• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jiangjunizzy

Smash Lord
Everybody there I talked to already knew about Project M.

Whether they liked it or not was up for grabs. There's a tendency for people to talk poorly of it and not to have tried it at all. There's a tendency for people to talk poorly of it and not understand the aim of the project at all too.

I did notice that once a person tried it, they thoroughly enjoyed it most of the time. At least (if not more) than 9 out of 10 people trying it liked it.

Complaints were typical. "L-cancelling feels different" "This character is odd and isn't the same" "This move doesn't hit as hard/too hard" I just proceed to explain that the game wasn't complete yet and that there are still problems that are going to be fixed or that characters go through experimental phases where new moves are tried to see what works.

In general, great acceptance of the game, but reluctance to try it.
We would like all of those who have PM but aren't in the backroom to please stop showing PM to people. There's nothing we can do about leaked builds.

For PR reasons we'd like all new Project M experiences to be made with some form of PMBR member involvement, ensuring that we can benefit from new players' feedback and properly address their concerns. We encourage you to play with your friends outside of the PMBR, and take copies of the Alpha to weeklies, tournies, etc, but do not distribute the build.

Thanks for your cooperation :)

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
I'm tempted to ban leakers (especially the non-PMBR people who take P:M to tourneys and show it off) from any future P:M tourneys I run. This would include Pound 5 and the next Apex. I don't want to, but I don't know how else to discourage leaks. Please tone it down. This is just a warning (for now).

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
And the award for the biggest over-exaggeration of the year goes to...

stingers

Smash Obsessed
who even leaks project M? I think people like that should be like, banned from the forum or something. they really need to learn their lesson, imo.

Sterowent

Smash Ace
edit: d'ohohoho ^^^^

for a lot of players, project M is a hit or miss thing. if they like it enough when they get to play it, then they'll play it later when it's done, but if they don't they'll call it an abomination. this is how things are. to think that the PMBR could over-exaggerate in not having control over this scenario is implying it's not a huge deal.

curry9186

Smash Journeyman
I love it and I haven't even touched the game yet. Majority acceptance is some goods news despite the leaking issue. It wasn't supposed to be showcased but on the plus side, you got some positive reviews.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
who even leaks project M? I think people like that should be like, banned from the forum or something. they really need to learn their lesson, imo.
You forgot to add "trollface.gif"

I love it and I haven't even touched the game yet. Majority acceptance is some goods news despite the leaking issue. It wasn't supposed to be showcased but on the plus side, you got some positive reviews.
It's good that people like it, but non-PMBR members could unknowingly give out false information about things, they could be using an outdated set with problems that wouldn't look too good, and they also have little incentive to not give it out to everyone who wants it, which would be very bad.

D

Deleted member

No need to be dramatic.

There were PM BR testers present.

Won't happen again. Won't be distributed.

D

Deleted member

Yeah.

At least you guys got free advertising for PM in GA. GA's Brawl Hacking scene is pretty poor too as shown by B+.

Edit: Stingers you shoulda come to TO6. Mad hype.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
man I heard all about that TO6 hype. wish I could've been there
but project m is more important than to6. lets discuss that. ;)

shanus

Smash Hero
i would just like to highlight jiang's most serious post ever, that is all.

also hi everybody

NinjaFoxX

Banned via Warnings
You forgot to add "trollface.gif"

It's good that people like it, but non-PMBR members could unknowingly give out false information about things, they could be using an outdated set with problems that wouldn't look too good, and they also have little incentive to not give it out to everyone who wants it, which would be very bad.
its responsible for the person to inform anyone who tests PM to know its an unfinished product, an likely will be for quite awhile. of course if you feel that leaking would be a problem, make an open Beta for varios testers to go out and get info/testing from outside sources...

Jay Talbayne

Smash Apprentice
its responsible for the person to inform anyone who tests PM to know its an unfinished product, an likely will be for quite awhile. of course if you feel that leaking would be a problem, make an open Beta for varios testers to go out and get info/testing from outside sources...
*Seconds this motion*
Plus if you release that open beta and keep working on the project the leakers will just have an outdated version.. >_> ud just have to prevent the Updates from leaking until yall are ready to release them.

curry9186

Smash Journeyman
They're trying not to do that because brawl+ did roughly the same thing and a lot of people complained about how things needed to be tweaked. The info/testing is what the playtesters are for.

Jay Talbayne

Smash Apprentice
i feel you on that, but i feel like even when PM is all finished polished up, Landing detection and all.... people are still going to complain about something.

Raqib

Smash Cadet
stop pushing for an open beta

you selfish, ungrateful lot
This. Why beg and cry for a mod of a game before it's done? I'd rather play it out of the box when it's done, and I can expect little to no changes in the future. That's how video games are normally meant to be played kids.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
You've got 25 people putting thousands of man-hours into an unofficial game mod that will be released at some point in the future.

Sterowent

Smash Ace
you have access to a treasure trove of media as well as impressions from players who know smash in and out. information is driven in and out of this topic daily, often new information or breakthroughs in the game's creation. sometimes, developers ask for an impromptu round table directly and take note of opinions from a multitude of sources, including this one if incredulously to a degree.

the game is being beta tested by players in many regions, directly from gameplay by players, at tournaments. often, fellow workshop developers willing to help are given opportunities to play and improve the game.

you have something.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
And when it eventually gets here, it'll be all the sweeter and my playtime for Brawl will skyrocket.

But while we're waiting, I'm definitely looking forward to Sonic Fan Remix which will have a demo out in just one week!

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
You've got 25 people putting thousands of man-hours into an unofficial game mod that will be released at some point in the future.
You should be grateful that I am working on a cure to cancer that will be released some time in the future.

you have access to a treasure trove of media as well as impressions from players who know smash in and out. information is driven in and out of this topic daily, often new information or breakthroughs in the game's creation. sometimes, developers ask for an impromptu round table directly and take note of opinions from a multitude of sources, including this one if incredulously to a degree.

the game is being beta tested by players in many regions, directly from gameplay by players, at tournaments. often, fellow workshop developers willing to help are given opportunities to play and improve the game.

you have something.
In summary: We're ungrateful for... hype.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
shut up. you have something rather than nothing.

god **** it

you make me want to make sure you personally do not obtain access to this game.

if anything, devs can request a lock and all forms of information can go poof.

just like how sonic megamix doesnt release anything but a 3 min video every god **** 7 months with absolutely NOTHING inbetween to sate fan interest.

shut the hell up and be grateful that there are a group of people willing to literally use up their time to recreate one of your favorite games bigger and better than before rather than doing something infinitely more productive and useful in life like oh i dont know better their own lives.

jeez.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
You should be grateful that I am working on a cure to cancer that will be released some time in the future.
Except as has been said already, there's tons of gameplay footage and commentary on how the game is progressing, and we're open to ideas.

Not to mention this is actually going to come out in less than a year. And has solid progress reporting from the PMBR.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Samus' bombs have done that since barlw+ mang.

I'm curious if morph ball in the air controls better like how Melee's does. It seems a bit wobbly in the air to control.

dabridge

Smash Journeyman
ugh, can't discern pure idiocy and selfishness from trolling in this thread anymore.

im done for now.

random lurker

It took you over 1000 pages to notice how bad this thread is?

(continues to request a twitter, so we don't have to F5 this thread like mofos just to catch a stream or important news. It would be nice not having to sort through so many useless posts just to get the information we want)

G

genkaku

ugh, can't discern pure idiocy and selfishness from trolling in this thread anymore.
woahwoahwoah
Calm down.
My comment was neither. It was an artificial comment and projection made to reveal the obviously idiotic end of pursuing the line of thought that the thread was about to take in an effort to cut it off. Generally this would be considered sarcasm, and even by internet standards it was blatant enough in the context of both this thread and my history on it that you should have recognized it as such before reacting like you did.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
yea well that will also teach me not to post in this thread at 03:30 in the **** morning.

i most deff should of recognized the context of that post.

obv i did not believe in :V, manchu, and landing detection.

</sleepjohns>

PS: @dabridge. i'm only on page 428 and i've know this place was terriblol since i started posting which is why a lot of my posts are rarely serious and i've made clear to everyone that i'm not on PMBR so they don't associate me with them, allowing me to not give a f******k

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Any stage hackers wanna take a crack at Norfair?

I think this stage would be great if we could get rid of the random pillars of lava and the lava wave (only keeping the slow-moving lava walls), and all the ledges excluding the ones on the bottom platform. I think the general consensus may still end up being to ban it, but if any stage editor is willing to make this, I would happily playtest it.

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
Is Link's aerial spin going to be Melee's or are you keeping Brawl+'s?
Please say Melee's.

Edit: to clarify i mean priority - knockback - number of hits - hitboxes

curry9186

Smash Journeyman
Any stage hackers wanna take a crack at Norfair?

I think this stage would be great if we could get rid of the random pillars of lava and the lava wave (only keeping the slow-moving lava walls), and all the ledges excluding the ones on the bottom platform. I think the general consensus may still end up being to ban it, but if any stage editor is willing to make this, I would happily playtest it.
SuperGuzzi tried doing that (for all I know he may still be trying) a while back but he seemed to have some difficulty removing just those things so the best he could was remove all the lava, safety container included. It's a pretty basic stage but without the lava it's too big to be competitive.

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
SuperGuzzi tried doing that (for all I know he may still be trying) a while back but he seemed to have some difficulty removing just those things so the best he could was remove all the lava, safety container included. It's a pretty basic stage but without the lava it's too big to be competitive.
Make it smaller then?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom