• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M: Theytah's Custom Build: 9 Lives and Still Kicking!

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah

TO ANYONE HAVING A CAPTCHA ERROR:
Mediafire seems to have made it so that the captcha disappears if you have ad-block on. Sadly, I can't fix this, so just turn it off and back on once you've finished downloading the file.

• A fun experience for both casual and competitive players.
  • Tournament Legal.
  • Costumes all are recognizable and legal, both virtually and visually, while still being unique and high quality.
  • All legal stages are kept but have multiple aesthetic options, while still offering the original for more strict players.
  • All popular non-legal stages are kept but have competitive alternatives offered so that they can be enjoyed in all play environments.
  • A more visually pleasing user interface that not only looks different than any other, but also feels elegant and functions smoothly.
  • As much content as possible added in without cluttering the game.
  • More energetic music options that keep the theme of the stage they're applied to whenever possible.
  • All character related images look professional and match each other.
  • Accessibility for both hackless and homebrew players in one download.

Hackless Installation:
  1. Download the pack.
  2. Get an SD card.
  3. Format that SD card (in FAT32 format if asked).
  4. Right click the .zip you downloaded and extract to your desktop.
  5. Put all files inside the folder you just made into the SD card.
  6. (Only if Needed) Delete some songs to free up space. (Check the songlist to know what you're deleting, songs are stored in "projectm/pf/sound/strm/")
  7. (Optional) Defrag your SD card.
  8. Ready to play!
If it's not working, make sure that the inside of your SD card (the root) looks like this:
Homebrew Installation:
  1. Follow all the steps in the hackless installation.
  2. Launch Homebrew
Dolphin Installation:
  1. Have this build in a folder in your desktop.
  2. Copy the "Gecko 1931" folder to anywhere of your choosing.
  3. Install Winimage
  4. Download This SD card maker for dolphin/winimage
  5. Run the SD card maker and make a 2GB virtual SD card.
  6. Put the SD card in this folder: C:/users/[yourusernamehere]/Documents/Dolphin Emulator/Wii.
  7. Open the SD card with Winimage
  8. Choose "Image" then "Inject folder" and look for the folder that contains this build's main files, the folder that you choose should have "background.png" in it.
  9. Wait for it to inject and then save the virtual SD by doing file save or CTRL+S, whatever floats your boat.
  10. Close Winimage and open dolphin.
  11. Right click your Brawl ISO file and choose "Set as default ISO"
  12. Go into dolphin's config files and then choose the "Wii" tab.
  13. Check "Insert SD card"
  14. Close the settings and in dolphin's main window, choose "Open".
  15. Go into the "Gecko 1931" folder that you copied and select "Boot.elf".
That's it. The sd.raw file is essentially a virtual SD card, you can even mod it to your liking just like a normal one, it's how I develop my mods because you can test it easily and quickly.
For more information on hacking via dolphin, follow My video tutorial on it.

As the end-goal for stages, I'm planning to have the original stage as the main alt, a for-fun version as the hidden alt, and a bunch of reskins of the legal version of it as the main stage that load randomly, with the current stage loader code it's possible to load up 26 stages per slot.

The current way to load stages is as follows, normally the stage will load between a bunch of random reskins (all legal but with different looks), if you want the default stage hold L and the secret stage is Z.

I had stuff filled out for all the empty sections above but I refreshed my browser by accident and cleared it, oops.

Last edited:

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
Am I to assume that the Dr. Wily's Castle in this pack is the same one that Infinite Smash Team did recently?

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
Yep, I know I spelled it wrong too, listed it like that due to copyright fear since nintendo is doing the stage in the future.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
No, I was just curious since I use it in my pack as well. Should you get a fix for the obscene amount of lag that it produces with alternate costumes and more than 2 players, I'll gladly download it.

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
I'll attempt to remove some of the nodes so that there's less surface lag for the time being.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
In the meantime, what kind of song name help did you need? I have a lot of free time, asides from the monotony of breeding Pokemon, and I wouldn't mind doing some looking into things for you.

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
Cool! basically, I need people to look up the complete name for any of the songs that are listed in the table with a "*". The format should be like this--> Song Name (Source Or artist)

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
Cool! basically, I need people to look up the complete name for any of the songs that are listed in the table with a "*". The format should be like this--> Song Name (Source Or artist)
I had to do a lot of that with my pack, especially with any song taken from Custom Brawl Music, which ended up not being that many. Alrighty, I'll download your strm and start looking into them.

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
The difference between hackless and non hackless is only a few KB, which is why they're both included, the pack is 2GB either way

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
I need a few clarifications in order to pinpoint exactly what you need to know in a few instances.

Chiptunes 1-4 and 6 on "RustleWare Inc. are located as which files? I've looked into a few in areas that I would have assumed them to be, but some don't seem to be actual chiptunes.I need a few clarifications in order to pinpoint exactly what you need to know in a few instances.

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
I need a few clarifications in order to pinpoint exactly what you need to know in a few instances.

Chiptunes 1-4 and 6 on "RustleWare Inc. are located as which files? I've looked into a few in areas that I would have assumed them to be, but some don't seem to be actual chiptunes.I need a few clarifications in order to pinpoint exactly what you need to know in a few instances.
I don't need to know which stage has what song, what I meant was I don't know the actual names of those songs and need help to identify what their actual title is, I know which file is what song and which stage they're for already :)

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
I don't need to know which stage has what song, what I meant was I don't know the actual names of those songs and need help to identify what their actual title is, I know which file is what song and which stage they're for already :)
Yeah, but if I can't pinpoint which files I'm supposed to listen to to determine it exactly, then it becomes harder to do so.

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
Ah.

Chiptune 1 = M08
Chiptune 2 = M07
Chiptune 3 = M06
Chiptune 4 = M05
Chiptune 6 = M03

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
Also, I'll post updates by the week, I've already made a few changes but I don't know how skydrive updates so I'm playing it save and waiting till the weekend.

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
What do you have on your sd? the whole mod is 1.81GB so there isn't a reason that it wouldn't fit on your SD.... was your SD card formatted and empty before you put it on?

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
For your pack, I wouldn't recommend filling the entire thing to a 2 gig SD card. Brawl and Project M are sort of glitchy when you're so close to approaching maximum capacity. Random freezes, music glitches, and more are more likely as you approach and reach that point.

Diraga

Smash Cadet
Could you make a .zip and upload to another place besides SkyDrive?

Spire

III
BRoomer
Man, I would love to see some images, particularly of the stages. Could be the difference between someone downloading this or not.

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
Getting pictures now :p Also, the site wont let me update my OP, any idea why?

bountyxhunted

Smash Cadet
For your pack, I wouldn't recommend filling the entire thing to a 2 gig SD card. Brawl and Project M are sort of glitchy when you're so close to approaching maximum capacity. Random freezes, music glitches, and more are more likely as you approach and reach that point.
so i should delete a bit more as well

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
I've dug around for a bit, and have managed to ascertain the following. It's not much, but I'm still working.

Chiptune1 : The Fight Continues (Double Dragon II: The Revenge)
Chiptune3 : (Not technically a chiptune but whatever) Flowering Night (Touhou) It's a remix that I can't quite find.
Chiptune4 : Fast Turtle (Anamanaguchi: Power Supply)

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
I've dug around for a bit, and have managed to ascertain the following. It's not much, but I'm still working.

Chiptune1 : The Fight Continues (Double Dragon II: The Revenge)
Chiptune3 : (Not technically a chiptune but whatever) Flowering Night (Touhou) It's a remix that I can't quite find.
Chiptune4 : Fast Turtle (Anamanaguchi: Power Supply)
I know they aren't chiptunes, just didn't know their actual titles.

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
I added a file with intructions on how to lower the file size inside the root of the download, it's updating now.

Diraga

Smash Cadet
I'm having problems with the pack. I have all the music and custom images loading but when I reach the CSS the background is the original Brawl one and Mewtwo and Roy are replaced with Pokemon Trainer and Wario. I am trying to run it through Homebrew. I noticed your pack doesn't include stage or system folders. How does that work?

Last edited:

Ryztiq

Smash Hoo Hah
NNID
Theytah
You might have downloaded it while I was updating it, just re download and try again.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
I'd recommend using Mediafire or Google Drive with a compressed folder download. I personally use 7z's for mine.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
I had an issue downloading the projectm.zip. It's only 1.83 GB in size, but it was downloading more than that. I'm trying it again, and I'll let you know if that happens again.

NightKev

Smash Rookie
NNID
DayKev
You definitely need to find a better file hosting site (ie: mega, mediafire, etc).

Top Bottom