• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
Wait people are complaining about sonic now?
time for the nerftweak hammer
We should complain about Ike more, he's not bad enough yet
He needs a property where when he hits with anything but a rest sized hitbox with minimal priority at the end of his sword, he gets a 10x hitlag multiplier so it's automatically unsafe on shield and on hit the opponent has a few minutes to look up the exact angle, do the math, calculate the perfect angle for 18 degrees of DI, get a protractor, measure the angle of the control stick to perpendicular to knockback, and still have time to SDI into the stage for a tech once they're busy messing around with numbers. But to make up for it everything gets rest strength.
Meanwhile the rest sized hitbox has no hitlag. But it has plastic noodle strength
Also get rid of QDJC, because once you get past the 11 frames of start-up it's pretty much uncommitted
just like in 2.1, except it was 9 frames

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
Looks like DF's new gimmick posting style was inspired by his Science notes

@SM- Last I heard Project Mars and the rest are being worked on at KCMM, and will be posted on SWF when they're finished.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Wait people are complaining about sonic now?
time for the nerftweak hammer
We should complain about Ike more, he's not bad enough yet
He needs a property where when he hits with anything but a rest sized hitbox with minimal priority at the end of his sword, he gets a 10x hitlag multiplier so it's automatically unsafe on shield and on hit the opponent has a few minutes to look up the exact angle, do the math, calculate the perfect angle for 18 degrees of DI, get a protractor, measure the angle of the control stick to perpendicular to knockback, and still have time to SDI into the stage for a tech once they're busy messing around with numbers. But to make up for it everything gets rest strength.
Meanwhile the rest sized hitbox has no hitlag. But it has plastic noodle strength
Also get rid of QDJC, because once you get past the 11 frames of start-up it's pretty much uncommitted
just like in 2.1, except it was 9 frames
:salt: :salt: :salt: :shaker: :shaker: :shaker: PJSalt PJSalt PJSalt

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Every character wrecks spacies that don't play smart, even in Melee.

Every character wrecks any character that doesn't play smart.

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
Except spacies of course. Cuz they're so totally awesomely legit and should never be touched!

Every other character should definitely be hit with the nerf hammer though amirite? I mean, they're way too good.

Oh wait.
They're not.
This is what I have been thinking...

Tero.

Smash Champion
I always ways wondered: will there be any aesthetic changes in new demos/final version?
Browsing through this topic and some of these stage textures are simply awesome.

This BF version of Bell Tower for example

Also I always thought it would be perfect to put some OC Remixes in there Like this Megaman Remix used in a M2K combo video (I.AM.ROBOT)
Since OCRemix worked together with the Smash Community for Apex they might even be interested in remixing a few stage themes especially for P:M?

That way P:M would be even more unique from Melee/Brawl

Anybody else feeling this way?

Astraea31

Smash Apprentice
I always ways wondered: will there be any aesthetic changes in new demos/final version?
Browsing through this topic and some of these stage textures are simply awesome.

This BF version of Bell Tower for example

Also I always thought it would be perfect to put some OC Remixes in there Like this Megaman Remix used in a M2K combo video (I.AM.ROBOT)
Since OCRemix worked together with the Smash Community for Apex they might even be interested in remixing a few stage themes especially for P:M?

That way P:M would be even more unique from Melee/Brawl

Anybody else feeling this way?
A lot of the stages currently in PM are either currently swapped out with something else, removed certain stage hazards, and rematched to look exactly like Melee. I don't really think iconic brawl stages like BF or SmashVille need to be changed because most of the Brawl players are already comfortable with these being the official versions since it's been out for so long. Changing it into something else gives off the sort of unprofessional feel to it, that comes off looking as a mod. Which is what I sort of feel I get from stages like Metal Cavern and other N64 stages. I still like Final Destination (brawl one looked ********), Sky World, and Draculas Castle.

If people wanted another version they could just go to Brawl Vault and change them. Although I do think the Clock Tower Battle Field does look a lot better than the brawl version.

Laijin

Smash Hero
So last version I played of this was about a year ago.
Does Toon Link still suck balls? Or did you guys change him back to be more like Young Link again?
Do I need to rejoin the backroom/start playing P:M again and make sure their not completely destroying my beloved character?

Slashy

Smash Lord
A lot of the stages currently in PM are either currently swapped out with something else, removed certain stage hazards, and rematched to look exactly like Melee. I don't really think iconic brawl stages like BF or SmashVille need to be changed because most of the Brawl players are already comfortable with these being the official versions since it's been out for so long. Changing it into something else gives off the sort of unprofessional feel to it, that comes off looking as a mod. Which is what I sort of feel I get from stages like Metal Cavern and other N64 stages. I still like Final Destination (brawl one looked ********), Sky World, and Draculas Castle.

If people wanted another version they could just go to Brawl Vault and change them. Although I do think the Clock Tower Battle Field does look a lot better than the brawl version.

I'm upset that Metal Cavern replaced some of the good stage edits from Brawl+, Pirate Ship+ and Pictochat+

They're actually playing P:M now

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Why don't you come over this weekend Laijin? There's a bunch of good players here and we're gonna have a tourney on Saturday.

`dazrin

Smash Champion
So last version I played of this was about a year ago.
Does Toon Link still suck balls? Or did you guys change him back to be more like Young Link again?
Do I need to rejoin the backroom/start playing P:M again and make sure their not completely destroying my beloved character?
Yooo

Like... 4 years ago, I was a mere lurker, and I watched ALL your videos (and jash's) to learn how to play YL, and I modeled my YL after you. Now, I'm like.. one of the most well known PM TL's in this game, and part of the BR, but I will forever be your fanboy haha

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
Yooo

Like... 4 years ago, I was a mere lurker, and I watched ALL your videos (and jash's) to learn how to play YL, and I modeled my YL after you. Now, I'm like.. one of the most well known PM TL's in this game, and part of the BR, but I will forever be your fanboy haha
I was totally expecting another TL rant tbh lol

Anyone think Luigi needs more improvements? Especially recovery wise?

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
I think it's pretty bad. I guess you could use the roulette method to guarantee that your next side-b is a misfire, but you're not always going to have that opportunity. Green Missile is like super punishable, even on impact, and his super jump punch... well I guess that's self-explanatory.

Slashy

Smash Lord
I think it's pretty bad. I guess you could use the roulette method to guarantee that your next side-b is a misfire, but you're not always going to have that opportunity. Green Missile is like super punishable, even on impact, and his super jump punch... well I guess that's self-explanatory.
Didn't Luigi Cyclone get buffs? Not to mention Super Jump Punch has a better horizontal recovery even if slight

`dazrin

Smash Champion
I love your avatar, KayB. It actually literally puts my imagination in a different world. I feel like I'm right there in a bomb-omb stadium or that Wario Battle Field stage from Mario Party 1 haha.

edit:
Luigi cyclone didn't get "buffs". The animation just matches the hitbox now. Before there would be instances where the animation goes through someone where it looked like it should have hit them. The move just makes more sense.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
He meant for recovering. Luigi cyclone is much more reliable for recovering now compared to Melee, where you had to do that stupid little "on stage" charge of Cyclone before you could rise with it.

A friend of mine loves Luigi and wants to play him more, and the only thing he wants to be buffed recovery wise is that he wants Side B to have a larger window for snapping the edge. It's gotta be frustrating going for the edge from far out, you scrape the edge, and get carried forward/under the stage lip lol.

Slashy

Smash Lord
He meant for recovering. Luigi cyclone is much more reliable for recovering now compared to Melee, where you had to do that stupid little "on stage" charge of Cyclone before you could rise with it.

A friend of mine loves Luigi and wants to play him more, and the only thing he wants to be buffed recovery wise is that he wants Side B to have a larger window for snapping the edge. It's gotta be frustrating going for the edge from far out, you scrape the edge, and get carried forward/under the stage lip lol.
Not to mention the insane amount of time you had to hit the special button. I was never able to get Luigi to rise as much as he does in P:M.

I feel like you should have to charge the cyclone properly before you grab the ledge, and if it misfires it is an obvious risk for using the move.

If Luigi is getting a recovery buff, I demand that Ness be allowed to reverse ledge grab at all times while in fall special

ELI-mination

Smash Champion
I think that having to charge the cyclone would be a bad decision. It's an integral part of his recovery and it should be able to be used at all times.

Also, I agree that side-b sweetspot could use a slightly larger window for snapping to the ledge. Not that it's necessary, but it does feel a bit too precise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom