• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
They exist. Saying "Ew no seriously just no" only makes you look like a lummox. I made a very serious question and you ruined it and my day and made me cry.

I had to beat up a pillow I was so upset. Then I hugged my Marisa plushy and cried some more.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
I still want answers to the questions about it.

During which states can one use footstool on the enemy?
Can Footstool be mashed to use it on the first available frame?
Does a footstool activate its event starting on frame 1?
How long does the footstool tumble last before the enemy can act out of it?
How quickly can one act after using a footstool on the enemy?

Metmetm3t

Smash Lord
Just make grazed hits actually hit, full force.
So you want bigger hitboxes? wouldn't that just make grazing hits 1 pixel further away.

IMO if you f'd up your spacing you deserve troll sparks.

also yes, no, a long *** time, and not fast enough to combo(especially since you go up into the sky)

cmart

Smash Lord
I'd rather there be neither Phantom hits nor graze "sparks"

Just make grazed hits actually hit, full force.

Alternatively, get points for grazing lasers and every 1000000 points you get a free Bomb.
+1 touhou reference, even if scoring in touhou is ****in ********

In brawl (and pm), grazed hits means you almost hit - you didn't actually. I see no reason to change that.

iLink

Smash Champion
Honestly I don't think people know which is why you aren't getting many answers.

I'm pretty sure you can't footstool someone while they are doing an aerial. Well, you can but they are unaffected while you still get the footstool jump.

I'm tempted to say you can act immediately out of a footstool but I'd be lying if I said I knew for sure, it just seems like it.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
So Polybash is over. I got to thank Bacon, Kratos, VincentX, Androgynous, ThatGuy, Topher, Erayz, Pikalex, the TOs, the Starcraft and League of Legends guys who came out of curiosity, and those whose tags I've not caught (You badass Wario warriors) for helping us test Project M. A good few of them even came to the tournament just for to play our mods, and I was really glad to meet all of you. I can already confirm my presence to Smash Till you Crash. Pikalex already asked me if I was coming.

@ The Laval crew, we'll be meeting again since you guys live nearby.

Project M's slowly gaining some acceptance from the local pro Melee community.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
Canadians shake hands normally. Quebecois punch you in the face as a greeting. (Kidding)

I had only one plug, so I prioritized the Wii over the laptop for obvious reasons., but I met some cool guys over there, so I might have streams with them in a few weeks.

I was promised an Internet connesction + plug at STYC in June though.

Also, all of the poeple who went there will come back to this event. I may also bring Rikana if he can.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I'm sorry Vigilante, I didn't really get to play P:M as I was pretty much focused playing Melee for those that wanted to play me. I guess next time if there's time I'll play. Though freaking Bam though, grrr... I still haven't been able to beat him in years.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
Lol, it's fine. As I remember, the tournament ended late and we had to go home at one point due to the public transit. You were in very high demand, and so was I. Our setup was full the whole two days, lol. Hell you even approached me about it, so I don't doubt your honesty at all.

And about that final, you got very close to winning, so you should be proud of yourself. That Captain Falcon match didn't go too well for you, but I felt that you two were actually evenly matched with your mains. I don't know many Ganon players who can trick and space Falco as well as you do, and it was fairly exciting. Just curious, are Marth and CF secondaries you frequently use?

We meet every Saturday, so if you ever get some time off, we'll come get you by car (or meet somewhere in Montreal, either way is fine). Pikalex also confirmed that I can bring my setup to STYC in June. We'd very much appreciate some feedback on the more recent Ganon tweaks, and you could always ask Bam or other friends of yours if they want to join in. :)

Vigilante

Smash Lord
Team match in project M

Me: Backhand Gamecube controller
Teamate: Phantasy Star keyboard controller
Opponent: N64 adapter controller
Opponent 2: Trying backhand

leelue

Smash Lord
You can't footstool someone at all while they are attacking. I know this much at the least.
You can; that's how you footstool and nothing happens to the opponent.

I'm also tempted to say that it starts its action on frame 1 but I'm not testing it right now. Assuming a midair jump starts frame 1, it would have to or else you'd rise for a frame or two before the footstool kicked in.

I've also mashed footstool before and it works fine. Bounce... bounce. bounce bounce.

And I'm pretty sure you can act as soon as the squish is over. C4 and I were practicing footstool>waveland>dsmash combos (they work on shorter characters if your timing is balls out ********).

In short, they are a dumb and secretly OP and safe mechanic that literally nobody uses enough of in PM outside of C4 because he's a lunatic.

OmegaMuffin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OmegaMuffin498
So Polybash is over. I got to thank Bacon, Kratos, VincentX, Androgynous, ThatGuy, Topher, Erayz, Pikalex, the TOs, the Starcraft and League of Legends guys who came out of curiosity, and those whose tags I've not caught (You badass Wario warriors) for helping us test Project M. A good few of them even came to the tournament just for to play our mods, and I was really glad to meet all of you. I can already confirm my presence to Smash Till you Crash. Pikalex already asked me if I was coming.

@ The Laval crew, we'll be meeting again since you guys live nearby.

Project M's slowly gaining some acceptance from the local pro Melee community.
That's really awesome! I hope the rest of the Melee community will become more open-minded as to what the views of this project are

ALSO. I think Kirby and Sonic will be in D2.
Why? Well, the other day, I was watching a stream. Now this may sound normal but while watching the stream, someone chose Kirby. During the match, the Kirby player stole the power of Sonic and when Kirby used HA, the same effect of a air-to-ground HA from the current build of Sonic:M happened (The "Slam" FX and Kirby/Sonic "kneeling" on the ground).
This may all seem like a random and hopeful speculative guess, but the PMBR wouldn't be working on the properties of Kirby's copy abilites unless they planned on releasing him..
/speculation

Which brings me back to a past question.. Which copy abilty do you think will be most beneficial to the little pink star warrior?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom