• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jalued

Smash Lord
How many characters are already P:M ready?

EDIT:
Also, is there a part of the hitbox missing of falco's dashgrab? In melee I could always dashgrab someone, even when I'm a bit ahead of them.
that was a brawl issue where you couldnt grab if the center of your body is past the character. That has been fixed and will be in the "never really happening" patch in the next 10 years

jalued

Smash Lord
it's a secret
basically, they seem to be scared to release a patch that isnt "perfect" because then some player's will give rash and inaccurate feedback like "OMFG ganon is so OP, nerf A,B and C".

So instead of this, they are massively delaying it, while trying to balance the entire cast. Yeah sure there are some graphical glitches, and i understand only shanus and magnus can fix them, but still... 9 months since the demo.

I don't expect the patch will ever be released tbh, its a pipe dream and I'm tired of this habit i have to check the page 3-4 times a day.

Ecks

Smash Lord
I was also awaiting the patch like crazy until I realized-and level with me here, that I could just *gasp* play another game until it comes out! I know it's totally crazy and unheard of but it works surprisingly well!

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
I guess it's better to expect a final release then. At least GimpyFish hinted at a new video, so I'll be looking forward to that.

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
I'm just curious. What's left that needs fixing for the patch?
We've got some last polishes to do on characters who've gotten recent revisions, looking over hitboxes with toomai's new BBox (<3) among other things. It'll be worth the wait!

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
Alright. It's nice to know that you're implying the next demo will be released in the foreseeable future XD.

Quick question related to BrawlBox: Do animation changes affect hurtboxes? For example, if Marth's dair animation was changed to have him (for whatever reason) stick his legs straight up, would his hurtbox follow the points on his model? Or are hurtboxes in a different department?

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Hurtboxes are attached to the model's bones, yes. That's part of the reason why we chose to revert some of Falco's animations to his Melee self, even if it's "recloning" him. (SHeLL is a jerk for ninjaing me)

And we've said numerous times that we have a release schedule planned, but we don't want to say something until closer to the actual date in case we can't quite make it in time. A rushed product hurts everybody in the long run... Look at the Demo, of which we were incredibly rushed for.

humble

Smash Ace
So, I've got a question- Bowser's fireball, what happened to that? It sounded awesome, but when I watch streams, I never see a build with it. Did you guys take it out? If so, why?

humble

Smash Ace
Shadic, you guys could also just say what blizzard says.

"WEHN IS IT COMIN OUT?"

"When its done. :awesome:"
That's better then Valve, who seem to just randomly give out dates with no intentions of ever being done by that point.

(Note that two of the most successful and most beloved developers both seem to prize the quality of the game over meeting deadlines, so they aren't afraid to push back the release to create a better game.)

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Shadic, you guys could also just say what blizzard says.

"WEHN IS IT COMIN OUT?"

"When its done. :awesome:"
That was our general response for around six months, and it just resulted in people getting angry and impatient. We don't have the luxury of an unquestioned, protracted development schedule despite the fact that we aren't getting paid for this. :alakadoof:

rk-9000

Smash Apprentice
That was our general response for around six months, and it just resulted in people getting angry and impatient. We don't have the luxury of an unquestioned, protracted development schedule despite the fact that we aren't getting paid for this. :alakadoof:
in any case we'll all be eagerly awaiting its release

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Until it is released you guys are free to post your ideas here or in our streams. You might be surprised, some if the ideas get discussed legitimately in the BR.

SHOTTYGURU

Smash Apprentice
Well idk if majority of people in this thread are only smash players. But if you play xbox or PS3 the wait for PM is fine. As long as your playing some of the newest titles realeased gow3,resistance 3 etc....

On a more PM related subject has any animation changes gone in to effect? I still feel like falco nair is weird or maybe it's just the demo LD not sure.

:phone:

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
Until it is released you guys are free to post your ideas here or in our streams. You might be surprised, some if the ideas get discussed legitimately in the BR.
A few pages back, someone suggested using this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4ROWCEE5b0 in a custom intro for PM. Even the regular in-game version of the Melee song would be nice, since it has a more... upbeat tone (for lack of better description).
Playing the demo, it's kind of bizarre seeing Brawl's intro (especially since it's nowhere near as cool as Melee's), so I think a new intro would be icing on the cake to show a nice level of professionalism and to get us fans hyped. If a custom intro is not feasible or just isn't in your guys' interest, even a YouTube trailer with the Melee theme would be cool.

Revven

FrankerZ
Can't implement a custom intro as that requires riivolution or ISO file replacement (and we're not going to mandate either option). You're going to have to deal with the Brawl opening theme every time you turn the game on and go to the title screen.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
No point in adding a new intro if you're just going to skip it every time you turn on the game. Save the space on your SD card.

MaxThunder

PM Support
yeah... is there anyone who still watches the intro?... well... other than me... i still watch it 50% of the times i turn on any version of brawl...

oh and another thing... smashmods.com seems to be suspended...

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
We're aware of the issue. Unfortunately Neko (who owns the webhost) is currently at JCaesar's place and can't do anything about it until he gets home.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
We did a couple tourneys for fun (no money). Here are the results if anyone cares:

Singles:
1: Ryoko (Zelda, ZSS)
2: JCaesar (ROB)
3: CTL (Yoshi, Falcon)
4: GuruKid (Lucas)
5: cmart (G&W, Bowser)
5: Thunderhorse (Falco)
7: Yeroc (ZSS)
7: Glick (Pikachu, Jiggs)
9: Neko (ZSS)
9: Vigilante Blade (Lucario)
9: BigWenz (Fox)
9: quinnydinny (Ganon)
13: Player 2
13: Kirisami

Doubles:
1: JCaesar (ROB, Wario) + cmart (G&W, Bowser, Pit)
2: Guru (Lucas) + Glick (Jiggs, Pikachu)
3: Ryoko (Zelda) + Neko (ZSS)
4: Yeroc (ZSS) + Thunderhorse (Falco, Charizard)
5: Vigilante (Lucario) + Player 2 (?)

humble

Smash Ace
We did a couple tourneys for fun (no money). Here are the results if anyone cares:

Singles:
1: Ryoko (Zelda, ZSS)
2: JCaesar (ROB)
3: CTL (Yoshi, Falcon)
4: GuruKid (Lucas)
5: cmart (G&W, Bowser)
5: Thunderhorse (Falco)
7: Yeroc (ZSS)
7: Glick (Pikachu, Jiggs)
9: Neko (ZSS)
9: Vigilante Blade (Lucario)
9: BigWenz (Fox)
9: quinnydinny (Ganon)
13: Player 2
13: Kirisami

Doubles:
1: JCaesar (ROB, Wario) + cmart (G&W, Bowser, Pit)
2: Guru (Lucas) + Glick (Jiggs, Pikachu)
3: Ryoko (Zelda) + Neko (ZSS)
4: Yeroc (ZSS) + Thunderhorse (Falco, Charizard)
5: Vigilante (Lucario) + Player 2 (?)
Get roflstomped Canada. Also, nerf Ryoko, OP status for sure. He managed to beat Lucas, the Metaknight of P:M.

:phone:

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
Smashmods is down!!!!!1111!!!

Fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it fix it

kaizo13

Smash Champion
on Ryoko's stream I saw Vigilante up-b with lucario and fall to his death due to an accidental wall cling. I thought Up b to wall cling was removed for this exact reason?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom