• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Unbound : NEXT CHARACTER HAS BEEN DECIDED

jasgx

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5129-2859-2032
also is anyone having team battle freezes cause i have no team battle freezes and some ppl are reporting them

Pheonix5050

Smash Rookie
A couple of things, one, I would like to play test but if i play test will i risk ruining my wii (I use hackless method) and how much play testing do you need? like is it just I play them game and tell if there are any bugs? two, I know there is a code that allows for multiple clones of one character to use their own individual sound banks (I can send link if you need it). And three would you be able to do some sort of tutorial to show how we could add in our own characters?

Adonis

Smash Apprentice
A couple of things, one, I would like to play test but if i play test will i risk ruining my wii (I use hackless method) and how much play testing do you need? like is it just I play them game and tell if there are any bugs? two, I know there is a code that allows for multiple clones of one character to use their own individual sound banks (I can send link if you need it). And three would you be able to do some sort of tutorial to show how we could add in our own characters?
Feel free to apply to playtester if theres a spot open, its completely safe, I run hackless and I thought i was gonna wreck my wii, but It worked and iim having a lot of fun. You should definitely download it playtester or not

jasgx

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5129-2859-2032
dont worry about bricking your wii
i do extensive testing to make sure it is brickproof before i give to playtesters or the public

Pheonix5050

Smash Rookie
Alright then I can playtest for you I live in canada and I typically play by myself or with 1-3 other friends. I use the hackless method and as long as my wii doesn't get busted I can help out. (Sidenote I tried to edit the clones with the clone tool but it keeps giving me an error saying "the compression header does not match LZ77 format" I don't know why it does this but then again, I am new to this clone engine)

Last edited:

Adonis

Smash Apprentice
Bug: If Waluigi wins a team battle the victory screen shows him like on top of his partner.
EDIT: This happens with any team
Further looking into made me notice these bugs,
you can start a team battle with only 1 team, Example here
When you start, the game auto ends, and this happens

jasgx

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5129-2859-2032
Alright then I can playtest for you I live in canada and I typically play by myself or with 1-3 other friends. I use the hackless method and as long as my wii doesn't get busted I can help out
u have to message me and complete the full application and send me a video of how good u are before i decide
i accept replays
every playtester has had to send me a video before they got it so yeah
in my team all playtesters have to be at a certain skill level

Pheonix5050

Smash Rookie
Alright but I don't have a way to record directly from my tv so if a phone recording will do that is great. I will show me in turbo mode using the pm game that I modded using various files from brawl vault

Last edited:

REVENAUT1313

Smash Cadet
NNID
REVENAUT1313
I'm trying my hand at adding more clones to your build but the Clone Tool is saying "Compression header does not match LZ77 format."

Any advice for me?

Kurth N

Smash Cadet
I'm trying my hand at adding more clones to your build but the Clone Tool is saying "Compression header does not match LZ77 format."

Any advice for me?
The sc-selcharacter.pac is compressed with extended-LZ77 (to save space) not standard LZ77 like the clone tool expects. I believe the creator is working to fix it, but in the mean time, you might be able to change the compression, use the clone tool, and change it back. If that doesn't work, you can just do the edits manually.

Last edited:

jasgx

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5129-2859-2032
uCooL can u show me a sample of ur graphical editing before i see if im gunna accept u

Adonis

Smash Apprentice
I dont know if this is really a bug or justs bad luck, but I cant seem to get the new characters in random

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
u have to message me and complete the full application and send me a video of how good u are before i decide
i accept replays
every playtester has had to send me a video before they got it so yeah
in my team all playtesters have to be at a certain skill level
Oh, so should I sen you a video too?

jasgx

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5129-2859-2032
OK no prob oh btw master-gm u can get rid of the former out of ur signature

Konuro Silver

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Konuro Silver
3DS FC
0774-5097-4262
Ah...it is so nice to see people working together....So far at my end i havent found any bugs...strange...I wanna find me some glitches X3

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
I found a Pit glitch and Charizard color glitch. Also, Mario's black costume has him wearing a yellow hat.
EDIT- Ill get some pics up soon, but lemme enjoy some Unbound right now.

Last edited:

Pheonix5050

Smash Rookie
Alright so, I live in Canada, I play smash bros with cpu's and 1-3 friends every two weeks or so, I run the mod on my wii, I am available to playtest a lot of the time I play pm at least 3-4 times a week for a couple hours, I can not upload any (quality) videos as I am not able to record directly from my tv, and I play only hacks and pm now since I am able to put in my own music (that I edit myself, not mix), as well as other character, stage, etc. files from brawl vault, I load hackless and my videos of my gameplay are here -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZVQQaRjTpE&list=PLTFP6yQiCLckEWwtnOq2u6vCAX9R7QsAU

REVENAUT1313

Smash Cadet
NNID
REVENAUT1313
The sc-selcharacter.pac is compressed with extended-LZ77 (to save space) not standard LZ77 like the clone tool expects. I believe the creator is working to fix it, but in the mean time, you might be able to change the compression, use the clone tool, and change it back. If that doesn't work, you can just do the edits manually.
Ok then, so how do I change the compression if I can't open it in BrawlBox? Thanks by the way.

jasgx

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5129-2859-2032
Alright so, I live in Canada, I play smash bros with cpu's and 1-3 friends every two weeks or so, I run the mod on my wii, I am available to playtest a lot of the time I play pm at least 3-4 times a week for a couple hours, I can not upload any (quality) videos as I am not able to record directly from my tv, and I play only hacks and pm now since I am able to put in my own music (that I edit myself, not mix), as well as other character, stage, etc. files from brawl vault, I load hackless and my videos of my gameplay are here -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZVQQaRjTpE&list=PLTFP6yQiCLckEWwtnOq2u6vCAX9R7QsAU
not bad ill consider

Pheonix5050

Smash Rookie
Great! I would like to add that wasn't my best run and i am able to play 3 other characters just as well in both normal and turbo mode. If you want a better performance let me know.

jasgx

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5129-2859-2032
I found a Pit glitch and Charizard color glitch. Also, Mario's black costume has him wearing a yellow hat.
EDIT- Ill get some pics up soon, but lemme enjoy some Unbound right now.
whats the pit glitch?

jasgx

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5129-2859-2032
I've played with pit always and has never happened to me

GeZ

Smash Lord
This is a bad idea. The reason P:M works so well is because it's being overseen by a dedicated team of Smashers. From what I've seen of P:M Unbound, it's just a poorly designed piggyback project. I mean, I get wanting to be able to add custom characters, but it works well and is hype because there are really good programmers working on it. What I've seen of your custom characters is kind of loose and uncomfortable.

No hard feelings, but this project shouldn't be.

WalkingAngel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
WalkingAngel
3DS FC
1289-8866-4008
Further looking into made me notice these bugs,
you can start a team battle with only 1 team, Example here
When you start, the game auto ends, and this happens
That also happens during regulat project m. I think it has to do with the game allowing you to select one character iin time or coin battles

Top Bottom