• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

`dazrin

Smash Champion
Comon guys!!~ This is smashboards for god sakes! I don't wanna read about this **** in here! Instead lets talk about project:M :)

So theres around a month left until demo 2 comes out? :D orr, am i mistaken?

*really wants to call all her friends over and play it* :awesome:

Flayl

Smash Hero
Can somebody who has access to Character moveset data if there's a difference in the movement boost of Bowser's dash attack between Melee and Brawl? Because it seems Melee's is bigger - and if so I want to ask for Melee dash attack in Project: M :p

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
*really wants to call all her friends over and play it* :awesome:
If you've got passports or whatever, you can come to the next GameClucks in Lynnwood, WA. I'll be there with my developer copy of P:M. It's about as far for you as it is for me, and you don't have to deal with Tacoma/Seattle traffic. :awesome:

Red(SP)

Smash Journeyman
After seeing a bit of Sonic's capabilities in this vid, I got excited.

Although if possible I would like to know if Falco developed at all, really. Anything new?

`dazrin

Smash Champion
If you've got passports or whatever, you can come to the next GameClucks in Lynnwood, WA. I'll be there with my developer copy of P:M. It's about as far for you as it is for me, and you don't have to deal with Tacoma/Seattle traffic. :awesome:
Thanks! I'm definitely considering going! Hopefully I'll get to see you there and play some p:m! :p (more specifically tink :p)

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
After seeing a bit of Sonic's capabilities in this vid, I got excited.

Although if possible I would like to know if Falco developed at all, really. Anything new?
1) It's funny because that video is already a bit outdated. :awesome:

2) Falco has had some animation improvements, but not really much needs to be done with him... Anything off regarding Falco is generally going to be due to the core engine itself. (Which we're working on.)

Thanks! I'm definitely considering going! Hopefully I'll get to see you there and play some p:m! :p (more specifically tink :p)
I really want to try 1) Toon Link dittos. and 2) Link v Toon Link. So yeah, please do. :alakadoof: And get your friends hyped on it as well. :)

jalued

Smash Lord

2) Falco has had some animation improvements, but not really much needs to be done with him... Anything off regarding Falco is generally going to be due to the core engine itself. (Which we're working on.)

I really want to try 1) Toon Link dittos. and 2) Link v Toon Link. So yeah, please do. :alakadoof: And get your friends hyped on it as well. :)
can you disclose what you are fixing with the core engine?

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
At least we won't have to endure a zombie apocalypse. I'd much rather face a second Ice Age than die from a ragged bite wound.
Technically the same ice age is still going on because the ice sheets covering Greenland and Antarctica still exist.

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
That's like saying an atomic bomb is still going off at Hiroshima because there are still traces of radiation from the blast there.

:phone:
No, it isn't. It isn't at all. The action of the bomb going off is instantaneous; from then on, it's just an explosion.

Also, MaxThunder, there's a little more to it than that. Technically, an ice age is a time when there are large sheets of ice (emphasis on the word "ice") in both the Northern and Southern hemispheres; hence, we are technically in an ice age.

I R MarF

Smash Ace

IIRC, in the demo build, Falco's dairs did not fight shine momentum. Meaning his dair would spike as hard as it normally would instead of gently knocking his opponent down so Falco could fast fall and follow up. I think this made his shine to dair broken near the edge while his shine dair combos were difficult to do.

Has this been fixed/looked into

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
IIRC, in the demo build, Falco's dairs did not fight shine momentum. Meaning his dair would spike as hard as it normally would instead of gently knocking his opponent down so Falco could fast fall and follow up. I think this made his shine to dair broken near the edge while his shine dair combos were difficult to do.

You're asking if a problem with the demo has been fixed yet?

Come on, you're one of the top posters in this thread; you should know better.

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
Sorry, but I didn't record any of the Project M tourney matches. There weren't very many people left at the venue by the time it had started. There was only a total of 5 people in the pm tourney. :/

1. Breezy :ganonmelee: $6
2. YoshQ :marthmelee:
3. Toast :zeldamelee:

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Me messing around with a livestream setup. Beating up a friend who is bad at the game. Will probably mess around with characters I don't actually play as a result.

Linky.

Attention grabber:
WHAT? SHADIC BE DOIN' A LIVESTREAM LATE AT NIGHT.

Red(SP)

Smash Journeyman
Me messing around with a livestream setup. Beating up a friend who is bad at the game. Will probably mess around with characters I don't actually play as a result.

Linky.

Attention grabber:
WHAT? SHADIC BE DOIN' A LIVESTREAM LATE AT NIGHT.
I lol'd so hard at Yoshi's Egg Roll death.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Fun to stream with my semi-fighting punching bag of a friend. I'll try and do it tomorrow at a decent time.

Turned out to be surprisingly simple to set up, too.

Gonna have to dig through the footage for that Zero Suit combo I did.. See if it was as good as I remember it.

9Kplus1

Smash Master

If there's a problem with his physics in the Demo, chances are that it was fixed already. Falco is top tier; thus, he would be of higher priority than most characters to fix, in order to better emulate the Melee environment. Also, keep in mind that many notable players have tried more accurate builds of P:M, since the Demo. If every single player missed such an obvious kink in a very good character's physics, then maybe we, as players, need to reconsider the legitimacy of our game.

Also... +1 for Shadic streaming nude :awesome:

:phone:

Flayl

Smash Hero
Can somebody who has access to Character moveset data if there's a difference in the movement boost of Bowser's dash attack between Melee and Brawl? Because it seems Melee's is bigger
Don't know how far back developers look so here goes

kaizo13

Smash Champion
Hmm your Tails has improved a lot....
too bad his Sonic is still quite mediocre :troll:

joking aside, I noticed one of his flaws is that he stands still a bit too long sometimes and is usually when he gets hit. gotta keep the momentum going and keep dat pressure on'em. (refer to dat long 5 minute match)

definitely improving though

I R MarF

Smash Ace
You're asking if a problem with the demo has been fixed yet?

Come on, you're one of the top posters in this thread; you should know better.
Well I am aware its been a year, but that doesn't rule out possibility they haven't been able to solve the problem since it seems to be an issue with physics/momentum. But its probably fixed

`dazrin

Smash Champion
Fun to stream with my semi-fighting punching bag of a friend. I'll try and do it tomorrow at a decent time.

Turned out to be surprisingly simple to set up, too.

Gonna have to dig through the footage for that Zero Suit combo I did.. See if it was as good as I remember it.
Was fun to watch! ..Even though there wasn't much 'real' competition going on xD
What did you use for your set-up btw? My friend said it kinda looked like you had a camera pointed towards the screen, but i couldn't tell lol

Dat tails is sooo cool! :awesome:
was it just me, or did that charizard stand still alot of the time? lol (referring to the first video on FoD)

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Jim has a habit of standing, because he play's a defensive anti-approach style with charizard. he like to wait for people to approach him so he can jab them into combos.

I'm learning not to approach haphazardly against a character with a jab that can shut down a lot of sonic's options, so i'm not super aggressive in this MU

`dazrin

Smash Champion
ah, i see. it was just strange to me because almost all the charizard play i've seen has been very a very aggressive style focused on juggling/ keeping your enemy in the air, so it came off as weird when he played passive-aggressive :p

btw 69 more days until the worst possible release date of demo2 :] hyyype.

edit: LOL i think you have to set it to april.1 though, if the link doesn't automatically

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Can somebody who has access to Character moveset data if there's a difference in the movement boost of Bowser's dash attack between Melee and Brawl? Because it seems Melee's is bigger

Don't know how far back developers look so here goes
What do you mean by movement boost? You mean that extra boost he gets out of dash attack?

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Could someone repost that set of stage changes? I'ma put together a music pack for some of the stages, especially like... Fountain of Dreams. I got so sick after the demo release of hearing "Mario Bros" over and over again.

Also I somehow got super hyped for this again after listening to my old set of music hacks from the demo release, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom