• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project Volnutt - Currently seeking animators!

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
Finished a recolor, going to do recolors based on these pallettes btw, minus the silver rob.

By the way digi, do keep the "test" animation (your avatar) as either a taunt or a winpose, its cool haha. I'm probably gonna use that for the CSPs and Icon.

digiholic

Smash Ace
NNID
digiholic
By the way digi, do keep the "test" animation (your avatar) as either a taunt or a winpose, its cool haha. I'm probably gonna use that for the CSPs and Icon.
I plan on making it a victory pose. It's based off of his Tatsunoko Vs Capcom official art.

Also, that smirk is an animation, not a retexture. That's right, he has a smirk animation.

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
Is it really? LOL. I finished a second recolor btw. Goin to make a green-camo one now.

Kei_Takaro

Smash Lord
Is it really? LOL. I finished a second recolor btw. Goin to make a green-camo one now.
I have a personal request though, could you make a Battle Network-ish texture for Volnutt?
:3 Pleasepleasepleaseplease <3

We just assume he doesn't use the helmet this time XD

EDIT: Wierdly enough, Volnutt looks PERFECT for Astroboy seriously lol (just saying, don't need a texture of it lol)

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
I have a personal request though, could you make a Battle Network-ish texture for Volnutt?

It'd look out of place, but awesome. Doitdoitdoit.

Beren Zaiga

Smash Ace
Its sounds to me that you are mainly pulling this from Tatsunoko vs. Capcom.

Might I Recommend doing something far more original?

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord

EDIT: Wierdly enough, Volnutt looks PERFECT for Astroboy seriously lol (just saying, don't need a texture of it lol)
Sure, I can give it a go. I tried making a
Zero recolor and it turned out pretty good, except I cant find the "knee" texture (that square thing on his lover leg).
I also finished a
Gold and Silver Volnutt, which would correspond to Gold ROB.

And Astroboy...

:3

You mean attacks? Or recolors..?

EDIT: Oh by the way, see this vid's pokemon trainer glitch when he says "I should fix that lol", something that looks like that animation wise can be those jet shoes you get in 64/legends. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyvWCMZ4s60&NR=1

Kei_Takaro

Smash Lord
EDIT: Oh by the way, see this vid's pokemon trainer glitch when he says "I should fix that lol", something that looks like that animation wise can be those jet shoes you get in 64/legends. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyvWCMZ4s60&NR=1
I was kinda thinking of Lan Hikari's skating animation so it looks more humanly and appealing (for me IMO)

lol Astroboi :3 I think simple recolors of parts already make him Astroboi XD

digiholic

Smash Ace
NNID
digiholic
I've updated the animation milestones list on the front page, since that's currently the biggest job and people would like to see the progress, rather than just having it all at once (also I like saying MILESTONE REACHED!)

Oh, and I added Oni to the team as a texturer, is that okay with you?

ToolShock

Smash Rookie
I took the purple and green textures from Tatsunoko vs Capcom and replaced your final model's textures with them.

Want me to pm you the download link?

Beren Zaiga

Smash Ace
Why don't you do something more original?
Cause I don't have the equipment or knowledge to, otherwise I would.

I mean, why not give Volnutt something like his Power Buster, or the Blade Arm if possible? Granted, Volnutt's model in TvsC doesn't have it, but why not remove his hand during the animation and then add a damaging light beam?

Also note I wasn't speaking in a rude manner. Unlike someone in this thread.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Cause I don't have the equipment or knowledge to, otherwise I would.

I mean, why not give Volnutt something like his Power Buster, or the Blade Arm if possible? Granted, Volnutt's model in TvsC doesn't have it, but why not remove his hand during the animation and then add a damaging light beam?

Screw off and do it yourself or shut up and remain non-existent if you don't have anything worthwhile to contribute. You're not helping any by complaining about what they've chosen to to.

Edit: 666...How fitting.

Fen__

Smash Ace
Screw off and do it yourself or shut up and remain non-existent if you don't have anything worthwhile to contribute. You're not helping any by complaining about what they've chosen to to.

He's free to submit criticism and suggestions as much as he wants, regardless of what you say. You have no right to tell anyone else what to do.

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
Sure thats ok with me Digi. Nice recolors there ToolShock (was about to just call you tool but then realized... meh y'know... lol). Now I dont have to do a green one. im making pretty good progress with these though, cant wait to actually try em out in game with a moveset.

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite

Why don't you do something more original?

Stay on topic. Project threads are for constructive criticism and for help/feedback to aid the project itself.

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
Ok so now we need...

(From left to right)

[v] Red

[] White

[v] Gold

[v] Purple

[ ] Darker Blue (Maybe a completely different scheme? Hes already dark blue...)

[v] Green

Wow only 2 more to go! I guess I'll get started on another one!

Senjen

Smash Apprentice
i just can't see megaman without his helmet ... oh well good luck on this project as a color suggestion possibly make a red version?

Mka

Smash Rookie
Yeah model his helmet!! Also I too recommend using the secret weapons from Megaman Legends like the Laser and Z saber it would be sweet!

Also I would love to help animating but I'm gonna need a link to a tutorial that shows what programs I need to use. I've checked around the forums but it's hard to find anything here. I won't be able to do anything hex or code related though, just the cosmetics of the animations.

digiholic

Smash Ace
NNID
digiholic
Keep in mind, I have very little to work with here. I can't add in a Z saber or a helmet because, simply, they don't exist in his model. Also, remember that this is not Mega Man, it's MegaMan Volnutt, who, for the most part did not wear a helmet. (You can get one late in the game, but IIRC, he only wears it on Digs, not in the overworld)

Oh, and Beren Zaiga, you can post whatever you want here, but I would like suggestions, more than empty complaints. I'd gladly make him more original, but my hands are tied here.

That being said, I have progress to report. I've sent the mdl0 off to KyuubiDemon1, who says he can fix the movement. Once that's finished, I'll start working on things like the shielding problem and item grabbing, and other bone-related problems.

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
Sure TS works haha. Meh I guess we can use the Dark Blue there for now. Until we get more ideas. Or we could replace that with the BN costume I'm supposed to be working on... :p Today Ive been doing what must be at least my 11th playthrough of Ocarina of Time... got to Jabu Jabu's Tum-tum :3

Sora Master2.0

Smash Journeyman
Here is his darker texture from Tatsunoko vs Capcom
PIC
I don't know if you guys want to use it or not.

lol. How about TS? :p
2 things.

How come that model doesn't look that good?
And #2, if someone can teach me animating, I think I would like to do it. I used to sprite animate, probbably way diffrent than any of this but I'd still like to help. PM ME. Plz kthnkx.

Mka

Smash Rookie
Keep in mind, I have very little to work with here. I can't add in a Z saber or a helmet because, simply, they don't exist in his model. Also, remember that this is not Mega Man, it's MegaMan Volnutt, who, for the most part did not wear a helmet. (You can get one late in the game, but IIRC, he only wears it on Digs, not in the overworld)

Oh, and Beren Zaiga, you can post whatever you want here, but I would like suggestions, more than empty complaints. I'd gladly make him more original, but my hands are tied here.

That being said, I have progress to report. I've sent the mdl0 off to KyuubiDemon1, who says he can fix the movement. Once that's finished, I'll start working on things like the shielding problem and item grabbing, and other bone-related problems.
Sorry I was overestimating the amount you could change in Brawl. Makes sense now, you can't just build a helmet out of thin air, you can only animate the MDL right?

Also I would like to further state that if someone shows me how to work whatever program you guys use to animate the models I'll not only be an asset to this project but possibly others in the future.

It's not even that I want credit I just want to see this done and in game so I can play him :D I am a traditional animator, sprite animator and I can animate using 3Ds max so PM me if you are interested.

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
Judging by the infraction I got for that post, you're probably referring to me, right? XD

On topic, it looks like things are starting to speed up. I'm getting a little excited.

Kei_Takaro

Smash Lord
Digi, am I supposed to animate now? Last time I checked the scaled model, it had Megaman's limbs push inward to his body, was that fixed?

diosensakiara

Smash Apprentice
changed the bone index of a bone with properties of a TransN bone to the bone index of the transN bone. So MetaKnights TransN bone had an index of 2. And the bone I wanted had an index of 6. I changed it to 2 and renamed the bone to TransN. I also did the same thing for the TopN bone, Xrot, Yrot, and ThrowN.

Credit goes to SqLeon for finding how to make them walk! @Digiholic

Also Digiholic i would love to join the team by providing it with ideas im not that good at PSA hacking or animating but i CAN give you ideas. =)

digiholic

Smash Ace
NNID
digiholic
changed the bone index of a bone with properties of a TransN bone to the bone index of the transN bone. So MetaKnights TransN bone had an index of 2. And the bone I wanted had an index of 6. I changed it to 2 and renamed the bone to TransN. I also did the same thing for the TopN bone, Xrot, Yrot, and ThrowN.

Credit goes to SqLeon for finding how to make them walk! @Digiholic

Also Digiholic i would love to join the team by providing it with ideas im not that good at PSA hacking or animating but i CAN give you ideas. =)
Maybe it's the TopN, Xrot, Yrot, and ThrowN bones that are the problem. I already changed the TransN. I'll try to fix this later.

EDIT: Okay, so, which bones need to be changed? What do the rot and throw bones need to be? What exactly is their function?

Fen__

Smash Ace
Maybe it's the TopN, Xrot, Yrot, and ThrowN bones that are the problem. I already changed the TransN. I'll try to fix this later.

EDIT: Okay, so, which bones need to be changed? What do the rot and throw bones need to be? What exactly is their function?
Did you already try the TopN, Xrot, Yrot, and ThrowN (together with TransN being changed) as suggested?

Top Bottom