• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
It had a nice variety of characters, but some of the clips were mediocre imho (4:31, 5:17, 7:05, etc). No offense, but I think it would've been better if you guys cut it down to around 5-6 min at max; there were definitely cool/creative scenes in the video, but I felt that some scenes were filler or had unrealistically bad DI. Some of the Falcon scenes were great, I liked the double UAir -> dropzone knee on Dreamland (?).
Ah those...well I would ordinarily have cut those out in a combo video...but this isn't a combo video. It is just a summary of the last quarter year more or less. Any non combo video-ish footage is most likely just a swag moment, a gimp, or something disrespectful(meaning...basically anything you wouldn't do in a friendly with someone you intend to be friends with is how we define it.)

still glad you enjoyed it...somewhat.

Flayl

Smash Hero
You know i first left the first four characters in when I put the link but it wasn't working, then I took them out and it worked.

it's fixed now

Revven

FrankerZ
I don't believe the hitboxes on PM Bowser's dash attack are based off of vBrawl Bowser's dash attack... as he certainly does have a hitbox on his snout (actually NOT really sure about this, but from experience it does seem to hit around there anyway) and it lasts a pretty decent amount of time, it can catch people pretty awesomely. I wouldn't really change it from how it is now, a distance increase might make it "easy mode" especially considering it has armor on it too (that lasts a decent length of time as well).

It's a pretty safe dash attack right now, I would be pretty hesitant to do anything else to it.

Dunno if that answers your curiosity, Flayl but there you go.

Flayl

Smash Hero
Didn't know it had armor on it. I'm personally more interested in the utility of covering a bigger distance (at the cost of huge lag) but yeah if it already has armor then that would be overkill.

Jiangjunizzy

Smash Lord
Didn't know it had armor on it. I'm personally more interested in the utility of covering a bigger distance (at the cost of huge lag) but yeah if it already has armor then that would be overkill.
while the rest of the cast was resized (mostly made a tad smaller) to match their melee sizes, bowser was left his brawl size. this effectively gives him more range and bigger hitboxes to work with. he's physically huge compared to everyone in PM and thus covers a ton of ground with his dash attack. i do like the acting on that animation a lot more than the nose dive. maybe we'll incorporate the animation back someday.

metroid1117

Smash Master
Some inputs in melee have buffer, such as rolls and spot dodges. Its not the same buffer system that was in brawl, its more focused than that
Just to add to this, you can buffer rolls/spotdodges by using the C-stick. This is particularly useful for resetting your spacing if you use an aerial on someone's shield and want to get away to avoid being grabbed.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
There was a buffer in Melee.
*cue reference and reminder to the buffer debate earlier in this very thread*

i dont hate buffer lol. i was poking fun at the people who hated the idea of universal buffer

The ****? Last I remember you couldn't even function as a player without 10 frames of buffer :troll:

:phone:
LOLOL

ya 300% buffer. 30 frames. get at my perfect tech skill.

9Kplus1

Smash Master
Nana has the most beautiful eyes in P:M, but gyrates waaaaayyyy out of rhythm. It's surprising, really, that Nana can stand still for the conception of a child, let alone birthing one.

on an unrelated note: holy ****, Reach sucks more than Brawl =/

9Kplus1

Smash Master
Indeed. Even without rectum boom, the game is still heavily luck-based and overall silly; the DMR, for example, has a silly fire rate and even sillier reticule. It's so difficult to take that game seriously, especially when my success rate is more inconsistent than MvC3 tourney results. I'm sad that my Halo 3 ban won't be lifted for ten more days -- and miss Halo 2 / early Halo 3 days.

Give Snake a BR for his Side B.

9Kplus1

Smash Master
anyway, does anyone feel like tossing around ideas for the characters that are far from finished? Because that generalization isn't obvious, here's who I'm mainly referring to: MetaKnight, Olimar, ICs, and Ivysaur.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom