• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeoZ

Smash Ace
Always use honey as a substitute for sugar in any drink. It stirs into the drink better, is better for you (Especially if it has no preservitives), and in a lot of cases, tastes better.

Doesn't stop me from having hot black tea with half and half, two tea bags left in the cup, and 5 sugars though. I try to have milk/honey tea, but obviously that's not always a possibility.

I need my drinks/food strong. I can't stand weak tasting things at all.

I want to try a really zesty falafel now.
Seriously? That's a lot of sugar.
Maybe your tongue is less sensitive than the average.

Red(SP)

Smash Journeyman
I have a friend who wants to be good at Melee, but doesn't have a copy of the game to practice with. If he downloads demo2, do you think it'll be similar enough to Melee to help him improve?
The learning curve for P:M is slightly easier to me than Melee itself.

What I would suggest is having him read about all the mishaps and un intentions that occurred in Melee and further study them to the point where he can easily tell them by detail.

I've been doing this with a friend for about 3 months now.

ChronicleX

Smash Cadet
It's been along time since the first demo, and from what I am reading up now I am liking the changes. Hopefully it plays as well as my hopes aspire it to. The character changes in the first demo did not live up to my expectations based on developer claims, however the mechanical alterations in the first demo were along the right lines and was satisfied with them. The Character changes for Demo 2 seem to be a vast improvement.

Compared to demo 1, outside of fixing the bugs (if you were able to fix them) what further mechanical alterations have been made?

Anyways Keep up the good work, I look forward to giving it a spin myself. Shame you plan to release it after the Weekend instead of prior though :(

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Speaking of Milk Taunt, when is Samus getting her old school salute taunt back? All of her brawl taunts suck a big fat whale dong.

Beorn4200

Smash Apprentice
Ok, so the demo gets released this monday? I've read that it's release after the weekend. Does that mean Monday 12:00 am? or Sunday 12:00 am... and those people just live in other countries.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I'm going to be out all night at Universal from 4PM-1AM so either way I'm coming back, sleeping, and downloading P:M D2 the next day.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Speaking of Milk Taunt, when is Samus getting her old school salute taunt back? All of her brawl taunts suck a big fat whale dong.
The side taunt and down taunt aren't too bad. I want up taunt replaced with her Melee taunt though. Although, I don't think theres a good SFX to use that sounds like Melee's taunt. :(
Ok, so the demo gets released this monday? I've read that it's release after the weekend. Does that mean Monday 12:00 am? or Sunday 12:00 am... and those people just live in other countries.
Sometime during Sunday, we'll release Demo 2.

Ecks

Smash Lord
Just stopping by to say the show was really good. A lot of good information.

PS, I support Elixir soup over milk.

Machiavelli.CF

Ivy of the West
NNID
Machiavelli.CF
3DS FC
3222-5675-4966
*sees KingClubber's sig*
Hey KingClubber, why did the little boy drop his ice cream cone? ... BECAUSE HE WAS HIT BY A BUS!

Also I heard on the stream that custom stages will work. Is it safe to assume the code to disable them will be gone for those of us with homebrew? It'll be nice to play on those old things again...

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
The side taunt and down taunt aren't too bad. I want up taunt replaced with her Melee taunt though. Although, I don't think theres a good SFX to use that sounds like Melee's taunt. :(
All the more reason to figure out importing Melee sounds without Riivolution.

Although if you got something that sounded like the "honk" from 64, that'd be cool, too.

The looking around taunt should be a wait animation, and in its place you should put in a thumbs down, because Other M was a bad game.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Can anyone think of a code in Project M that's not so advanced or technical that it would give casual players/Melee haters fuel for trolling, but not so extraneous that it's irrelevant to the gameplay (like the "old names on top" code)?

trojanpooh

Smash Lord
Can anyone think of a code in Project M that's not so advanced or technical that it would give casual players/Melee haters fuel for trolling, but not so extraneous that it's irrelevant to the gameplay (like the "old names on top" code)?
No tripping?

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
No tripping. :alakadoof:

There's also Tethers, people scream when hit by strong attacks, taunt canceling, no random move tripping, no Pokemon weaknesses, powershield reflect...

Ecks

Smash Lord
So Toon Link can pseudo-bottle dupe for infinite double attack power? Over my dead body.

:phone:
Suit yoursel-Er, yeah, no. The change would be purely aesthetic to reference Wind Waker better.

I've been meaning to ask, since Fox seems to have melee standing animation, does that mean you guys adjusted all the moves to match? That's incredible if you did.

Edit: Actually, why not change the milk bottle for this? :awesome:

CSDragon

Smash Journeyman
SO:

Well, ZSS won't be in it...

how do I modify character select screen?

I'll just use Brawl+'s ZSS until Demo3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom