• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
seeing those reminded me:
is it possible, at all, for anyone, to be able to code in di for the computers? at least in training mode? like, have a "use combo di" or use survival di" or even "use combo di for x hits, then survival di" or something? i have no idea how much work that entails, just that it would be baller to be able to practice comboes when you can't get to human competition very much.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Shadic talking about Mario Tennis for GBC :D I love that game; I have a level 99 character and I spent forever grinding to get my partner to 99 as well.

At what point in the podcast does the Project M discussion start?

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Project Maybe Before Monday

Seems like they're starting the serious P:M segment around 1:03:00, if anyone else wants to listen to it.

Edit: Glad you got those bugs worked out from demo 1. We don't want people's n-bones vibrating wildly during their sex kicks.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
That was meant to be sarcastic.

The only textures I plan on using are things that make the characters I play purple.

metroid1117

Smash Master
also, in the Melee Special video... I just noticed that they were Wobbling way before Wobbles did it. I wonder if he was inspired by that video.
I don't think that was wobbling, that was just Popo doing the grab attack and Nana jabbing without any desync at all. Wobbling is where you desync the ICs so that they alternate hits between grab attack and DTilt, preventing your opponent from breaking out of the grab. I doubt Wobbles got inspiration from that video specifically, since grab attacking with the secondary IC nearby was probably something that people tried out by themselves.

CSDragon

Smash Journeyman
@CSDragon:

any character pac that is not a PM file won't work properly with a lot of key gameplay features due to how certain codes interface with pac files. Utilizing zss pacs from other games (or even vbrawl) won't work properly....
Play the event matches that use characters not in the demo. It works just fine.

Beorn4200

Smash Apprentice
Except, that isn't PM ZSS Its brawl with a few of the codes.. At least I think thats how it works. I know its not PM ZSS, because I'm pretty sure they aren't going to include her .Pac ;)

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Ugh seriously
do we have to disable 1P mode because of you *******s?

CSDragon

Smash Journeyman
Well, Demo 2 is a completely different beast than Demo 1, but it worked back then. I'll have to see on Sunday.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Why would you do that anyway? That's just so disrespectful to over 2 years of effort to try to access content we feel isn't ready (and aren't including). ZSS would feel awful and be vBrawl with a few of the global codes added to her. She might even freeze if you try to wavedash.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Because he wants his ZSS NOW DAMNIT.

Please don't let this guy ruin it for everyone else though. If he wants to mutilate his game in order to play with a character that doesn't even work the way it's supposed to, who cares?

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
That's cool. I imagine the rest of the game takes priority over it, but it's cool to know you guys are able to do that.

MaxThunder

PM Support
uh... not all of them... some characters just freeze when the game tries to load them... other's freeze when trying to airdodge or something...

and demo 1 is quite old now, anyways... i can imagine that a lot has changed in their coding since then...

Master WGS

Smash Lord
While I understand the idea of "This content isn't ready, so we're not including it in the demo," I don't see why you'd need to lock away 1P mode to prevent people from attempting to access it. Claiming that it's disrespectful just to test something silly is flat-out arrogant.

Let them mess with the stuff and see how broken it'll be for themselves. It doesn't hurt you at all - it just lets them learn a lesson for themselves. Locking away options for the curious is just a douchey move.

I really like what you guys are trying to do. Don't let your egos make you come off as jerks when you're this far in.

TeiunBomb

Smash Apprentice
You know, hearing that SSE works again, I may have to unlock all the characters from the Subspace Emissary again so that I can play through it with the Demo v2 characters. That should be an absolute blast compared to how it was in vBrawl.

Thanks again for being awesome, PMBR team.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
You know, hearing that SSE works again, I may have to unlock all the characters from the Subspace Emissary again so that I can play through it with the Demo v2 characters. That should be an absolute blast compared to how it was in vBrawl.

Thanks again for being awesome, PMBR team.
I had this same idea, once it is finished.

:phone:

Master WGS

Smash Lord
Wait, but you start with Kirby...

Or are you just speaking in general, and not in Demo 2 terms?

EDIT: Also, when Demo 2 drops, would it be too much to ask that the OP/Site be updated with any major/minor if possible general changes that have been made since Demo 1? I know I'd like an official list of sorts just to keep rumors/theories in check.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
I'm saying it's fun in general. SSE in brawl wasn't that bad, tbh. The only thing that made it worse (besides the fact it was still brawl) was that SSE altered physics to make things slower like sheik's run and such.

Master WGS

Smash Lord
Other than the final maze stage or whatever, I really enjoyed SSE. You could call me a SSE Man (Pronounced seeman). We should get lots of SSE Men in a room and play together.

That was a semen joke for the slow kids in class. Took us a while, but we got there.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
Also, when Demo 2 drops, would it be too much to ask that the OP/Site be updated with any major/minor if possible general changes that have been made since Demo 1? I know I'd like an official list of sorts just to keep rumors/theories in check.
they've said plenty of times that they would update the OP once demo2 drops

TeiunBomb

Smash Apprentice
Wait, but you start with Kirby...
After you've beaten the game, you can start with any character that you've unlocked. I am waiting for a complete build in order to get deep into SSE, but I think that it would be interesting to mess around with some of the currently completed characters.

SSE was awful.
Melee Adventure was awesome.
Varying opinions, etc. I will agree that Adventure Mode in Melee is pretty awesome.

CSDragon

Smash Journeyman
Why would you do that anyway? That's just so disrespectful to over 2 years of effort to try to access content we feel isn't ready (and aren't including). ZSS would feel awful and be vBrawl with a few of the global codes added to her. She might even freeze if you try to wavedash.
I don't see how that's disrespectful. Disrespectful would be passing off that ZSS as the official version or something. It's not like I'm taking my wii to tournaments. I mean, what if I want to replace Ike with the Cloud Strife PSA and play him in a P:M environment. Is that disrespectful? If not than neither is this.

And I'm not trying to access content you feel isn't ready. I don't have the P:M ZSS PAC or PSA. I wouldn't be using your ZSS, much like if I were to put a different PSA over the character, like the Whisp PSA over Kirby. I'm not trying to access your content, I'm trying to access Brawl's content or other modders's content.

And maybe she would be awful, but that's still better than not being able to use my main at all. And once she's officially released, I'll play the P:M ZSS. If she freezes up when I try to use her now, well then, oh well, too bad for me.

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
In the final build of PM, Tabuu should be retextured to be Sakurai. It would make a cool boss fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom