash Ace
that should be esy enough, how about he rides the shield like a hover board? :3

actually, no, thats a good idea!
That doesn't make any sense. At all.

Maybe he should just get a vertical air dash. It wasn't in Legends, but at least we're maintaining something from within the series at that point, versus making up things that weren't in Legends or anywhere else in a Mega Man game.

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
That doesn't make any sense. At all.

Maybe he should just get a vertical air dash. It wasn't in Legends, but at least we're maintaining something from within the series at that point, versus making up things that weren't in Legends or anywhere else in a Mega Man game.
EXACTLY!

Idk it was a hard one to think about. But yeah I guess we can do that to.

BassForever

Smash Rookie
I have a suggestion for Shield Arm up+B, if someone else has already suggested this forgive me I didn't read all 19 pages ;_;

Why not have his up-B be some type of glide move? Mega Man could hold the shield above his head slowing his descent, allowing for great horizontal recovery but no vertical. Something along the lines of Peaches up-B only without the jumping part.

KyuubiDemon1

Smash Apprentice
the walk is kinda uggy and some things i figured out
his down b freezes brawl
but i get it done along with naruto we

Top Bottom