• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Unbound : NEXT CHARACTER HAS BEEN DECIDED

AJ34

Smash Cadet
NNID
AndrewB34
My problem with this is that the new characters do not have proper PM physics, and thus play like brawl characters and are extremely weak. Besides Shadow, who is horribly unbalanced and beats everybody easily.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
My problem with this is that the new characters do not have proper PM physics, and thus play like brawl characters and are extremely weak. Besides Shadow, who is horribly unbalanced and beats everybody easily.
Agreed that they all feel alot floatier, and that Shadow is super OP.

Then again, it's a beta stage, and with proper coding applying the right physics to them shouldn't be too hard.

Also, Ridley's character portraits (save for Meta Ridley) need to be shrunk down, because he's honestly way too big for the character portrait box right now, hahaha.

I hate using Ridley and too big in the same sentence, but good lord, it's like he's trying to jump out of the screen and eat my face.

Last edited:

WalkingAngel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
WalkingAngel
3DS FC
1289-8866-4008
I have one! DEAR GOD DO I HAVE ONE.

Shulk. Using this PSA here, with credit to the creator of course.

http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=66105.0

I'd play that so hard if it was PM-ified.

With sounds.

Also, I have a few critiques that have probably been brought to your attention by now, but still think they're worth noting.

-Ridley, Lucina (for certain moves), and all the other new characters including Mewtwo and Roy don't seem to be able to l-cancel. It's a little disorienting espeiclaly when it's my like natural inclination to just hit the button. Probably an easy fix though, I hope.

- Shadow is super amazing. Holy crap dat recovery is way too good. (Why does it go so damn high? Bug?)

- Does Ridley's side-b have a sweetspot? Sometimes it seems to work really well, other times no one gets pushed anywhere. He's a little...unusual, but overall the design seems solid. Neutral B is weird though, fireballs being right on the floor is odd. And the down-b seems to go over everyone's head alot, maybe that's just me.

Lucina seems really good, but again, the lack of l-canceling on her is a little weird. What exactly does her side-b do on the ground, anyway? (I have the same question with Shadow's down-b on the ground. It's kinda weird cuz I'm not sure what's supposed to happen.)

Can Mewtwo and Roy's sounds, and Pichu's be imported from Project M/Melee? It's a little weird to hear robot sounds every time Roy does fire things.

Overall loving it though. It's very clearly a buggy beta stage, but I'm just trying to help out as best I can.
Ah so you have noticed as well.
I am a person that uses roy often and when
I can't l cancel I feel restricted to my full capabilities.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Just took her for a test run, when cycling through Mario's costumes the game froze, but that could just be my personal Wii being a beat up piece of poop.

Overall, Amazing! I love Ridley's running attack! Shadow's obscene, Lucina's fun, Pichu's Pichu, and Waluigi is cool too, though I think could stand to have his dodge sped up for nothing but the disappear would look cool like that.

Thank you for making this!

uCooL

Smash Ace
NNID
SuperMurio
Really? Wow thats kinda lame. How can you affiliate this with project M if the characters arent even compatible with it?

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Really? Wow thats kinda lame. How can you affiliate this with project M if the characters arent even compatible with it?
It depends how you're playing it. If you demand exact tournament level balance, yeah, they're probably not compatible.

If you're playing with friends, the rest of the characters are all project m compatible, and it's not as far off as AJ34 says. Ridley seems to have more depth than credit being given for, And with a small speed boost, I think Waluigi would be balanced to superior.

And also he doesn't really affiliate it with Project M, but the hack is definitely built from Project M, so not crediting it would seem more kinda lame.

As the wise men have said 'Haters gonna Hate'.

jasgx

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5129-2859-2032
It depends how you're playing it. If you demand exact tournament level balance, yeah, they're probably not compatible.

If you're playing with friends, the rest of the characters are all project m compatible, and it's not as far off as AJ34 says. Ridley seems to have more depth than credit being given for, And with a small speed boost, I think Waluigi would be balanced to superior.

And also he doesn't really affiliate it with Project M, but the hack is definitely built from Project M, so not crediting it would seem more kinda lame.

Its as freduardo said but i never said these extra characters are gunna be tournament quality balanced
i never even stated it was meant to be for tournament play
also i didnt make these characters. If i knew how i would be making the characters myself. :p

Captain Hook

Smash Cadet
A vote for Shulk, even though I have no idea who the F he is! Maybe this Shulk PSA?: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/275120798/Shulk V1.zip

Another vote for Skull Kid.

Dark Samus, and I don't know who this goes over, but it's used so Samus and Dark Samus can play against each other, so it can't be Samus: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/cmjyohdbmhnx91l/de3By1mD68

Gray Fox *Brand new and updated*: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/58110468/Gray Fox Bronze.rar

Dark Link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/ua3rh4629ti8rg6/Sacred+Fusion+DI+Link+V.08.zip (Has really, really cool features to it. New PSA, high combo character, uses arcane magic, etc..")

Alternate Snake Camos?:https://www.dropbox.com/s/drdx85kf21mlpjv/Snake Alternative Camoflauge Costumes.rar

Flygon PSA: http://www.mediafire.com/download/os46kjs1hvw3vpk/Pit+update+with+recolours.rar

Zero over Peach: https://www.dropbox.com/s/cw8frplgt60e3zs/Z over Peach.rar

Cloud over Ike: http://www.mediafire.com/download/l8elsg4aunhux9g/Cloud+Strife+Fusion+Blader.zip

For stage expansion; this looks awesome as hell: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=203372

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
You guys really need to play Xenoblade! Shulk, and his sword the Monado, are super awesome.

I'd love to throw in a vote for Skull Kid also, if I may.

Also seconded Pichu's costumes not working.

Also...please capitalize all the letters in his name. It's one of my pet peeves that it's not capitalized, while everyone else's names are. Please.

Last edited:

Friesnchip

Smash Journeyman
I really would much rather you guys take the time to fix up the characters you have now instead of adding more. Many of these PSAs are mediocre at best, and on top of that are not optimized for P:M's physics or advanced mechanics. I would be somewhat excited for Lucina, for example, if her sword effects worked (from what I recall, as the creator's Twitch account got taken down so I can't check), sounds were correct, and could actually control like a P:M/Melee character... but that isn't the case.

At the moment this project just seems like a very technically impressive, yet messy fan-game.

Last edited:

jasgx

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5129-2859-2032
I really would much rather you guys take the time to fix up the characters you have now instead of adding more. Many of these PSAs are mediocre at best, and on top of that are not optimized for P:M's physics or advanced mechanics. I would be somewhat excited for Lucina, for example, if her sword effects worked (from what I recall, as the creator's Twitch account got taken down so I can't check), sounds were correct, and could actually control like a P:M/Melee character... but that isn't the case.

At the moment this project just seems like a very technically impressive, yet messy fan-game.
I would bu I don't know how to psa
If I did I would also I can't find Lloyd psa someone send me one

Kurth N

Smash Cadet
I would bu I don't know how to psa
If I did I would also I can't find Lloyd psa someone send me one
Even so I'm inclined to agree with Friesnchip; judging by the reports over the past few days there seem to be a lot of other minor glitches that need fixing. I'd suggest we pause now that you've added bomber man and focus on refining what we have before moving on. Not only will it make the overall experience smoother for anyone playing it, but it'll also make it easier to fix new bugs that happen down the road.

Last edited:

jasgx

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5129-2859-2032
Even so I'm inclined to agree with Friesnchip; judging by the reports over the past few days there seem to be a lot of other minor glitches that need fixing. I'd suggest we pause now that you've added bomber man and focus on refining what we have before moving on. Not only will it make the overall experience smoother for anyone playing it, but it'll also make it easier to fix new bugs that happen down the road.
Agreed after I add 1 more so I have an exact 50 characters

uCooL

Smash Ace
NNID
SuperMurio

If he combines it with project M and calls it "project M unbound" then it NEEDS to be a version of project M.

Otherwise its just project M with some brawl hacks slapped on top of it.

Last edited:

Freduardo

Smash Champion
If he combines it with project M and calls it "project M unbound" then it NEEDS to be a version of project M.

Otherwise its just project M with some brawl hacks slapped on top of it.
In respectful disagreement, even if it was just project m with some brawl hacks on it, it would need to be called "Project M: (Subtitle)". A great example of this (and a wonderful hack pack that I absolutely adore) is the Project M: Pat Anderson Edition. Which is Project M with an amazing set of alternate costumes, stages, sword ganon, and a number of other hacks to a wonderful hack pack. While Pat's edition the hacks are more geared to work with Project M, it uses cBliss, which is a brawl hack, stage expansion hack I don't remember the name of, which is a brawl hack, and of course Project M, which is a brawl hack.

It makes perfect sense to call this Project M: unbound. It is literally project M: unbound by it's previous limitations on importing PSAs. And before this hack no one had done it or made a backless set available to ever even try any of these PSAs or characters. And getting to try them makes this hack insanely worth it.

I for one am incredibly hyped to try Lloyd and Bomberman

jasgx

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5129-2859-2032
Did anyone find the Lloyd psa
I honestly can't find it

Pheonix5050

Smash Rookie
http://www.mediafire.com/download/n9uyj2qga9unqtn/Lloyd+version+T+psa+balenced.zip
^ Llyod psa

Jasgx, this may sound odd, but would you be able to send me a version of your pm unbound (hackless) with mewtwo and roy already put in and the pokemon trainer/zelda/samus seperated? I would like to have some sort of template so that I would be able to put in my own characters. I have tried using the full version and modifying it but i can not for the life of me decompress everything so that the clone tool will work. It would be appreciated.

SomeSmashBro

Smash Apprentice
NNID
JayTheTrainerGuy
3DS FC
2234-7163-8539
I have one! DEAR GOD DO I HAVE ONE.

Shulk. Using this PSA here, with credit to the creator of course.

http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=66105.0

I'd play that so hard if it was PM-ified.

With sounds.

Also, I have a few critiques that have probably been brought to your attention by now, but still think they're worth noting.

-Ridley, Lucina (for certain moves), and all the other new characters including Mewtwo and Roy don't seem to be able to l-cancel. It's a little disorienting espeiclaly when it's my like natural inclination to just hit the button. Probably an easy fix though, I hope.

- Shadow is super amazing. Holy crap dat recovery is way too good. (Why does it go so damn high? Bug?)

- Does Ridley's side-b have a sweetspot? Sometimes it seems to work really well, other times no one gets pushed anywhere. He's a little...unusual, but overall the design seems solid. Neutral B is weird though, fireballs being right on the floor is odd. And the down-b seems to go over everyone's head alot, maybe that's just me.

Lucina seems really good, but again, the lack of l-canceling on her is a little weird. What exactly does her side-b do on the ground, anyway? (I have the same question with Shadow's down-b on the ground. It's kinda weird cuz I'm not sure what's supposed to happen.)

Can Mewtwo and Roy's sounds, and Pichu's be imported from Project M/Melee? It's a little weird to hear robot sounds every time Roy does fire things.

Overall loving it though. It's very clearly a buggy beta stage, but I'm just trying to help out as best I can.
The bold part I know how to fix mostly.
Just add in the RSBE code. I dont know why but it wasnt added. Simple mistake
Use GCT Fusionizer to do it. Its by Mewtwo2000.
That and I noticed that the PM Unbound team added SFX for Shadow but in his Fighter Module you directed his sounds to sonic instead of the new sounds.
Also can someone tell me how to put things in spoilers or something like that. I want to be able to shrink my posts so they dont come out this long when I quote. EDIT: I see it shrinked it for me but how do I do that?

Last edited:
Top Bottom