• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

humble

Smash Ace
Peef's stream is amazing, both instructional and hilarious. Who doesn't want to watch white girls wop it? BRB, gonna go feep to Peef's sexy 'stache+bowler.

Revven

FrankerZ
Probably going to stream sometime today with one of my smash friends. Don't mean to clash with JCaesar or anything for obvious reasons but people tend to like more than one stream I suppose.

www.twitch.tv/falco400

Hope to see some of you there, I'll link again when I'm actually going to start.

MaxThunder

PM Support
^^ so basically... if someone has been pretty much owning you and you have only one stock left and he has two... if you get in a lucky glitch, then you win... sounds... kinda fun...

SuperHappyCow

Banned via Warnings
Two things.

1: Has tripping been eliminated from Project M completely?

2: If not, I think Mario's down tilt should induce tripping, since it's essentially useless as it is now. It'd be appropriate, imho, since he's the most vanilla character in the game.

jalued

Smash Lord
Two things.

1: Has tripping been eliminated from Project M completely?

2: If not, I think Mario's down tilt should induce tripping, since it's essentially useless as it is now. It'd be appropriate, imho, since he's the most vanilla character in the game.
1: yes apart from diddy's bananas which instead of tripping force a tech

2: mario's dtilt is the same as it was in melee, he doesnt need a better one. He is already looking good :)

iLink

Smash Champion
Didn't they increase dtilt's BKB or KBG in the demo? At least from what I remember, it seemed that way.

SuperHappyCow

Banned via Warnings
1: yes apart from diddy's bananas which instead of tripping force a tech

2: mario's dtilt is the same as it was in melee, he doesnt need a better one. He is already looking good :)
Disagree. It's a spectacularly useless attack. Tripping might be a bit over the top, but something should be done to it. :O

I don't think it should be stronger, or have greater knockback, but faster or a different launch trajectory.

Or tripping. : P

jalued

Smash Lord
Disagree. It's a spectacularly useless attack. Tripping might be a bit over the top, but something should be done to it. :O

I don't think it should be stronger, or have greater knockback, but faster or a different launch trajectory.

Or tripping. : P
its more the argument that not all moves need to be useful, like ganon's uptilt.

Mango alter ego scorpion king wouldn't exist without mario's dtilt, so it does have a use :p

SuperHappyCow

Banned via Warnings
its more the argument that not all moves need to be useful, like ganon's uptilt.

Mango alter ego scorpion king wouldn't exist without mario's dtilt, so it does have a use :p
That doesn't go so far in explaining why all of Fox's moves are useful, and he's higher tier. : O

All of Marth's are, too, and his hitboxes aren't even attached to his body!

PEEF!

Smash Hero
I was under the impression that Show Me Your News had a significant following after 97 episodes lol. Strangely few viewers.

Characters don't need every move to be useful to be good. Mario's dtilt serves as a situational poke, and he really doesn't need it to do anything else.

If Mario wasn't up to snuff, buffing his dtilt wouldn't really do much for him.

SuperHappyCow

Banned via Warnings
Not sure why there's so much resistance to the idea that it's really exceptionally useless. I mean, it has terrible recovery for such a weak attack. At least it could simply be a faster attack, and not totally useless. Why that's such a foreign concept is a bit confusing. For example, if Mario were to fall back onto the opposite hand while performing the kick, or simply do an upward push kick it. Even if the recovery frames were shortened, at the very least, not be a waste of a move.

That's really not asking a lot at all.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Nobody is arguing that it isn't useless. They're saying that making it useful won't make Mario a better character; rather, the way to help improve him is to improve his qualities that are already decent.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Twas a good stream.

I see a Ryoko vs The#Jay vs PEEF kind of thing in our future ;-)

Vigilante

Smash Lord
Vigilante here, I'm at TH's place playing with them. Took me 13 hours of transport by train to get there but it was worth it. They are all great people and I'll sure miss them when we leave.

I played some Lucario and Pit mostly and I've been performing better than I would have expected [no 4-stocks yet]. I even won a few matches, although I see some like Ryoko and Jcaesar and TH who are way over my level. Still, I learned lots from them.

Thanks Jcz and TH for taking care of us. And it was great meeting all of you. Thee remaining days will probably be epic.

I wrote this on my 3DS, so excuse the lazy wordings.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
great matches everyone. that TH (falco) vs Guru (Lucas) match was intense

need moar

Avalancer

Smash Journeyman
How many characters are already P:M ready?

EDIT:
Also, is there a part of the hitbox missing of falco's dashgrab? In melee I could always dashgrab someone, even when I'm a bit ahead of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom