• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Player -0

Smash Hero
Dude I could be in a virtual reality thing where I don't have memories of then so I get genuine feels of shet I'm gonna die. You guys could be fake too.

This is so messed up.

My computer sucks too so I can't even play bad games.

Edit - When I talk about this I subject other people to life questioning too but it's spooky not to share too.

Sorry guys. I'll probably spoiler this stuff in the future

Last edited:

Player -0

Smash Hero
I can't even be mad at Dota anymore.

I think I'll go insane if I die and I wake up from a simulation. I'd then have to figure out if that simulation was a simulation too.

I can't even get frozen from being scared about death or I'll die of fear. This is messed uppp

Ningildo

Smash Journeyman
Dude I could be in a virtual reality thing where I don't have memories of then so I get genuine feels of shet I'm gonna die. You guys could be fake too.

This is so messed up.

My computer sucks too so I can't even play bad games.

Edit - When I talk about this I subject other people to life questioning too but it's spooky not to share too.

Sorry guys. I'll probably spoiler this stuff in the future
Even if it were true, then what? Go on a massive crimespree because "this isn't real anyway"? Flip out?

Next you're going to tell me everything that's happening to you was pre coded in, so the system could be lying to you with me saying this.

Which is completely false, because if anyone would be stuck in a virtual reality world, it would be me, because I'm the main character.

Seriously, though, if you feel like talking about this kind of thing, feel free to hmu on discord, here or wherever. I got plenty of time.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
nah, the second you take out the rubber banding the game just becomes a worse trackmania where you can nudge your opponents every once in a while. I actually found a "competitive" MK scene (6v6 and goes over 12 races per-set, IIRC?) and the weird item play requires you to be incredibly consistent and deal with scenarios you might never have to touch on ever again, it's neat
Well removing Rubber Banding isn't removing items, just speed boosts for being behind. And not skillful speed boosts, like directly trailing an opponent for less air friction, just "Oh the game gives you 10mph bonus for being not in first, enjoy catching up even if you don't otherwise deserve to!"

I think people would appreciate the skill of 1st place using Drift Hop to dodge a Blue Shell, or some skillful item usage to defend, or even clutch item pulls from behind, not "Ted" in 2nd place catching up because the game decided to artificially boost the speed of his go-kart.

Ted talked to Sakurai and got that patch put in, so he can compete. Don't be Ted

Last edited:

Bleck

Smash Master
a competitively-oriented mario kart mode should keep rubber banding but take out homing items like red shells and map-wide items like lightning bolts (in fact mario kart should just ditch the lightning bolt entirely, it's awful, always has been and always will be)

This is so messed up.
If you define real by what you can see or taste or touch, then real is just electrical signals interpreted by your brain. Worrying about whether or not things are real - which is a false dichotomy at best - will only lead to stress at best, or a mental breakdown at worst.

Player -0

Smash Hero
Even if it were true, then what? Go on a massive crimespree because "this isn't real anyway"? Flip out?

Next you're going to tell me everything that's happening to you was pre coded in, so the system could be lying to you with me saying this.

Which is completely false, because if anyone would be stuck in a virtual reality world, it would be me, because I'm the main character.

Seriously, though, if you feel like talking about this kind of thing, feel free to hmu on discord, here or wherever. I got plenty of time.
It might've been.

Talking about it more will likely only make it come to the top of my mind more. There's not really a solution or anything so whole it sounds kind of dumb to do because it's going to happen anyway I'm trying to "forget about it" so to speak

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
What the what is even going on in here right now? O_o

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
He's a piece of **** in practice, so it doesn't matter what he thinks, and so am I, which is why I would know.

Last edited:

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
I met the guidance counselor of my university this morning, and she had me switched to a minor in mathematics so I can keep doing classes I can credit to my maths/phys degree if I can keep a 2.0 average after passing 10 classes.

So let's shoot for a 3.0 at least. Can't keep wasting my time(and my parents' money).

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
Just curious, but how did you manage to get such a low GPA (in your major's classes I assume)?
I'm not proud of it, but 0 studying, and not showing up to class for some courses.
I've never really learned to study because of how my high school worked, and back then skipping a class had no consequences(since it was basically all self-study). I kind of went the same in college, and I passed just fine because college is a joke here. Didn't expect to get hit so hard in university. Felt really dumb sitting in her office trying to explain why my grades suck so bad.

Nausicaa

Smash Lord
Player -0 Player -0
As far as a human (a being flowing in this stream of life experience blah blah) could tell, wouldn't being EXACTLY HERE be EXACTLY what you would do, if you COULD do anything? (were the universe itself, or any other conscious enigma fathomable)

I don't see why I'd do anything else but master limitation and send myself to a tiny pocket (or all the pockets) of some form of existence and simply BE.

Oh, and I'm playing Smash again
What character(s) should I play first/main/whatever?

So modding has exploded. I can't even keep up with any of the jargon it seems, and all the stuff I did 2-3 years ago has mutated into craziness.
This community is crazy.

Last edited:

CORY

wut
BRoomer
but m2k said he's garbage and entirely unviable in pm.

and we all know that m2k is the epitome of balanced, rational thought processes, not prone to knee jerk reactions at all.

Lizalfos

Smash Master
I went downtown for fireworks with my grandmother and insufferable sister. What a waste of time. Then got stuck in parking garage with rednecks, wasting more time. Cars shouldn't have horns.

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
Lizalfos Lizalfos Family that one hasn't chosen are generally more hassle than they're worth. The instant you don't have to deal with people like them, don't deal with them at all.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????

plup is the hero we need, but not the hero we deserve

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
What could be more American than lighting up Chinese Pyrotechnics???

Nausicaa

Smash Lord
Played a bunch today. Was with 2 others and ended up just playing the characters they were playing against each other (opposite of dittos I guess... same match-ups but different player whatever that kind of thing is)

First smash in a year and got it recorded. Crazy fun. Will get them uploaded on youtube this week and plan to keep doing that. Messed up the audio though, totally didn't plug in the red RCA cable. lul

No MK or Wolf or DK
TY for suggestions anyway
they were bad suggestions harharhar

Peach, Sheik, Zelda, Pika, and Ness

and Lyn because she's probably my favorite character

Top Bottom