• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

SpiderMad

Smash Master
I believe the best course of action is to make Sonic have Shadow sounds, walk, and run in P:M. Then the minority of people who wish they were playing Sonic can just delete the P:M Shadow textures and pretend they're playing Sonic with unfitting characteristics. Then later on they can ask to bring back Sonic through the clone engine but no gaurantees

TreK

Is "that guy"
Awesome. Is the wii U zone-free ? I might buy one someday and it'd be cool if it ran PM.

On another note, isn't it funny that S4 Sonic was revealed on a turbo tuesday ?

RPGsFTW

Smash Ace
The gamepad with Smash looks cool as hell, but I'd think that it might suck to play on. I can't imagine anything being nearly as solid as the gamecube controller for Smash.

Burnsy

Smash Lord
There's definitely some lag with the Wii U pad display, although I'm unsure how strongly it affects gameplay.

TreK

Is "that guy"
Turbo Fox !
Because Fox clearly isn't pressing enough buttons already !

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
hasn't there always been notable input lag on the wii u gamepad?
There's 1 frame of lag on it. http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/10/15/at-160-of-a-second-gamepad-latency-wont-ruin-the-wii-u
How does that work? Does it treat the game pad as a Classic Controller (and that's why P1 in that picture has it)?
Unfortunately, the game pad is not recognized as any sort of controller for this. It has a built-in sensor bar and you must use a wiimote to connect to it. :/

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
I'd like some specifics on it. input lag (not response time, two diff. things) would be a nice stat

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
It should have been GG Gamecube Controllers like half a decade ago. Nintendo loves us too much

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
So you are telling me that I have to take the gamepad AND my controller into the bathroom?
What are we, animals?

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
So you are telling me that I have to take the gamepad AND my controller into the bathroom?
What are we, animals?
No, we're mammals.

You should know that best of all, Batman. You're the darkest mammal in here.

Yomi-no-Kuni

Smash Lord
Sooo... I've been wondering...
Is anyone using Wallcling yet effectively (except for the occasional wall-climb)?
Is the PM team happy with the way wall-cling works? It seems to me it sometimes interferes with grabing the ledge.

Burnsy

Smash Lord
I use it all the time for squirtle. I dont feel it gets in the way because I understand how the mechanic works and thus, dont tend to trigger it accidentally. Of course, the way that it adds extra mobility and recovery options is awesome.

Spiffykins

Smash Ace
Sooo... I've been wondering...
Is anyone using Wallcling yet effectively (except for the occasional wall-climb)?
Is the PM team happy with the way wall-cling works? It seems to me it sometimes interferes with grabing the ledge.
It gets you style points. To be honest though, the idea of Sheik looming on the wall ready to slap you silly is pretty intimidating. Perhaps even slightly practical.

It should have been GG Gamecube Controllers like half a decade ago. Nintendo loves us too much
C'mon, the GCC is better than any controller they've made since. Not that that's saying a whole lot, but you really can't get any better for Smash.

Although, pressure sensitive A button could mean actually stronger smash attacks when you press the button harder

be honest, you already press that button way harder than you need to when you charge a smash attack

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I figure most people C stick smashes, SO THAT IDEA IS IRRELEVANT

Top Bottom