• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHOTTYGURU

Smash Apprentice
Monk and I live in Wisconsin. Peef lives in Indiana. Falco400 lives in Ohio. I'm not sure if we have any PMBR members in Kentucky, SHOTTYGURU. :/
Well that's a pretty descent amount of ppl in the midwest but Im trying to get some of these KY people interested in P:M i wonder its been like 4 months should i reapply as a playtester? my skill has improved alot of the these last few months.

F. Blue

Smash Journeyman
Any PMBR members in Philly? I understand you've brought it to Philly tournaments in the past, will that be happening again?

Wavebuster

Smash Journeyman
From my prespective, as an opponent to ZSS, I don't feel as though she actually lacks kill power. I play Ike and I feel as though I get killed at pretty decent percents aside you know, silly gimps from being good ol' Ike. All aerials sans Dair and Fsmash kill pretty good from what I experienced and she just seems to have perfect ways to set them up. The only reason she may lack killing options is because her killer aerials are also useful combo moves, meaning they're gonna grow stale after a while.
Move staling in PM is of very little consequence because the stale mechanic is of Melee, not Brawl. Damage will decay, but not the KB of the attack. If you have 100% on you and take a fresh 12% move to get sent at 112%, it will have the same KB as having 106% but taking the same hit, fully staled, to be sent at 112% again.

TL;DR the ending damage is the only important part in calculating KB.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Very good work. You only have 49 states listed however, missing South Carolina.
Like they matter. :awesome:

That's what happens when I'm speed-typing a list of states. Thanks dude... Not that I think we have any South Carolina PMBR folks.

Mono.

Stopmotion Love.
Move staling in PM is of very little consequence because the stale mechanic is of Melee, not Brawl. Damage will decay, but not the KB of the attack. If you have 100% on you and take a fresh 12% move to get sent at 112%, it will have the same KB as having 106% but taking the same hit, fully staled, to be sent at 112% again.

TL;DR the ending damage is the only important part in calculating KB.
Ah cool. Thanks for the info. Really good to know considering I'm always being conscious of knockback decay in P:M since I still am somewhat used to brawl.

ZeonStar

Smash Ace
Very good work. You only have 49 states listed however, missing South Carolina. Was looking to see if there were any close Georgia, Tennessee, Alabama or South Carolina members.
I have an old brawl player interested that was a mario user that lives around here. He is really pumped for Project M, but wants a more stable version like you do. So we might have an extra player in the mix here pretty soon.

I will have my own place here hopefully soon too. I might be living in Rome, but I don't know yet. So we could have gettogethers with multiple tvs if we can get a community started. (Just realized you were talking about PMBR members, but you were probably interested in that information anyways)

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
does she really lack in power? I would expect fsmash, fair and bair to kill decently

Edit: and ofcourse those Dair spikes.....i think she'll do fine cuz of how quickly she can rack up damage
Fsmash is for reads, poor over-the-ledge recoveries, Dsmash follow ups, and stuffing rolls.

Fair loses it's ability to be combo'd into from Uthrow around 100% with good DI. 120%ish with no di.

Bair sweepspot is harder to combo into than Fair.

So while they kill well, they're not that reliable. :V

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
How about Ganon's nair that does 22% and has good combo ability? =)
What about his fair that has that special hitbox like a sword, hence it goes right through anything except an attack with that same type of hitbox. It does 17% max, is relatively fast executing, has basically instant recovery on a barrier cancel, and is quite massive, killing at rather low percentages.

If he misses, he can just do his A punch if the opponent tries to retaliate, or shield/roll. I am telling you, Ganondorf is a crazy meat mountain who crushes bones with many attacks doing 15+%, survives to insane damages thanks to his weight, and has ridiculous horizontal recovery (Double Jump, Ganondorf Kick Down B, ANOTHER Double Jump, ARE YOU SERIOUS, Up B).

Divinokage

Smash Legend
What about his fair that has that special hitbox like a sword, hence it goes right through anything except an attack with that same type of hitbox. It does 17% max, is relatively fast executing, has basically instant recovery on a barrier cancel, and is quite massive, killing at rather low percentages.

If he misses, he can just do his A punch if the opponent tries to retaliate, or shield/roll. I am telling you, Ganondorf is a crazy meat mountain who crushes bones with many attacks doing 15+%, survives to insane damages thanks to his weight, and has ridiculous horizontal recovery (Double Jump, Ganondorf Kick Down B, ANOTHER Double Jump, ARE YOU SERIOUS, Up B).
Lol how many times I've read this is endless... =/

jalued

Smash Lord

i used to this the same about ganon's fair/jab. Then i realized that you can't shield grab or punish it from shield so instead you need to space the move properly and counterattack there is room.

But yes, ganon does kill from only a few hits, and his recovery is now better than melee. So he is definitely top tier, but not broken, he just requires a "unique" game strategy

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
I think that that gif shows how strange it looks when Lucario not only hovers in the air while he throws Falco down, but also stays up there for a second after he finishes.

Chance of someone's next post mentioning double jumping: 95%

Ecks

Smash Lord
That was some wizard-tier stuff Vigilante did there. Everyone just went crazy lol

Also, double jump.

Edit: Seriously that's like ten inputs in a little over a second. How did he find the time to do all that?

iLink

Smash Champion
I don't think him staying in the air while doing the grab looks strange at all. Maybe the slight delay afterwards but I hardly think its a problem.

SuperHappyCow

Banned via Warnings
Nah. They reduced the damage, and don't forget moves stale now.

It can still kill well.

:phone:
In PM? I thought they ditched that.

I think that that gif shows how strange it looks when Lucario not only hovers in the air while he throws Falco down, but also stays up there for a second after he finishes.
I'm not sure why his grab doesn't carry velocity. Any particular reason?

Vaerix

Smash Journeyman
That was some wizard-tier stuff Vigilante did there. Everyone just went crazy lol

Also, double jump.

Edit: Seriously that's like ten inputs in a little over a second. How did he find the time to do all that?
And he also did that holding the controller backwards. MIND BLOWING

Also, it's just my guesstimate that Lucario's aerial grab operates on the same principle as his grounded one, in that it doesn't retain momentum. Then when he finishes the throw, it's like he was on a platform, and the "platform" he was on disappeared.

drsusredfish

Smash Ace

Chance of someone's next post mentioning double jumping: 95%
its not really any different than falcons or ganons air grab they stall for a sec too it doesn't look weird at all.

shanus

Smash Hero
the animation length for it as well would look odd if he fell while doing it straight onto the ground (or offstage to his death)

kaizo13

Smash Champion
besides without the stall he wouldn't be able to connect with an aerial afterwards..

if only Vigilante would have finished it with a nair it would have been alot more badass lol

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Kaizo with that Canaan avatar.

Vigi's holding style and his play style looks very interesting.

I think the only real complaint that I have is that certain moves don't look organic yet [upsmash and nair, mostly] and when I see them in strings it looks kinda choppy (but I'm more than confident that if it seems that way for the team that it will be polished well).

However, I really, really like ftilt. Man, it really looks like it belongs in Luc's moveset and serves as a very good linker.

:phone:

Vigilante

Smash Lord
I don't know how you can play with the controller that way lol
Actually, it is just muscle memory. I did that for so long I just do it by instinct. :p

Glad you guys liked the combo. I think Lucario is the kind of character whose metagame will continue to evolve years even after the release. He has clear weaknesses, but his strength is in his combo versatility. It is very hard to know where you should DI against a good Lucario. and he has a tool for most situations.

I am not the best player in the BR, far from that, but I really want to make clear that if I can do this with Lucario, you should imagine what even more dedicated players could pull off.

Also Kaizo, I could not finish with n-air because I was too close to the ground and the frame would have been too late for me to pull it off. :p. ALthough if I had gone a tad higher, maybe it would have been possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom