• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project Mewtwo- Mewtwo v1.00 - WHOA VERSION JUMP. Moveset complete! Touch-ups begin!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dessert fox5

Smash Cadet
i'm not a part of this project, but i think that replacing lucario is for the time being because all the other options are not possible (yet)
once they are able to import any type of model into brawl, they would most likely put it over a worthless character, and then when the clone engine comes out they will not need to replace any1 :)
this might not be true, but its what i think they will do
They are able to switch around brawl models.

Replacing another brawler with lucario, if I'm right, would only be affected by the count of bones, and, depending on the character, swordglow. They've been replacing Pokemon and assist trophies over alloys and characters like Olimar.

I'm also sure I've seen some other models replaced in this thread as well.

XmewtwoX

Smash Rookie
They are able to switch around brawl models.

Replacing another brawler with lucario, if I'm right, would only be affected by the count of bones, and, depending on the character, swordglow. They've been replacing Pokemon and assist trophies over alloys and characters like Olimar.

I'm also sure I've seen some other models replaced in this thread as well.
oh ok my bad i didnt know :p

Kinkedo56

Smash Cadet
Once model importation comes out, wouldn't it be better to use the Pokemon Battle Revolution one instead? I mean Melee's Mewtwo is made more for Melee and if you look closely at his legs on Melee you can see that theres a "knee cap" and he can flex it. But in the movie and in all the other games he can't "flex" his legs because it's completely straight. Besides Battle Revolutions model probably looks better anyways. Probably more polys

Oshtoby

Smash Apprentice
Burholme, Philadelphia, PA, USA, North America, Ea
Once model importation comes out, wouldn't it be better to use the Pokemon Battle Revolution one instead? I mean Melee's Mewtwo is made more for Melee and if you look closely at his legs on Melee you can see that theres a "knee cap" and he can flex it. But in the movie and in all the other games he can't "flex" his legs because it's completely straight. Besides Battle Revolutions model probably looks better anyways. Probably more polys
They both have about the same amount of polys, but the PBR one has WAY worse textures. As in, everything is solid colors.

Secretchaos1

Smash Apprentice
Hey, I know you guys have been working on this for a long, long time and have put a lot of work into it... but why in the world would you start this project with the intention of overwriting Lucario?

I gotta admit I don't know anything about what's possible and impossible when it comes to model hacking, but if what I read on this very page is true, you ought to be able to import Mewtwo's melee model OR add bones to his Brawl trophy... so please, why not consider overwriting an actual worthless character instead of a totally valid one?
Because Lucario was essentially the replacement for Mewtwo Imo, it was the most likely choice to replace him and I still think it's the best choice since the two play similarly enough for it not to remove a completely different character.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
Because Lucario was essentially the replacement for Mewtwo Imo, it was the most likely choice to replace him and I still think it's the best choice since the two play similarly enough for it not to remove a completely different character.
lucrio plays nothing like mewtwo did. the only similarity is neutral b, and thats actually pretty different. yes, lucario was a replacement for mewtwo, but they certainly don't play the same. not by a long shot.

doublek642

Smash Apprentice
lucrio plays nothing like mewtwo did. the only similarity is neutral b, and thats actually pretty different. yes, lucario was a replacement for mewtwo, but they certainly don't play the same. not by a long shot.
I agree. I wish they would replace olimar or something so I could play a little mewtwo vs lucario.:laugh:

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
You can't just simply replace a character you don't like. You have to take into consideration not only the bone limits, but also file size limits and, perhaps more importantly for THIS project, the articles avaible. At the moment, we cannot swap or add new articles. Only change the model. TECHNICALLY, you can write a hex edit to change the behavior of the article in question, but who is going to take the time to replicate Shadow Ball by editing a Pikmin?

pokelover980

Smash Ace
You can't just simply replace a character you don't like. You have to take into consideration not only the bone limits, but also file size limits and, perhaps more importantly for THIS project, the articles avaible. At the moment, we cannot swap or add new articles. Only change the model. TECHNICALLY, you can write a hex edit to change the behavior of the article in question, but who is going to take the time to replicate Shadow Ball by editing a Pikmin?
This. I'm pretty sure that Lucario was used because he seemed the easiest to replicate Mewtwo's moves with.

Also, why does everyone want to replace Olimar? I know he's the easiest to replace models on, but people act as if he's useless. Olimar used to be my main (still is kinda :U), he's pretty good.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Also, why does everyone want to replace Olimar? I know he's the easiest to replace models on, but people act as if he's useless. Olimar used to be my main (still is kinda :U), he's pretty good.
Given that his gameplay is extremely polarizing, many people dislike him a lot. (Myself included <.<)

pokelover980

Smash Ace
Given that his gameplay is extremely polarizing, many people dislike him a lot. (Myself included <.<)
But I love Olimar D:

You just need to learn how to play as him, and then it actually becomes really simple from there. Of course, I can see why people hate facing him, but it's really easy to counter him as well (all you really need to do is hit him once or twice and then you've got him stuck near you, he isn't escaping).

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
or get him off the side....

either way, once we get a mewtwo model that we can import the only real matter that we need to look at is who we want it to cover. we can stick with lucario for less work, or we can use another character and have to hex the **** out of them. personally, i'm fine with sticking with lucario, if only to get this thing working faster.

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
Plus, if/when a clone engine gets made, the matter of who it goes over will become irrelevant...

Which is why I think that Mewtwo should stay over Lucario for now.

Shadowbolt

Smash Ace
Keep him over whoever he's on right now - it won't matter eventually.

So what's the progress with keeping Mewtwo *looking* like Mewtwo? Self-deception can only go so far, know what I mean?

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Woo!

So I'm waiting on the brawl hacking tools to be a lot less frustrating.
And if/when Model importing becomes available, I'll personally either reshape Mewtwo's trophy into a workable TPose or I'll just build one myself from scratching in ZBrush&Maya.

I'll have to get 3DS at some later date so I can give the current method of Vertex hacking another swing, but right now there is no model for Mewtwo in a compatible Brawl format.

And it doesn't matter what model we use for anything. All we need to do is make it match up with the bone structure before we skin the bones with it. After that its just making sure everything was made correctly so nothing goes bonkers during an animation.

And whats the most recent one? I'll update the OP. xD

-DD

Gennie

Smash Apprentice
So I'm waiting on the brawl hacking tools to be a lot less frustrating.
And if/when Model importing becomes available, I'll personally either reshape Mewtwo's trophy into a workable TPose or I'll just build one myself from scratching in ZBrush&Maya
But if model importing takes too long or something, isn't it better to add bones to the Mewtwo trophy via the Fortwaffles method? or cant that be done?

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
But if model importing takes too long or something, isn't it better to add bones to the Mewtwo trophy via the Fortwaffles method? or cant that be done?
I suppose it is possible to add the bones to the trophy, but the rocks would probably stay floating there...and it wouldn't have a proper TPose.

On the other hand, importing and vertex hacking Mew's model and changing it to make a Mewtwo is definitely a good option, but I would think Mew has significantly less polygons to work with than what would be ideal.
-DD

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
The problem with the bone adder is...well, all it does is add bones. These bones do not have polygons attached to them. Thus, even if you added enough bones to a trophy, you still wouldn't be able to animate it.

Though if it was a round object without limbs, it probably wouldn't matter.

mullet2013

Smash Rookie
o ya add reflect for down b i guess just make it like wolfs but in a square shape. also for his final smash make it like links but instead of slashing make him move his fingers and the opponent get all transparent.

Shadowbolt

Smash Ace
The problem with the bone adder is...well, all it does is add bones. These bones do not have polygons attached to them. Thus, even if you added enough bones to a trophy, you still wouldn't be able to animate it.
So... what exactly would that look like? Are the arms separate from the rest of his body or something?

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
So... what exactly would that look like? Are the arms separate from the rest of his body or something?
If you added a bunch of bones to a trophy, the bones wouldnt be able to control things like arms and legs. It would just be in tpose the whole time because the new bones wouldnt be attached to anything.

Also I can't find the latest motionEtc could you link it to me?

pokelover980

Smash Ace
If you added a bunch of bones to a trophy, the bones wouldnt be able to control things like arms and legs. It would just be in tpose the whole time because the new bones wouldnt be attached to anything.

Also I can't find the latest motionEtc could you link it to me?
Well, the official MotionEtc should be in the first post somewhere, but if you want mine it's here.

And don't worry, I'm still working on animations. I'm gonna start over on animations since the new versions of BrawlBox have interpolation stuff to fix the glitch in his running where he stops every few seconds.

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
Well, the official MotionEtc should be in the first post somewhere, but if you want mine it's here.

And don't worry, I'm still working on animations. I'm gonna start over on animations since the new versions of BrawlBox have interpolation stuff to fix the glitch in his running where he stops every few seconds.
Wheres his Nair and SpecialNhold where he raises it on top of his head? Can I make some animations?

hero1771

Smash Journeyman
Hey, I know you guys have been working on this for a long, long time and have put a lot of work into it... but why in the world would you start this project with the intention of overwriting Lucario?

I gotta admit I don't know anything about what's possible and impossible when it comes to model hacking, but if what I read on this very page is true, you ought to be able to import Mewtwo's melee model OR add bones to his Brawl trophy... so please, why not consider overwriting an actual worthless character instead of a totally valid one?
you ****... lucario kicks ***...

good thing i have one sd card for textures and another for psa and stage hacks

oh and Btw:
Model importing impossible? naw.

one last thing. are you aware of this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIBh-0dDyV8

agroves

Smash Apprentice
Bridge of Don, Aberdeen, Scotland, Europe, Earth
you ****... lucario kicks ***...

good thing i have one sd card for textures and another for psa and stage hacks

oh and Btw:
Model importing impossible? naw.

one last thing. are you aware of this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIBh-0dDyV8
did you make that metal sonic or did someone else because it looks amazing. Congrats to whoever done that.

pokelover980

Smash Ace
Wheres his Nair and SpecialNhold where he raises it on top of his head? Can I make some animations?
Haven't done those yet. And like DD said, anyone can work on animations. The more people, the better, because the quicker it gets done XD

Fen__

Smash Ace
So basically, you *can't* attach bones to a trophy at all?
You can, but it won't do you any good unless you want a T-stance model. For the record, though, the reason they're T-posed isn't related to the added bones not being attached to anything, but the lack of rigging on the bones that are already there (I think).

hero1771

Smash Journeyman
ur model looks a lot like the model in the page number... er... 20-ish. did u use it?

quote:
"did you make that metal sonic or did someone else because it looks amazing. Congrats to whoever done that."

nope not me. im trying to take palkia and make him playable, so far with limited sucess.
the credit goes to mastaklo, from ESH (elitesmashhackers.wordpress.com)

mullet2013

Smash Rookie
make mewtwo's down special reflect so its basically wolfs down special but in a square shape. also so he can do peaches float thing in mid air. also for the final smash make it like links but like mewtwo moves his fingers around and the dude looks like a heroin trip or something then goes flying.

AceSe3don

Smash Ace
Lucario will NEVER look like Mewtwo.. Too bad Melee doesn't have the same file format as Brawl..
*sigh*
I miss Mewtwo..
Anyways, here's something that Mewtwo needs:
Mewtwo without Spikes
This was done by someone on Stacksmash, enjoy it and give credit to them, not me.
Farewell and good luck with this hack, I'm looking forward to it.

AceSe3don

Smash Ace
I got an awesome idea for this project.
You know this AirNeutral attack with lots of electricity and stuff? I modified it. to make a big bubble of darkness appear in front of you, attacks the opponent a LOT and most likely kills him, it's not broken cause it's easy to escape from, it also does the same thing Nair does but with more damage and knockback, here it is, you are free to modify it to match this character.

This File

Download this .Pac file, and copy what's in Action 116 (NOT SUBACTION) to Action 116 in your .Pac file, also copy the Main Events and Graphic Events in SubAction 1E9 to yours.
Finally, test your Final Smash, Should work like a charm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom