• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Lizalfos

Smash Master
If you could choose the dimension you would live/perceive in, which would it be and why?

I feel like people who describe the 4th dimension as time when moving from the progression of 2D, 3D, ... are blowing smoke up my ass. That is a huge assumption. When we are talking about spatial dimensions, why would you change the subject to time.

Also bull****ters saying quantum mechanics shows the universe only exists with conscious observers, else the whole universe would be in superposition. Pretty sure when you say "observed" when talking about quantum mechanics, you mean "interacting with energy (and thus matter and so-on). Pls stop trying to force physics into new age spirituality. There is nothing magical about consciousness, it follows all the same physical rules as the rest of the universe.

Last edited:

CORY

wut
BRoomer
overnight my phone's battery managed to entirely drain itself, from pretty much entirely full. i woke up to it buzzing at me and thought i had missed a text or something. no idea what made it do that : /

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Help me body this fraudster. it burns.
Isn't calling the 4th dimension time very misleading? You started at 2 then moved to 3 spatial dimensions, but suddenly you added a temporal dimension. By glossing over the change you miss an important distinction, temporal dimensions are considered unidirectional whereas spatial are considered bidirectional. Time is asymmetric, or non-reversible, primarily due to the 2nd law of thermodynamics. You seem agree with this unidirectionality, because you never suggest "walking" back in time as per your analogy. You further mislead with your analogy by suggesting instantaneous travel is possible with higher dimensions. The ant never "magically transports" from one place to the next on his 2D plane because the supposedly 2D plane is actually 3D. For example, if you believed the Earth was essentially flat, and you traveled across the world in a straight line, eventually finding yourself at your starting point; then you would conclude, barring any mistakes in your navigation, the Earth is a sphere. You would not conclude that you physically teleported once reaching a certain boundary, even though you could abstract the three-dimensionality as such on a 2D map. All your ant tells us is the existence of higher dimensions can very easily go unobserved unless actively measuring for them. For seemingly magical and instantaneous transport, you would require an observer who is unable to observe the 3rd dimension, and one who is able to traverse in 3D. While the observer will see the traverser disappear when he leaves the 2D plane it will be notable that the traverser's reemergence in a different location will not be instant in any case.
it never gets better
/nerdrage
Precal teacher lied to me. 0^0 isn't always undefined. It is actually frequently treated as 1 to avoid adhocing rules for zero.
Educator scum.
e: Actually all my teachers just neglected to accurately define undefined, so it would represent multiple possibilities instead of an impossibility.
Educating scum.
Code:
 x = y
divide y from both sides
x/y = 1
0/0 = 1 at the origin
because division is defined in terms of multiplication it  is better to represent it as f(a,b)         b * x  = a
This is an ∃mergency guys.

Last edited:

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
Applied for a job yesterday, got a call today from a private number but I just barely missed it
If that was them I hope they call back ;_;

Rawkobo

Smash Ace
Hugo in Third Strike is probably some of the most fun I've had with a fatty in a traditional fighter.

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again

welcome to wavedash games, we're giving you...

black pharah?

altho tbf I'm very much about a "mascot character" being a woman of color sign me up

those textures and shaders could use some work tho

Last edited:

Player -0

Smash Hero
as mentioned before it's going to be hard to "like" these characters because they have no real history behind them or anything as opposed to Smash where you pretty much know everyone

but I hope the talker guy gets more comfortable later. He's really formal and stuff which is nice but he gives off the impression of being kinda spooky because he never blinks and stuff.

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
Looks kinda bad, but I guess it's too early to really judge her. I really like her portrait, but her in-game model and even the concept art in the video look considerably worse. She looks like a person trying to cosplay as a character instead of being an actual character herself... If that makes sense.

Binary Clone

Easy Money since 1994

welcome to wavedash games, we're giving you...

black pharah?

altho tbf I'm very much about a "mascot character" being a woman of color sign me up

those textures and shaders could use some work tho
Okay real talk though, this guy is definitely a lizard person

Just look at how unnatural it is for him to blink. Look how hard he has to try to make his fake human eyes close and open. His piercing wide eyed stare never wavers from the camera. His hair is well-groomed and meticulous, but almost purposefully not quite perfect. His gesticulations are forced and wooden. His hands seem to only be capable of a relaxed open position and a loose pointing position, with no indication that he can even make the crude approximation of human appendages do anything else.

The proof is all there in front of us

Strong Badam Strong Badam please confirm

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Memes and jokes are nice and all but that's my friend and colleague, dude. It's gettin weird in here and I'm not a fan.

Last edited:

CORY

wut
BRoomer
Looks kinda bad, but I guess it's too early to really judge her. I really like her portrait, but her in-game model and even the concept art in the video look considerably worse. She looks like a person trying to cosplay as a character instead of being an actual character herself... If that makes sense.
Just a disclaimer: I'm nit trying to start ****, I'm just asking a legitimate question.

Alright, so, to preface, I guess I should ask how you feel about a character like Pharah. Do you like her basic concept and design? If yes, what about it so you like?

And then, if yes, also: what makes her design different/better than the ashani one?

why are her feet so tiny?
After actually getting to see the video, that was one of the first things that came to mind. I'll ask about it on the fb page, I guess.

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
Just a disclaimer: I'm nit trying to start ****, I'm just asking a legitimate question.

Alright, so, to preface, I guess I should ask how you feel about a character like Pharah. Do you like her basic concept and design? If yes, what about it so you like?

And then, if yes, also: what makes her design different/better than the ashani one?
I like Pharah! When I look at her, I feel like I can immediately determine what kind of character she is. She holds her rocket launcher like a typical soldier would and many of her stances/animations support the idea of being a soldier. I get a very serious, disciplined, yet elegant vibe from her. She also has a giant jetpack and bird-like armor, so I can get a pretty good idea of what I'm going to be doing while playing as her. I even get a hint of her background what with her eye of horus tattoo/facepaint.

Comparing Ashani's design to Pharah's is kind of unfair, because one character is finished while the other isn't. Pharah looks like a complete character, while Ashani looks more like one of the throw-away headshots in this trailer. Looking at Ashani, the only thing I can really determine about who she is or what she does is that maybe she's good at punching stuff with her comically giant hands? I think her portrait does a better job at conveying the type of character she is due to the electricity coming from her hand, the motion blur affecting the other, and her face actually having an expression... But her concept art and in-game model completely lack those things. Overall she just looks very bland in comparison to Pharah.

Last edited:

Binary Clone

Easy Money since 1994
Memes and jokes are nice and all but that's my friend and colleague, dude. It's gettin weird in here and I'm not a fan.
Okay okay my bad.

Is there anything you can tell us about the game though? I do like the first reveal, but I'm curious about the other characters. I haven't been following the twitter super carefully but the AMA said "We've already prototyped five different characters which include: Balanced, Rush Down, Projectile Zoning, Heavyweight, and a super secret original character design".

Are those still the main characters being worked on? How many projectiles does the projectile zoning character have, and is it more like a PM Tink projectile character? More about combos and extensions and covering options to approach as a more aggressive projectile character?

All jokes aside, I do like what I'm seeing out of Wavedash Games more and more.

Not strictly TOP tier or anything, but the best fatty in any fighting game I've played was probably Skullgirls' Big Band.
But DK won a national in PM, he's top tier now, so he has to be the best fatty

Last edited:

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
There's not much I can say. Contracts and stuff, and also I think it'll be better if people learn later. I leave the information divulging to our PR team, who handled this reveal nicely. I know we'll be giving more information in the coming weeks so just keep your eyes peeled at our social media outlets if you're hungry for info.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
I like Pharah! When I look at her, I feel like I can immediately determine what kind of character she is. She holds her rocket launcher like a typical soldier would and many of her stances/animations support the idea of being a soldier. I get a very serious, disciplined, yet elegant vibe from her. She also has a giant jetpack and bird-like armor, so I can get a pretty good idea of what I'm going to be doing while playing as her. I even get a hint of her background what with her eye of horus tattoo/facepaint.

Comparing Ashani's design to Pharah's is kind of unfair, because one character is finished while the other isn't. Pharah looks like a complete character, while Ashani looks more like one of the throw-away headshots in this trailer. Looking at Ashani, the only thing I can really determine about who she is or what she does is that maybe she's good at punching stuff with her comically giant hands? I think her portrait does a better job at conveying the type of character she is due to the electricity coming from her hand, the motion blur affecting the other, and her face actually having an expression... But her concept art and in-game model completely lack those things. Overall she just looks very bland in comparison to Pharah.
That all makes a lot of sense and your rationale is completely agreeable. I think I read your initial statements incorrectly.

Binary Clone

Easy Money since 1994
That all makes a lot of sense and your rationale is completely agreeable. I think I read your initial statements incorrectly.
I feel like it's also a matter of how much content we have to look at.

We have right now one pose, and one single super early pre-alpha attack animation. That's not a lot to get a sense of a character from. But we can really tell just from that one pose that she is an intense/dangerous character (as opposed to a carefree/casual fighter type archetype) that is fast and might use electricity in attacks. That seems like a good bit to me. For someone like Pharah's design, she has the benefit of being finished, so even just a screenshot or official art of her probably gives more of a sense of her, but we're also kind of biased just by virtue of knowing the character more from all of the voice lines and various poses and abilities we know about from her actual games. I mean, think about Falcon. People love that character, he's iconic, and people get hype about him. But just looking at his character, I don't think most people would be able to tell much about him or how he plays or anything like that, but the "show me your moves" pose still looks good to us just by virtue of knowing his character. I'm probably just rambling though.

It also kind of looks like the art we got is like half of the actual full pose. I'd really like to see the full pose soon if it exists. But I dunno, I feel like it gives a good sense of character already just from what we've seen. She's using some kind of exosuit thing, almost Iron Man-esque, with lights/bulk focused on her legs and gauntlets, which does imply to me that she moves fast and hits hard, which from the video sounds like the archetype they're going for.

All in all I'm pretty fond of this reveal. I hope we can see more of her moveset or preliminary animations sometime soon. This has got more of my attention now for sure.

Charoite

Smash Journeyman
The model looks like injustice level of bad combined with the low poly model, look like some mortal kombat game from the ps2 era, and i dont think this is how you reveal characters, just look at smash 4, SF V,BB,and GG newcomers trailers, a character needs to be show in motion, because that's half the character personality,hell if you compare the idle animation to Captain Falcon you can see how much better Cap animation is at showing this personality.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
"I'm super excited to be able to reveal to you the very first character from wavedash games, her name is b̶l̶a̶c̶k̶ ̶f̶e̶m̶a̶l̶e̶ ̶C̶a̶p̶t̶a̶i̶n̶ ̶F̶a̶l̶c̶o̶n̶ Ashani."

Also that dude is definitely like an alien or something. In a human suit. Lizard person also totally plausible

Last edited:
Top Bottom