• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Unbound : NEXT CHARACTER HAS BEEN DECIDED

Konuro Silver

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Konuro Silver
3DS FC
0774-5097-4262
Hi! Sorry if this has been asked before, but I'm a really big fan of PM, and it's a dream coming true when we're able to use BrawlEx with it, haha! Great work! Anyways, I'm downloading now, so I'm asking: Are the characters you import good ones? What I mean is characters that are well made, good animations, good textures, sounds, nearly bug-free, etc. Y'know, so they feel like a part of the real game?

Can't wait to test it out! :)
Aren't you that guy I talked to in youtube on some of Marioking64ds's videos?

DeathChaos

Smash Rookie
Both Roy and Mewtew are completely mute (I though you could port the .sawnd from Project M?)
I tried porting the sawnds, but they don't seem to work.

Is the sound bank ID in their configs correct? Did you remember to put the soundbank replacement code in the gct?

WalkingAngel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
WalkingAngel
3DS FC
1289-8866-4008
When you do tourney it goes to rotation mode
That is intentional in pm 3.02 like how subspace goes to training. Another reason is that in tourney it loads up pokemon trainer no matter what

Last edited:

DeathChaos

Smash Rookie
So, I was looking into the Mewtwo/Roy sound issue, and I found something interesting.

I created a new GCT with ONLY the File and Soundbank replacement codes, inserted the Roy over Duon sawnd file, and even then, Roy still had Duon's mechanical sounds.

I'm guessing that this means that something within BrawlEx itself is probably preventing the sawnds from being overwritten, or maybe it's a matter of how the clone characters are created by Ex's set up.

Later on today, when I have time, I'll try making a Marth Clone, and placing Roy over the original, and see if that works, I'll report back on my findings afterwards :3

WwwWario

Smash Ace
Well I'm actually subbed to you and I really do enjoy your videos....and just thought of it..Why don't you advertise P:M Unbound?
Thanks for enjoying 'em! It's not unlikely that I can talk about PM and PM Unbound. I don't normally make those kind of videos, but hey, it's nothing wrong with starting something new :)

jasgx

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5129-2859-2032
Thanks for enjoying 'em! It's not unlikely that I can talk about PM and PM Unbound. I don't normally make those kind of videos, but hey, it's nothing wrong with starting something new :)
Thanks

Last edited:

DeathChaos

Smash Rookie
@ jasgx jasgx After digging around some more, I found out that the Soundbank Replacement mod in itself seems to be incompatible with unbound, my guess is that something else is either reading or writing to the same addresses or interfering with the replacement mod, because I tried making Roy into the original marth, no go.

I also downloaded a few sawnds replacements, like Melee Fox sawnd, Zero sawnd for link, etc, and non seemed to load.

Just though i'd give you a heads up, maybe this tiny bit of info can help you?

Adonis

Smash Apprentice
So after testing, events don't work.
Looking for more bugs
EDIT: Waluigi has the Kid Icarus emblem

Last edited:

Kurth N

Smash Cadet
@ jasgx jasgx After digging around some more, I found out that the Soundbank Replacement mod in itself seems to be incompatible with unbound, my guess is that something else is either reading or writing to the same addresses or interfering with the replacement mod, because I tried making Roy into the original marth, no go.

I also downloaded a few sawnds replacements, like Melee Fox sawnd, Zero sawnd for link, etc, and non seemed to load.

Just though i'd give you a heads up, maybe this tiny bit of info can help you?
Well that's really weird, literately the last beta (before public release) had the sounds working fine.
Jasgx, you got any ideas? I'll let you try first since you know better what changed between the two betas.

jasgx

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5129-2859-2032
With a bigger fanbase now we will also now be taking more team members 10 playtesters now :D
updated op on who is in

Adonis

Smash Apprentice
Bug: If Waluigi wins a team battle the victory screen shows him like on top of his partner.
EDIT: This happens with any team

Last edited:

Adonis

Smash Apprentice
Bug If Waluigi puts on bunny ears they attach to his crotch, not his head lol. I have a snapshot if you wanna see

Top Bottom