• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project Mewtwo- Mewtwo v1.00 - WHOA VERSION JUMP. Moveset complete! Touch-ups begin!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marthmaster800

Smash Apprentice
:p It'd really amaze me if someone found a way to make a Mewtwo without replacing Lucario before the end of august.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
I'm going to make my own portraits once I can import a model.
The old Mewtwo portraits are boring. I want action!
-DD

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Lolol. Guys, I'm gonna be doing screenshot alterations for the portraits.
Its the only way it will look good.
-DD

CorteX

Smash Cadet
there are no current methods to import models from scratch, he wasnt being a ****.
vile is currently working on it, check out his thread in the smash workshop general section :chuckle:
if it was possible, it would have been done already. the rest of the model "imports" that look entirely different exist because the models have been ripped from other games and share the same model format brawl uses. vertex hacking is ok I guess, but it wont work for mewtwo.

hero1771

Smash Journeyman
that i know. vertex hacking is tuff...
i tried to vertex hack marths hair, but i failed. i tried adding bones, but it fails same, since you can't move polygons

InTrepidCognito

Smash Ace
why so paranoid?
what kind of a world do we live in that ppl don't want to help each other? :confused:
Oops, I forgot explaining what's currently possible is being 'paranoid.' Silly me.

No one can really help anyone do something that no one can do. We'd have to fix up Mewtwo in 3DS and convert it to a MDL0, which is impossible until BrawlBox is updated to do this.

However, someone COULD get a Mewtwo model ready until that's possible.

Photos

Smash Journeyman
hmm, would there be any way to find the values and models (aka all files needed) in melee, and then transfer them to an SD card so that any time certain pre-specified files (and codes) occured t would be replaced by certain files specified on the sd card? well, actually, just when certain codes are used just replace them with other codes that would use a certain directory that led to the Mewtwo files on the SD card? or is that not possible yet?
ps(if that was a complete noob question, sry)
pss(or is there any way to even access the mewtwo files on melee?)

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Hehe..let's say that Mewtwo's pissed and that he took the road to Super Smash Bros. Brawl (5000 miles), at super speed. When is he going to be there?

Who knows, but I guarantee you that it's gonna be soon.

Photos

Smash Journeyman
Hehe..let's say that Mewtwo's pissed and that he took the road to Super Smash Bros. Brawl (5000 miles), at super speed. When is he going to be there?

Who knows, but I guarantee you that it's gonna be soon.
ohhhh, right. Giggity.
yeah, i really like the sound of that.

JediKnightTemplar

Smash Lord
Well, RandomTBush compiled the source code for what Kryal finished for BrawlBox v.64, which I can confirm is capable of exporting .dae. Also, RandomTBush I believe confirmed that they will open fine in the trial version for Maya 2011. I have yet to confirm this, but I wouldn't doubt it. From there, editing Lucario to Mewtwo will become much easier than it is now. Then we'll just have to wait for dae to mdl0.

hero1771

Smash Journeyman
Well, RandomTBush compiled the source code for what Kryal finished for BrawlBox v.64, which I can confirm is capable of exporting .dae. Also, RandomTBush I believe confirmed that they will open fine in the trial version for Maya 2011. I have yet to confirm this, but I wouldn't doubt it. From there, editing Lucario to Mewtwo will become much easier than it is now. Then we'll just have to wait for dae to mdl0.
so basically, what you are telling me, is that mewtwo will be coming 2011??

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
"so basically, what you are telling me, is that mewtwo will be coming 2011??"

Maybe even sooner than that..

Ho ho ho..I'm such an evil boy..

*starts running away while shouting 95% for no explained reason many times*

D1337

Smash Apprentice
Hurry up already! Not to rush but im SSSOOOO excited about this! Mew2 Back in SMASH!
The funny thing is I hated Mew2 back when Melee was new then I played as Lucario and was like "Wheres Mewtwo!?!?" Then I dusted of the old Melee and started practicing with him. to quench my thirst for Mew2 in brawl! I(we) need him in brawl!

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Alright, everyone's orgasming at the moment, right? You want a release, right? Well, I need one thing. It's related to the PSA. If anyone could make it so two graphic effects show on certain animations (Just a few), I'll release it. It's really the last thing I need, and apparently it's not hard. I've asked many people to do it, but either they can't because they're busy or away somewhere, or they don't do PSA. I myself tried but it resulted in a fail. If anyone's up to the challenge (Not really), please tell me here.

Here's the link to the PSA with my two head models.

http://rapidshare.com/files/37909135...cario.pac.html

Basically, I want the head models to go on animations which has Lucario with eyes half-closed, closed, or hurt. Since I deleted those polygons, when they try to show up in-game, they lag. It was either that, or Mewtwo with normal ears on some animations. So..yeah, for an example, when Lucario trips, his eyes close, but since the polygon of Lucario's ears that go with the polygon with Lucario's closed eyes is deleted, that polygon doesn't show up, so it lags for a slight second. So, a graphic effect should be called so the main head model shows up, along with the closed eyes one.

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Could modifying the .vis0 files maybe prevent his head from changing?
There has to be something that regulates this.
I have no idea, but that would help if you had any idea of how to do it. Basically, I just wanted the deleted heads to be replaced with either the normal one, or the normal one with the eyes closed.

ds22

Smash Lord
Couldn't that be done in a hex editor (making sure though that the polygons have the same size)?
EDIT: Scrap that idea.
I'll try to edit the .vis0 files and see what happens.
EDIT2: SUCCESS!
The .vis0 files indeed manage the head switching.
EDIT3: Here is the edited FitMotionEtc.pac (from the latest mewtwo PSA):
http://www.mediafire.com/?n2im5izwgmh
Now his head will always have the same ears. :)
EDIT4: I forgot to edit 2 animations.
Here is the fixed version:
http://www.mediafire.com/?mtmnyyymz1z

Photos

Smash Journeyman
Alright, everyone's orgasming at the moment, right? You want a release, right? Well, I need one thing. It's related to the PSA. If anyone could make it so two graphic effects show on certain animations (Just a few), I'll release it. It's really the last thing I need, and apparently it's not hard. I've asked many people to do it, but either they can't because they're busy or away somewhere, or they don't do PSA. I myself tried but it resulted in a fail. If anyone's up to the challenge (Not really), please tell me here.

Here's the link to the PSA with my two head models.

http://rapidshare.com/files/37909135...cario.pac.html

Basically, I want the head models to go on animations which has Lucario with eyes half-closed, closed, or hurt. Since I deleted those polygons, when they try to show up in-game, they lag. It was either that, or Mewtwo with normal ears on some animations. So..yeah, for an example, when Lucario trips, his eyes close, but since the polygon of Lucario's ears that go with the polygon with Lucario's closed eyes is deleted, that polygon doesn't show up, so it lags for a slight second. So, a graphic effect should be called so the main head model shows up, along with the closed eyes one.
If there was a like button, i'd be clicking it like mad, but since there isn't, i'll say this:
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!! omg *hyperventilates* *faints* *asks for autograph* *faints*:psycho:

UltRiX

Smash Cadet
That Mewtwo vertex in BrawlVault wouldn't happen to be a leaked beta of your work, would it BigShark?

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Couldn't that be done in a hex editor (making sure though that the polygons have the same size)?
EDIT: Scrap that idea.
I'll try to edit the .vis0 files and see what happens.
EDIT2: SUCCESS!
The .vis0 files indeed manage the head switching.
EDIT3: Here is the edited FitMotionEtc.pac (from the latest mewtwo PSA):
http://www.mediafire.com/?n2im5izwgmh
Now his head will always have the same ears. :)
EDIT4: I forgot to edit 2 animations.
Here is the fixed version:
http://www.mediafire.com/?mtmnyyymz1z

Finally! Thanks a lot! You will be credited once I release it. Seriously, thanks so much. Expect a release in an hour, maybe even less. I also will make a video.

If there was a like button, i'd be clicking it like mad, but since there isn't, i'll say this:
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!! omg *hyperventilates* *faints* *asks for autograph* *faints*:psycho:
Hahaha. Thanks.

That Mewtwo vertex in BrawlVault wouldn't happen to be a leaked beta of your work, would it BigShark?
Nope, not at all. :p

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Sorry if I didn't release yet, I just got done typing a tutorial on using the sound effect hack, and I'm doing some portraits I forgot to do. Won't take long. I even made it user-friendly and added download links to the tools needed, and files to help you.

agroves

Smash Apprentice
Bridge of Don, Aberdeen, Scotland, Europe, Earth
Sorry if I didn't release yet, I just got done typing a tutorial on using the sound effect hack, and I'm doing some portraits I forgot to do. Won't take long. I even made it user-friendly and added download links to the tools needed, and files to help you.
Oh im sorry i didnt mean it like that. Its just good someone's getting round to doing that

ds22

Smash Lord
That sounds good (what kind of sound effect?).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom