• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
Too good @ the dk picture and yoshis story. It just needs randall the cloud and voila. We also need dreamland! And fountain of dreams...which is obv my favorite stage, obv...since u know Im a sheik main XD. This time FoD will be perfectly viable for teams too :D because it wont lag.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Too good @ the dk picture and yoshis story. It just needs randall the cloud and voila. We also need dreamland! And fountain of dreams...which is obv my favorite stage, obv...since u know Im a sheik main XD. This time FoD will be perfectly viable for teams too :D because it wont lag.
Dreamland is being worked on by FroznHobo.
Fountain of Dreams or Kongo Jungle 64 are likely next.

humble

Smash Ace
The thread is moving slow! Question time.

1. You said G&Ws auto fast fall dair was removed, how about others like sheik, sonic, toon link, or ZSS?

2. Will rolls and spot dodges be reverted back to melee form? For Brawl characters like Lucario or Metaknight, how will you determine how much slower they should be?

3. In Melee, after going into a helpless state your character turns darker- will this be returned?

4. Will Peach be getting her Melee DJ height back?

5. Now that there is a quality Mewtwo model, is there a chance that we might be seeing the return of Mewtwo? So far it has seemed you guys cater to Melee first, and Brawl second, so is there potential to see Mewtwo over Lucario?

6. The last smashmods update was more than a month ago, are there any plans to update soon?

7. Which character are you currently working on, and are there any ideas you would like community feedback or input on?

Wind Owl

Smash Lord
All of your questions have been answered repeatedly, but I can understand not wanting to wade through over 9000 pages, so here goes.

1. You said G&Ws auto fast fall dair was removed, how about others like sheik, sonic, toon link, or ZSS?
Sheik's is like Melee, Toon Link's is like Melee, Sonic's is like Brawl but he can L-cancel it for like no lag at all, and ZSS we have no idea what we're doing with it yet.

2. Will rolls and spot dodges be reverted back to melee form? For Brawl characters like Lucario or Metaknight, how will you determine how much slower they should be?
Rolls and dodges have been Meleefied for a long time now. For Brawl characters, we put them into the Melee roll class (fast, slow, medium, etc) that was closest to their Brawl dodges as compared to other characters in Brawl.

3. In Melee, after going into a helpless state your character turns darker- will this be returned?
Umm... That was in Brawl. We didn't take it out or anything.
4. Will Peach be getting her Melee DJ height back?
That's a work in progress, but we are trying to, yes.

5. Now that there is a quality Mewtwo model, is there a chance that we might be seeing the return of Mewtwo? So far it has seemed you guys cater to Melee first, and Brawl second, so is there potential to see Mewtwo over Lucario?
No. And don't listen to Guy. The only possibility of this happening would be if there were a clone engine (so you can actually add characters instead of replace) and if the Mewtwo model and PSA looked and felt professional. Same goes for Roy, etc.

6. The last smashmods update was more than a month ago, are there any plans to update soon?
Yes, there are. We're working on another Dojo now.

7. Which character are you currently working on, and are there any ideas you would like community feedback or input on?
Um, well it's a group project so different members work on different characters and no one is even assigned to one specific character, so... There is no one character. However, we're almost finished Meleefying Pokemon Trainer and we're going to work on ZSS next.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
lucario is dumb, i'd be so glad if the team in general would learn to be manly enough to replace lucario with MEWTOOOO

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
Peach has her DJ height back already, it's just that she's missing the little initial dip.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
I don't know much about PSA, but would it be possible to at first make it so Peach's double jump sends her downwards (like sonic's dair), but then right away back up again?

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
I guess that wouldn't work really though, because, if you did a jump with forward momentum, the "downward" momentum like sonic's dair would stop all that forward momentum, whereas in melee you can go right and left during that downard dip.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
lucario is dumb, i'd be so glad if the team in general would learn to be manly enough to replace lucario with MEWTOOOO
Off the record (i.e. speaking only for myself), I would have no problem replacing Lucario with Mewtwo, or Olimar with Pichu, or Metaknight with like ... Magikarp. Some characters just aren't made for Melee.

I mean seriously, how the **** do you Meleefy Olimar?

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Speaking of questions that have been answered repeatedly, I apologize if this is one of them, but have you guys had any success returning Yoshi's Melee shield properties?

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
In what way is his Brawl shield different? If you mean shield stun and shield drop time, those are global things that have been fixed for everyone. If you mean the large pushback he gets from lightshielding, lightshielding isn't something we've been able to recreate yet.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
We have made it so the game can detect light presses from L and R. It's just a matter of creating the lightshielding mechanic from scratch, which is easier said than done. I'm not a coder so I don't know how possible/likely it is to bring back.

humble

Smash Ace
Olimar I could see Melee-ified pretty easily, Metaknight I've always felt like his moves are fast and he'd be a combo monster, except he has too much knockback to make it work. Decrease his knockback and damage, and he'd actually be better off for it.

Izaniki

Smash Apprentice
I think the major thing with Olimar is working in his Pikmin. If it was just Nolimar, it'd be fine. Having to pluck pikmin stops his momentum in a fight and leaves him open to being wrecked. So it seems like the only solutions would be to either remove plucking (give him a full set of pikmin with a good % representation of colors, make them invincible), balance around Nolimar, or make plucking able to happen almost instantaneously (multiple pikmin at once) so he isn't completely crippled by losing any amount of pikmin.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
How the hell did you guys even get the game to detect light presses on R and L? Weren't those not even included in the coding?

Izaniki

Smash Apprentice
Light presses are recognized by the Wii, so I think it was just a matter of making Brawl recognize them as separate from regular press, and then give them their own action when shielding (this is the hard part).

There's been a light press code around for awhile, though it is probably only the base (if even that) of the current one they're going to use.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
I'm sorry if this question has been asked a million times, but has the camera been fixed? I've always had a burning hate for brawl's camera.

Izaniki

Smash Apprentice
I think that VietGeek changed them for Brawl+, and they are a lot better now, IMO. IIRC, he said that they are values that get changed in each PAC or something? But it didnt' sound hard to do, because he did it practically overnight.

It zooms in/out faster and follows the battle better. It's VERY noticeable when you see it pre-changes.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Off the record (i.e. speaking only for myself), I would have no problem replacing Lucario with Mewtwo, or Olimar with Pichu, or Metaknight with like ... Magikarp. Some characters just aren't made for Melee.

I mean seriously, how the **** do you Meleefy Olimar?
MetaKnight -> Magikarp.

I'll start work today. First order of business is a Splash animation.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
barwls camera sucks/end of story
It does do one thing better than Melee - The HUD stays out of the action. Going back and noticing that in Melee was certainly annoying. That said, it controlled horizontal camera movement much better than Brawl does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom