• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ecks

Smash Lord
EX Up/Down B are nothing more than allowing interrupts when you want with w/e.

:phone:
Oh I see, thanks. I was thinking down b could be some sort of counter (not vbrawl's sorry excuse) and up b could be a multi hit attack like lucas' pkt2.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
I do not think even a lightning-fast Lucario will be immune to DI. In fact, I think Lucario has so many options to take advantage of most DI options, so really, I think that a Lucario payer primarily needs to be mindful of his opponent.

Of course, there may be other ways to play him. For example, I am a stop-and-think tactician, while for example, TH is very technical and agressive.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Hmm.. that's a generality.. I mean eventually you'll only need to worry about your opponent once you are high enough level. At a certain point, you won't need to worry about yourself as you'll have every tools down to the core of your being... DI eventually becomes more muscle memory rather than guesses but not all the time of course... that's why you can only worry about your opponent... and see what he's doing and how you can find holes in his play.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Gee we haven't thought of that, thanks.

your welcome JC

Definitely haven't got plans for the not-too-distant future that we've mentioned wanting to keep quiet on the details of, no-siree.
could be sarcasm could be literal...I Wonder which one it is?:reverse:

Here we go again >_>
It was just a simple statement. I've been around her long enough I know how things work.

Akuma2120

Smash Ace
Oh man, I've been out of the loop a while, I was supposed to meet up with Shawn(numbers) but it seems like he dropped out of the loop too

I'd like to try this **** out, closest person to me is Shanus, anyone know if he's still on the scene and if he does any P:M smashfests?

Ripper666

Smash Rookie
hey guys can anyone give me da link to the P:M snowy battlefield? i have only found the vbrawl snowy battlefield. plz halp!

Ripper666

Smash Rookie
ok sorry i mean the melee sized snowy battlefield, it is a diferrent STGBATTLEFIELD.PAC than the vbrawl snowy battlefield

kaizo13

Smash Champion
just add the texture to the battlefield.pac from the demo with brawlbox

I don't think devs would give out the up to date battlefield pac

Ripper666

Smash Rookie
i do not know how to do that, i bet there is one already uploaded i'm just asking for the link.

Ripper666

Smash Rookie
i don't think so, the one from the demo is already exactly melee sized apart from the main floor base

kaizo13

Smash Champion
yea the demo BF had a bug where you could go through the stage...and they most likely tweaked boundaries/camera

Mono.

Stopmotion Love.
Are there any plans to make Diddy Kong's recovery any better?

And what about Ike? I somewhat don't feel he needs it because of the wall jump shenanigans but it would be nice to have quick draw jump cancelable in air.

Flayl

Smash Hero
So guys. Mostly Devs. Someone told me that vBrawl MK in a Melee setting is a mid tier character comparable to Doctor Mario.

Shadic (namesearch this) said he would be broken in a Melee physics setting.

And I'm inclined to agree: Just off the top of my head MK's DAir edgeguard would completely deny almost everyone's recovery.

Also does "Melee"'ing MK include buffing the strength of moves? Because combo'ing into a buffed DSmash would be broken.

jalued

Smash Lord

And I'm inclined to agree: Just off the top of my head MK's DAir edgeguard would completely deny almost everyone's recovery.

Also does "Melee"'ing MK include buffing the strength of moves? Because combo'ing into a buffed DSmash would be broken.
more broken than upthrow upair wth fox? or waveshine to anything? or nair->shine?

I think not..

Flayl

Smash Hero
more broken than upthrow upair wth fox? or waveshine to anything? or nair->shine?

I think not..
Uthrow->UAir is SDI'able :bee: (if you're not fat - dunno how fat you have to be to not be able to escape it)

shine is shine...

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Umm I escaped Uair with Ganon so i guess any character should be able to do it. As for MK.. well he seems pretty good since his priority is still really good with most of his moves but I'm not sure where I would place him right now.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Really? Well, MK was already basically considered a character that should of have been in melee but is played in Brawl. lol. Umm.. well idk, that's hard to say, to me it felt right.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
So guys. Mostly Devs. Someone told me that vBrawl MK in a Melee setting is a mid tier character comparable to Doctor Mario.
This is wrong.

This is true. MK's Dair is absurd. Straight-up vanilla MK would be impossible to ledgeguard, get gimps easier than probably the entire rest of the cast, be able to camp extremely well, etc.

Even our current nerfed MK is stupid. Neko played some MK at JCaesar's place, and it showed. Dair is far better just with Melee physics. You get hit with the side hit off-stage and you die.

Depends on the move. Some get slowed down a tad, some will be weakened, we might even replace a move or two - we'll see. MK hasn't had too much attention given to him yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom