• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M: Theytah's Custom Build: 9 Lives and Still Kicking!

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
When I downloaded the build and placed it on to my sd card, it loaded but then told me that I need 4.38 mb to download the rest of the build. So I was wondering if you could tell me about some files I might have to delete so it can fit and work right still. (My sd card is 2gb and has nothing else on it)
Delete some songs in pf/sound/strm/

MegaMurg

Smash Rookie
Hey man, just tried your build out and for the most part it's awesome. However, a few skins and stages are a little off for me. For example Diddy's primary skin is just the silhouette, and DK is wearing blue gloves when he's supposed to be on red team. And why did you change some of the stages that were already competitively fine? Final D, Battlefield, Dreamland, and Wario land were all fine as they were and in my opinion a lot of the changes are very distracting. Have you considered releasing a more professional looking build? Like only updating stages that need to be updated for competitive play, using more professional looking skins, and trying to get uniform CSP's and battle portraits? I love your build for the most part but I just feel like it's a few things away from really being the definitive Project M build to use.

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
Hey man, just tried your build out
Care to link me to the download page? Because a lot of the changes you're showing aren't stuff that exist in my build.
Diddy's primary skin is just the silhouette
I haven't changed Diddy's primary skin whatsoever in my build.
DK is wearing blue gloves when he's supposed to be on red team
I don't have a blue boxer DK skin.
And why did you change some of the stages that were already competitively fine? Final D, Battlefield, Dreamland, and Wario land
I only changed one thing on warioware, virtually no changes were made to FD, and Dreamland was only changed aesthetically, as with every other legal stage, no physical changes were made.
Have you considered releasing a more professional looking build?
As 90% of the time I have these days are dedicated to smash, I'd consider my build to be pretty professional, and if you'd like to come off in a way that would make me actually want to help, then a 1st day account incorrectly calling me out is the wrong way to do it.
using more professional looking skins
Seeing as many of the skins in my build are custom, and many of those that aren't still get tweaked for quality and optimization, I'd have to disagree.
in my opinion
I don't recall being one in the same as any person, including you, so I'm going to have to apologize for not sharing the exact same feelings on everything.

From what you're saying, it seems that you're refrencing the Project Fixed Build, and not my own. I had nothing to do with the development choices of that build, I simply fixed it so that it would run.

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
On a different subject, I'm still working on the CSP rehaul for my build, but if it's wanted enough, I'll release the changes so far, let me know what you think everyone :)

Kaysick

Smash Journeyman
If you don't mind me asking, how did you get the actual song names to show up when you click a stage in the "My Music" Menu? I figured out how to make them show up myself when actually playing Versus, but not in the My Music part.

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
If you don't mind me asking, how did you get the actual song names to show up when you click a stage in the "My Music" Menu? I figured out how to make them show up myself when actually playing Versus, but not in the My Music part.
I just use the song manager, it updates all song titles.

Sandfall

Stage Designer
I just came here to say that I really love your build. It's my go-to build for anything competitive. There is one very minor, almost unnoticeable issue though (I didn't even see it until a friend pointed it out). On the results screen, the little stock icons that show "falls" and "KOs" are messed up for Roy and show Wario instead (Mewtwo is fine though). I'm fairly certain this is due to the STGRESULT.pac file, since when I reverted it back to P:M results screen, Roy's stock icon showed up fine. This quirk is also present in the Twinkle 64 and Project M Chill Room on the vault. Just thought I'd let you know since it's been bothering me for a while :p

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
I just came here to say that I really love your build. It's my go-to build for anything competitive. There is one very minor, almost unnoticeable issue though (I didn't even see it until a friend pointed it out). On the results screen, the little stock icons that show "falls" and "KOs" are messed up for Roy and show Wario instead (Mewtwo is fine though). I'm fairly certain this is due to the STGRESULT.pac file, since when I reverted it back to P:M results screen, Roy's stock icon showed up fine. This quirk is also present in the Twinkle 64 and Project M Chill Room on the vault. Just thought I'd let you know since it's been bothering me for a while :p
Oh I know, i'm just going to tackle stock icons as a whole once I finish the rest of the CSP files

JetX818

Smash Cadet
Hi just wondering when your new batch is coming :) I'm just really exciting of what new changes your putting :)

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
Right after I finish a falcon skin and the rest of the CSP files ;)

I'll release what I have so far if it's wanted enough.

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
good news and bad news, I didn't finish the build yet because i was preocupied, but now I know how to import models from almost any game super easy, so new stages and characters are so much easier now :D

Dr. Teem

Smash Rookie
Hey, I'm trying to get this to work for dolphin. How do I go about doing this?

dannyrom288

Smash Rookie
NNID
dannyrom288
Using your custom build on Dolphin, I made a Tool-Assisted-Superplay video!

Also, Theytah, any major/minor update coming to the custom build later?

Downdraft

Smash Ace
Hello TheytahK. Fourside and Multiville have lagged when my friends and I play them in Doubles.
We haven't noticed any problems on any stages in Singles Mode.
Have others reported lag in multiplayer matches?

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
Hello TheytahK. Fourside and Multiville have lagged when my friends and I play them in Doubles.
We haven't noticed any problems on any stages in Singles Mode.
Have others reported lag in multiplayer matches?
no, but ill look into it

RedGamer

Smash Ace
this looks awesome. I'll download when I have time.
Not bashing, but I personally like this build better than calabrel's P:M build.

Last edited:

otter

Smash Ace
Im downloading this as we type. Ive only ever used 3.0 directly from the PM website before. I am playing on an unhacked wii, do I still go to the stage builder to boot?

DBadder

Smash Rookie
everytime i launch the game it brings me to the brawl menu, not project m... im not too sure why, i am using homebrew

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
So, I gotta DL the whole thing for two er three mods? If so, the image below is me. The laptop I'm stuck with is that bad >_>

Last edited:

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
So, I gotta DL the whole thing for two er three mods?
Actually there's over 250 modifications, not even counting the songs.

The quality of your laptop doesn't have anything to do with the build if you want it for the purpose of playing on the wii :p

Necrojinsei

Smash Cadet
So amazing as always. Playing with your mod has inspired my teammates to download it themselves! It's something that my team of over 100 all really enjoy playing on the off change we have some time off. You really rock with this!

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
So amazing as always. Playing with your mod has inspired my teammates to download it themselves! It's something that my team of over 100 all really enjoy playing on the off change we have some time off. You really rock with this!
Thanks! I'm getting better too!

Broasty

Smash Journeyman
Hey TheytahK, just wanted to say a few things:

1. Your build is freaking awesome, seriously. I'm all about dem Smash 4 skins, music and stages. Keep this awesome stuff up!
2. Could you pretty please make Link go "Gee, it sure is boring around here!" for winning in the results screen. Just imagine the rage that one would feel to here that after their defeat haha. Plus, I mean, even Link's gotta s__ talk sometimes haha. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CV5UgInnzQ
3. As much as I love your stages, could you please tell me how to get Delphino Plaza back? It's not a competitive stage, but it's by far my favorite stage.

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
delete bowser's castle to restore delphino :p

also, I could edit links voice but he plays an attack noise during his winning animation, so i'd have to make it so that he does that for all his attack noises, which means ingame it'd be really weird >_<

Last edited:

Rage83

Smash Ace
Hey TheytahK, just wanted to say a few things:

1. Your build is freaking awesome, seriously. I'm all about dem Smash 4 skins, music and stages. Keep this awesome stuff up!
2. Could you pretty please make Link go "Gee, it sure is boring around here!" for winning in the results screen. Just imagine the rage that one would feel to here that after their defeat haha. Plus, I mean, even Link's gotta s__ talk sometimes haha. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CV5UgInnzQ
3. As much as I love your stages, could you please tell me how to get Delfino Plaza back? It's not a competitive stage, but it's by far my favorite stage.
PMCE has a competitive version of Delfino Plaza, among others. If Theytah(or anyone really) wants to look into it, then the build is the first link in the OP over here: http://smashboards.com/threads/pmce-complete-extension-package-2-update-is-live-enjoy.339583/

Last edited:

Zero May Cry

Smash Cadet
Sorry to have to keep asking this, but I need an answer. What is song N02 called in the build? It just says "Go K.K. Rider" in game and it's definitely NOT Go K.K. Rider. Theytah, if you know what that particular track is called I would greatly appreciate an answer. The actual name of the song is NOT in the songlist document. Again, I'd like to know what song N02 is actually.

Top Bottom