• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Lizalfos

Smash Master
BLM is proof fascism won't fly, Mech. Right-wingers wouldn't take kindly to Fuhrer Trump either. People who volunteer for the military normally value constitutional rights. Between crazies with guns and militias, Nazi-hating patriots, nihilist bloggers who don't buy meta-narratives, and the reality of the relative privilege and prosperity of even the most marginalized Americans, you will never pull a Mussolini in modern America. Now if we all felt marginalized to the point of disillusionment, were trapped in hopeless stagflation, held no power in the international community (felt cheated). Also consider how much oversight there is in the government, and realize Republicans in congress (even Tea Party) don't equal the White Trash Party (the party of Trump). Also consider that Trump is nothing like Mussolini or Hitler, they were both relative failures, meanwhile Trump is a successful insider who is merely using his constitutes. Trump's America would be very similar to Hillary's America not only due to the power of the other branches, but just as a matter of fact that he is just a less informed Hillary at the end of the day. Clearly he wouldn't act on his progressive desires, as he has to please hiss constituency, so you get Hillary lite. Basically: Fascism is for Europeans, Trump is actually more liberal than he shows (he only runs conservative due to the practicality of attaining power, but power isn't his end goal either), Hillary is more conservative than she shows, the Liberal base wanted Bernie whether they knew it or not, and Hillary is the liberal minded Hawk the country needs to pivot to China and restore international stability along with instating proven Clintonomics domestically. When Hillary is president she is going to take America back to the
status quo. You might be upset, you might have wanted radical social change, but the US status quo is a pretty good one; it will also better facilitate the steady social progress we've already observed throughout the past decade. Historically, Hillary will be seen like Taft: Completely overshadowed by her predecessor yet actually more effective. So actually liberals really wanted Bernie, but actually really really wanted Hillary to forward their goals, but misinforming and manipulating your voters to get there is just as effective as anything else, so I won't complain. Respecting "free will" of people fits with my democracy-prospers-by-pleasing-&-pacifying, but sometimes a leviathan works best, and if you fool them into thinking they choose themselves the net effect is same.
Trump probably didn't think he would be the nominee, but with his momentum he is preparing to seriously lead america best he can. Some Canadian politician said it best: What you say in elections doesn't matter. A Trump presidency wouldn't be world ending, but it might resemble Grant's.

You guys were close, but Mech is my alt.

Last edited:

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
Lizalfos Lizalfos >concocting a wall of text expressing why you think it can't happen here when reality has shown that it very well could happen here
>

D

Deleted member

all this talk about the pokemon no one ever shuts up about and not a single sign of appreciation for the fabulous smug-meowth

smh
i caught a lv 8 skitty with a hasty nature thats quick to flee.

i named it "cake"

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Lizalfos Lizalfos >concocting a wall of text expressing why you think it can't happen here when reality has shown that it very well could happen here
>
It won't happen this election cycle. The Stars haven't aligned the right way. The US military won't turn on it's people right now. SCotUS and the Congress can only be compromised by force. Plus we are the United States, the constitution would actually let the states dissolve the Federal government it they wanted to and the coast guard etc will be loyal to States. If you can't muster the force, Fascism is a forgone conclusion.

The international community isn't oppressing us. Democracy is as functional as ever. Fascism happens when people quit on the system.

Trump happened because the Republican establishment tried and then failed to suppress voters. After this election democracy will be stronger regardless of the President, because the Republican party will implode and reemerge a modernized party representative of a moderate majority.
you're both wrong
Fair enough, Rockman.
will you guys stop trying to out edge one another and just get married?
I get it now! I type a thousand words, and Mech responds with a picture. We complete each other.

Last edited:

Binary Clone

Easy Money since 1994
Premium
Hearthstone expansion. Wooo.
I disenchanted Blackrock because I thought it was cycling out :L
Wow that sucks, BRM is... preeeetty good.

The new adventure is fun though! The cards aren't super great imo (Menagerie Warden + Raven for Druid ridiculousness, while Priest gets Purity? Fireland Portal as a Mage common?), but the first wing of the adventure is really fun. Heroic was basically just cheese but I think that's usually what it ends up being.

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Today is make or break.
Wow that sucks, BRM is... preeeetty good.

The new adventure is fun though! The cards aren't super great imo (Menagerie Warden + Raven for Druid ridiculousness, while Priest gets Purity? Fireland Portal as a Mage common?), but the first wing of the adventure is really fun. Heroic was basically just cheese but I think that's usually what it ends up being.
I only had the 1st 2 wings. RIP Emperor T. I just decided that I didn't like Hunter anyway, then disenchanted all of those cards. Same decision with Mage and Shaman.

Actually really excited for priest. Mid-range resurrect shadow priest will probably be tier 3 if things pan out. You don't need a 2 drop if you can get off inj kal off at 1, if you don't you can just stabilize with a Circle Heal board clear and try again for the board. 4 mana reset board 3-1 body 2dmg ping hero power is really good tempo, so it is just a matter of resurrecting your injured blade-master. also had epiphany that inner-fire allows you to turn defensively stated minions into ludicrous value trades, so might try that.

Last edited:

Binary Clone

Easy Money since 1994
Premium
Today is make or break.

I only had the 1st 2 wings. RIP Emperor T. I just decided that I didn't like Hunter anyway, then disenchanted all of those cards. Same decision with Mage and Shaman.

Actually really excited for priest. Mid-range resurrect shadow priest will probably be tier 3 if things pan out. You don't need a 2 drop if you can get off inj kal off at 1, if you don't you can just stabilize with a Circle Heal board clear and try again for the board. 4 mana reset board 3-1 body 2dmg ping hero power is really good tempo, so it is just a matter of resurrecting your injured blade-master. also had epiphany that inner-fire allows you to turn defensively stated minions into ludicrous value trades, so might try that.
Yeah, I mean the non-Purify cards are good, but I don't really think it'll be enough when stuff like Zoolock and Aggro Shaman and Dragon Warrior are already so powerful and are still going to improve, and then when the Beast Druid is about to get ridiculously strong.

I mean if you wanna talk about curve

?

Also I found the unicorn priest.
I bet it works really well until rank 19 too lol

Last edited:

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Yeah, I mean the non-Purify cards are good, but I don't really think it'll be enough when stuff like Zoolock and Aggro Shaman and Dragon Warrior are already so powerful and are still going to improve, and then when the Beast Druid is about to get ridiculously strong.

I mean if you wanna talk about curve

I bet it works really well until rank 19 too lol
You know it babe.

Bazkip

Smash Master
?

Also I found the unicorn priest.
So there's that Smash Masters thing going on now at Smash Con, which is an exhibition tournament where the players play in the four official titles

When they started up 64 they said it's the greatest game ever made
And D1 started saying "Well that's subjective"
And they were like "Nah we mean any of the Smash games"
Someone else says "The four best games ever made"
And Reslived says "No, five...3DS and Wii U!"
And then D1 starts giving reasons why 3DS couldn't be allowed
But we all know
What they were really talking about

Leafeon

Verdant Pokémon
so this is late but I went to battle above the clouds after like 2 months of not playing and had to face kipcom
I was like lucas who is this character
didn't know what to do
got bopped
and I'm still not sure what to do
but lately I'm more interested in pokken.

Lizalfos

Smash Master
d1 is a jabroni
Lmao, wikipedia has an articles for jabroni and kayfabe.
So there's that Smash Masters thing going on now at Smash Con, which is an exhibition tournament where the players play in the four official titles

When they started up 64 they said it's the greatest game ever made
And D1 started saying "Well that's subjective"
And they were like "Nah we mean any of the Smash games"
Someone else says "The four best games ever made"
And Reslived says "No, five...3DS and Wii U!"
And then D1 starts giving reasons why 3DS couldn't be allowed
But we all know
What they were really talking about
Project Mystery's Disappearance still puzzles me to this day.

Top Bottom