• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
Melee's of course.
Thank God. Just making sure. I despise Brawl+'s. I swear it's waay too **** hard to hit him out of it and you get killed for even attempting it. I've tried everything.. down air.. f air.. fsmash.. throwing the controller at my brother's head.. etc. and i only manage to smack him out of it 5% of the time.

But that's not important. Good to know. I just don't want him having that homo move.

Jay Talbayne

Smash Apprentice
stop pushing for an open beta

you selfish, ungrateful lot
first and foremost no one said to release something immediate we all know this aint close to done.. chill out im saying once it gets close enough why not release an open beta.. doing it now would be stupid.

MuBa

Smash Lord
Thank God. Just making sure. I despise Brawl+'s. I swear it's waay too **** hard to hit him out of it and you get killed for even attempting it. I've tried everything.. down air.. f air.. fsmash.. throwing the controller at my brother's head.. etc. and i only manage to smack him out of it 5% of the time.

But that's not important. Good to know. I just don't want him having that homo move.
Rest assured he won't suck in Project M. We'll be doing lots of testing and getting feedback from good Link players.

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
Even without the lava, Norfair's stage layout is extremely strange. I'd think that most match-ups there would devolve into a fight for control of the tiny center platform, but I suppose it couldn't hurt to try the stage out.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Utilt, BB spoiled it.

Any stage hackers wanna take a crack at Norfair?

I think this stage would be great if we could get rid of the random pillars of lava and the lava wave (only keeping the slow-moving lava walls), and all the ledges excluding the ones on the bottom platform. I think the general consensus may still end up being to ban it, but if any stage editor is willing to make this, I would happily playtest it.
Wish I was online earlier...

Only the lava Walls, eh??

If collisions are attached to the model like the hurtboxes, then maybe.......

In other news, I fixed the hurtbox of the breakable floor and reanimated it in Big Shell revamp.

I Just need to add something to the background...

OverLade

Smash Hero
I'd recomend removing the two outermost platforms tbh as well. The stage will be really "run away and camp" if it's as wide as it is now. If it's smaller it'll become like an inverted battlefield which is pretty much awesome.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
^ RH makes a good point.

The lava walls aren't necessary. I just think they would be acceptable stage hazards to make for an interesting CP. It's the platform layout that makes its legality questionable.

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
Rest assured he won't suck in Project M. We'll be doing lots of testing and getting feedback from good Link players.
Ya, i trust you guys will do an awesome job. I just think the B+ air spin is too homo IMO. It's one of the many things that make me rather dislike Link+ actually. Also, since gimps/edgeguarding are a big part of melee, having an Up B that's stupid difficult to hit him out of and punishes you hard for trying just isn't cool.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Since the collisions of the plats are attached to the bones of the plats, we can move them without trouble.

Please draw a picture or something of how you want the platforms to be laid out.

Where are those fumes that come out the BG again???

kaizo13

Smash Champion
i'm just gonna go ahead and assume you guys are getting rid of Fox's awful Brawl stance/standing animation :)?

MuBa

Smash Lord
i'm just gonna go ahead and assume you guys are getting rid of Fox's awful Brawl stance/standing animation :)?
I'll see if I'm not too lazy atm lol. I just started using BrawlBox and making that Utilt according to Fox's current stance was quite difficult. I had to make very accurate and precise pivot so the footing transition b/w his stance and Utilt wouldn't look so awkward.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
yea i know editing standing animations is tedious and alot of work since it is linked to every move but Project M won't be complete without it :(

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Any stage hackers wanna take a crack at Norfair?

I think this stage would be great if we could get rid of the random pillars of lava and the lava wave (only keeping the slow-moving lava walls), and all the ledges excluding the ones on the bottom platform. I think the general consensus may still end up being to ban it, but if any stage editor is willing to make this, I would happily playtest it.
I'd be glad to work on this stage for you guys. Just PM me what you guys want done to the stage and I'll do my best to get it done. BTW there is no model for the spouts of lava that are randomly made, which may make it a lot harder to remove the spouts. Maybe they have a floating point that controls the timer on when they appear...

D

Deleted member

Also Wolf's standing animations are just outlandishly ridiculous.

Unimportant for now, but possibly important for near completion aesthetic quality.

Revven

FrankerZ
Also Wolf's standing animations are just outlandishly ridiculous.

Unimportant for now, but possibly important for near completion aesthetic quality.
That's extremely unimportant (as you said) and even more so ridiculous to expect us to do. If you guys want to do this yourself, go right ahead, but right now we're not concerned with wait animations... at all.

ValTroX

Smash Ace
i loke wolf's standing animation, I hate his dash. On the norfair thing, I would suggest that you remove all hazards except the little line of lava that comes from...somewhere(it's been years since i haven't play the stage xD). Make a reverse battlefield layout and use boundaries similar to DL64. I think it could be a decent CP

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
That's the worst hazard on Norfair. It's unpredictable, fairly fast, and can kill (just like the claw on Halberd). It's crucial to remove the lava plumes.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Lava plumes are ********. I would love to get rid of them. Only bad hazard on that stage IMO.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
I will try my hardest to find a way to get rid of the lava plumes that shoot out. If this is not possible for the time being, what would you want done to norfair? If someone can draw up a plat layout and what hazards that need to be kept/gotten rid of, i'll get started on it right after school/work!

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Oh well. Not all stages can be salvaged. Whenever I get the chance to, I'll edit Norfair's STDT to see if I can make the chance of lava plumes 0%. For now, I'd say that Norfair is not able to be salvaged at this point in time.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
@Krautrock That "Norfair+" is just all the Norfair models ported to a different stage and then a rel to put it back over norfair. Unfortunately that stage removes ALL of the hazards. On the topic of hazards, any stages that need a hazard removed besides the claw on halberd(which I already did) and the plums on norfair?

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
I heard that you guys might want some more people to help test the game? I'm available to do that and am especially knowledgeable on Zelda...

Ulevo

Smash Master
@Krautrock That "Norfair+" is just all the Norfair models ported to a different stage and then a rel to put it back over norfair. Unfortunately that stage removes ALL of the hazards. On the topic of hazards, any stages that need a hazard removed besides the claw on halberd(which I already did) and the plums on norfair?
What about Pirate Ship? Also, unrelated note. Is there still no feasible way to reduce the damage or knockback done by the cars on Port Town?

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
At this point in time there is no way to edit the hitboxes of stages or add hitboxes to stages. I could remove the catapult and bombs from pirate ship as well if you'd like me to.

curry9186

Smash Journeyman
What about Pirate Ship? Also, unrelated note. Is there still no feasible way to reduce the damage or knockback done by the cars on Port Town?
Do you want the cars to stay in because there's a PTAD without the cars at all.

EDIT: After watching that ridiculous samus video, I thought of something. I know you're still working on throws but would you consider making tether grabs capable of grabbing airborne opponents?

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Removing all the hazards may be fine. I'd really prefer keeping the lava wall though.

I think this might be an interesting layout for a counterpick:

All platforms passable from the bottom, only the top one can be dropped down through from the top.

I also thought about extending it with 5 platforms (2 on top and 3 on bottom), but I think that would work better with the lava wall intact to occasionally block half the stage.

EDIT: After watching that ridiculous samus video, I thought of something. I know you're still working on throws but would you consider making tether grabs capable of grabbing airborne opponents?
They already can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom