• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
Off the top of my head it hits 9-13 and ends 31. It leads to a lot of different (good) things depending on the percent, the character, and the DI, including a lot of aerials, C4, U-smash, and more.

humble

Smash Ace
What is snakes fastest move to come out? Just curious whether when he does F-Tilt>sticky, if it'd be possible to hit them before they can roll/getup so you reset.

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
Uh, Sora... if you try to tech and you AD instead... you waveland, lol.

no. no you don't.
i used one of the early AD codes w/o no airdodge in tumble and when i tried to tech right it kept air dodging. the no air dodge in tumble was meant to not only help with combo'ing but also to compliment the directional air dodges so teching wasn't screwed up (it makes sense to me <_<).

i believe it would only waveland if you were DI'ing down or w/e <_< which i was going to the side.

i never said it would happen every single time but the issue would still exist.

EDIT: ok can you guys PLEASE make it so link can grab airborne opponents? it's so stupid that he can't in the first place. he could in 64 and ZSS can(i think) in vbrawl so why the hell shouldn't link be able to?

is there any possibility that you guys can give him that?

Izaniki

Smash Apprentice
ZSS can't grab people in midair. Only a few B attacks can (Yoshi NeutB, Ganon SideB, Bowser SideB, etc).

Link could midair grab in SSB64? O_o I really need to replay that game so I can remember what all was in it, apparently... :o

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
All characters could grab airborne opponents in SSB64, including out of a ground bounce. In Melee and Brawl, your opponent has to be in a neutral stance in the air (just plainly falling) or being on the ground but not in a recover stance. Of course, you use the jab reset in Melee to set this up while doing the same in Brawl is largely inconsistent or ineffective on grounded opponents (mostly because of the lack of hitstun).

So, every Smash game allows you to grab airborne opponents. Only SSB64 allows to grab tumbling and bouncing opponents. Melee and Brawl need the opponent in a "neutral" stance and Melee's jab reset effectively does this.

If you mean allow Link to grab tumbling opponents, I don't know how the heck you would specifically exclude Link as an exception to the rest of the cast for that deal.

kupo15

Smash Hero
All characters could grab airborne opponents in SSB64, including out of a ground bounce. In Melee and Brawl, your opponent has to be in a neutral stance in the air (just plainly falling) or being on the ground but not in a recover stance. Of course, you use the jab reset in Melee to set this up while doing the same in Brawl is largely inconsistent or ineffective on grounded opponents (mostly because of the lack of hitstun).

So, every Smash game allows you to grab airborne opponents. Only SSB64 allows to grab tumbling and bouncing opponents. Melee and Brawl need the opponent in a "neutral" stance and Melee's jab reset effectively does this.

If you mean allow Link to grab tumbling opponents, I don't know how the heck you would specifically exclude Link as an exception to the rest of the cast for that deal.
Pretty sure this is almost entirely wrong. You can grab opponents from the tumble state in Melee even as Link. The catch is you needed to be within nontether grabbing distance. I don't see why this isn't possible in Brawl and of course like you said, you can't grab a bouncing opponent.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Ah, duh. I completely forgot about that, but my point about ground bounce grabs was still true (albeit quite an obvious fact at that).

So in that case, gib Link grabbing dudes out of air plz?

Izaniki

Smash Apprentice
Ohhhh totally misunderstood what "airborne grabbing" was. I thought we were talking about, say, Link's zair actually grabbing o.O Definitely need to not try to respond to things on so few hours of sleep lol..

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Yeah, I think you were thinking command throws.
What I think Sora-kun meant was giving characters with tether grabs the ability to grab opponents out of the air.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
If you've read the thread, which I'm sure you've done because no one would ask questions without checking to see if they were asked already, you would know there is not one.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
If you've read the thread, which I'm sure you've done because no one would ask questions without checking to see if they were asked already, you would know there is not one.

MuBa

Smash Lord
What I meant was when it does come out
We can't say when it will come out right now b/c there are a LOT of things that needs to be polished, like for instance: every character's physics needs to become "Meleefied" and also there are some very important codes we have yet to obtain such as the "landing detection."

Albeit we'll try our best to get things done asap but at the same time we can't be pushed around seeing as how we want our first Beta to be extravagant.

But in the mean time plz do enjoy our teaser videos and streams :)

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I think at the very best, seeing a solid landing detection code get through might make it possible to predict a good release date.

But otherwise, I wouldn't be concerned about any concrete release period.

G

genkaku

I continue to hear that landing detection is proving difficult to code. Out of curiosity, exactly what's the problem, locating the code, altering it, what? It's difficult to picture the issue without a more specific description of the problem.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Ay Strong Bad, what are you guys going to to about Jiggs? Are you guys gonna nerf her or just make her exactly the same? Do you think some of the Brawl chars counter her?

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
Jiggz will probably be made very closely to Melee.

If we did change anything around with her, we would do so by working closely with Hungrybox. So 'rest' assured that she'll be very familiar and fun.

punzz

Wind Owl

Smash Lord
I continue to hear that landing detection is proving difficult to code. Out of curiosity, exactly what's the problem, locating the code, altering it, what? It's difficult to picture the issue without a more specific description of the problem.
Basically, somewhere in the black box of assembly code there are routines within the physics engine that determine when a character is considered to have landed. In Brawl, a character is considered to have landed much earlier than those in Melee. Perhaps the most obvious example is Ganondorf. If you Dair into the stage in Melee, practically the entire lower half of his body will overlap with the stage before he goes into his landing animation. In Brawl, the values are more realistic and he will land as soon as his feet touch the ground.

The whole problem stems from the fact that this routine is not contained in any of the PAC files, and so PAC programmers (or assembly programmers not in possession of the elusive USB Gecko), which comprises 95% or more of the Brawl hacking community, have no idea how to even touch these values, and for someone with assembly knowledge and a Gecko, such as Phantom Wings, it is still difficult to wade through the code because it's all in compiled machine language. This same issue occurs for DI and any other direct changes to the physics engine.

As for landing detection specifically, PW has looked into it but never finished (he's probably bored with Brawl completely). We're trying to get someone else to step in

Unlimited

Smash Cadet
In order to keep G&Ws current nair and also add in his melee nair they made it so if you held down the A button the parachute would come out, but if you just tapped the A button quickly his fishbowl would come out like brawl- did.

I think this was a fantastic idea and I really hope that this could somehow be implemented into Project M.

I'd just hate to see G&Ws fishbowl get removed from the game since it is such a useful tool and this seems like the perfect way to keep it in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom