• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

I R MarF

Smash Ace
Bomb jumping is supposed to be a last resort, life saving technique, mainly because its so do-or-die.
It shouldn't be a main recovery option for TL, especially when you're just going for gimps.
I love the offensive buffs TL has gotten, but lets face it, he's still gonna have a tough time killing, he needs a decent offstage game as well.
Fox, Falco, Marth and Sheik are still gonna make it really rough on him.
Why not just change the move but retain the recovery distance?
Smash 64 Link has a pretty sick offensive game when employed correctly, but his recovery is the number one reason he's bottom tier.
First of all, both Links aren't offstage characters. Uair and Dair are suicide offstage, nair is 40 frame move, you'd really only used like 3 feet away from stage, and I guess Tlink has fair and bair... but the former would probably be for high recoveries and the latter for ledgehops.

Please stop acting like Young/Toon Link has lost his most precious tool when it was kind of mediocre from the start. If you can't successfully Double Jump Nair and up-b... or nair, jump to walljump and up-b in P:M, then yeah, I would agree he could use a slight buff to his vertical recovery, otherwise, I fail to see exactly what has been lost in his offstage department.

Also, I have a real difficult time conceiving Tlink having a hard time killing. Especially if he has a slightly stronger Ylink dsmash (which is a monster a high percents). and I imagine fsmash, fair, and bair would all be viable kill options. Plus his bomb to dair and dthrow to dair are stupid good. Not to mention just how good his zoning game is.

`dazrin

Smash Champion
^I agree. Toonlink will not have problems killing. UP-B is a huge kill move that can be perfectly link into a downthrow, fsmash and upsmash have been made into viable kill moves (which YL's weren't even usable moves) and he keeps his bread and butter gimpy dsmash and the fact that all his aerial moves can KO further supports this (step1: get player offstage step2: go to edge and bomb upthrow step3: pull out another bomb step4: throw bomb, ensuring a hit->fair/dair/bair/nair/uair/up-b).

TL has LOADS of kill power.

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
BRLNK, have you actually played the new toonlink?

I used to be heavily opposed to the ****ty recovery, but afterplaying with it, it really isn't that bad. It's workable. Bomb-jumping is an essential now, which is actually great for the character if you think about it, adding a layer of depth and difficulty to the character that wasn't previous there before.

Like I said before, it IS ****ty recovery, and I hope he'd get it buffed to maybe a bit less than marth, but it's completely fine if that doesn't happen. He can still have an "offstage game" using his projectiles. He's amazing as it is. I'm with Cubal when he says that it's not the fact that he has a bad recovery that bugs me, it's just the fact that it wasn't part of YL's playstyle, since YL would go diving offstage for the aggressive kills all the time. It's fine though, the offensive buffs are more than enough to make up for it ^_^

->Even with all that being said, I still predict TL will be near the bottom of the tierlist in project:M mostly because he still gets ***** by top tiers. But I couldn't care less, I'll be using him no matter what :D Come at me brahz
I have tried the new TL extensively, and I stand by my statements, keep the offensive buffs but keep the recovery distance as well. Falco has a bad recovery, but his offensive/defensive game makes up for it. I doubt TL will ever have the offensive capabilities of Falco.
And him getting ***** by top tiers defeats the goal of balancing the cast just so that doesn't happen. If people really couldn't care less, the developers would put no effort into improving the low tiers. I quit playing Link and YL in Melee because he gets ***** by the characters 90% of people main, I DON'T WANT THE SAME THING TO HAPPEN IN PM.

>_>

`dazrin

Smash Champion
I have tried the new TL extensively, and I stand by my statements, keep the offensive buffs but keep the recovery distance as well. Falco has a bad recovery, but his offensive/defensive game makes up for it. I doubt TL will ever have the offensive capabilities of Falco.
And him getting ***** by top tiers defeats the goal of balancing the cast just so that doesn't happen. If people really couldn't care less, the developers would put no effort into improving the low tiers. I quit playing Link and YL in Melee because he gets ***** by the characters 90% of people main, I DON'T WANT THE SAME THING TO HAPPEN IN PM.

>_>
then don't play him. sup? :D

No matter what people say, Shadic once said that as long as he's in control, TL will always have a **** recovery.

I guess we gotta deal with it :p

9Kplus1

Smash Master
Dunno why people are underestimating Tink's tether and aerial mobility. So long has Tink's recovery is versatile, he doesn't need any large changes in that particular area (wouldn't mind Dthrow having low KBG so it can combo into Up-B for longer).

EDIT: Skinlicks? WTF?
Because tongueplay is one of the best things in the world ;)

:phone:

Vigilante

Smash Lord
So I went to the first day of Polybash XI and the response was good. We had poeple who came just to play Project M, and Melee players in general were highly impressed. ThatGuy (Joel) and SS9 are pretty legit, and I'm pretty sure I'll get Kage to play us tomorrow and test our more recent Ganon build. :p

Vigilante

Smash Lord
Lol, unfortunately for kage, he lost to Bam in the Melee finals, but he did pretty good. Honestly, they were pretty evenly matches and he lost by a very small gap.

Also, I'm sorry I couldn't stream, but it seems that the Internet conection is being prett ymuch used up by StarCraft 2 and League of Legends lans ans it was so slow that my stream was going to be terribly laggy.

By the way, I know poeple rarely hear about Yoshi here for some reason, so I figure I should tell you that he was heavily praised by all who tried him. Get hype.

Virum

Smash Ace
NNID
SiLeNtDo0m
3DS FC
3368-3441-2801
Have you guys ever considered a healing Aether for Ike? It's more canon.
There's a line between canon and balance. Having a healing Up B would cross that line by miles. It's the kind of thing you see in Brawl-, which is at a totally different level of balance than P:M.

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
Well that depends on how much percent it heals by. If it's like 3%, I don't see it crossing the line by "miles". It could be more of an easter egg than a thing that actually effects the game. But if you say so...

Virum

Smash Ace
NNID
SiLeNtDo0m
3DS FC
3368-3441-2801
It would still come off as very gimmicky though, since Ike's Up B isn't exactly a hard to use or land move. And besides, Ike already has a badass easter egg.

`dazrin

Smash Champion
yo nawgui, i tried adding you and the other WA guys on HoN.. none of you responded. lololol :]

question: TL's shieldpoke dtilt still has the same properties as the old one, right? Like, it spikes if you hit someone below the blade and it pops people up it if its above?

XkaruX

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, I'm from the SpikeBrothersSSBB youtube channel (the one that used to upload smash tas matches), and I wanted to tell you that I can do Project M TAS now.

What would be an interesting thing to do? (Demo 1)

I R MarF

Smash Ace
I think it would be cool if there was a tech that allowed you to instantly land on platforms without having to waveland or WD down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom