• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

KakuCP9

What does it mean to be strong?
Apparently, there were impatient people doling out Melee chants during the Guilty gear finals at CEO. I honestly thought Melee fans would dig GG .-.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Don't forget the 5 scoops of the Earth's mantle.
I hate trying to blend it in. Can never find a good blender that doesn't break down after one use.

Apparently, there were impatient people doling out Melee chants during the Guilty gear finals at CEO. I honestly thought Melee fans would dig GG .-.
I hope it happens again at EVO. Anime gets booed and Melee gets crapped on. It's a win-win.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
ssb4 continues to be fun to watch

anyone who wants 3 stock is out of their mind tho, the reason this works is because characters lasting forever is offset by treating stocks like rounds

Rawkobo

Smash Ace

anyone who wants 3 stock is out of their mind tho, the reason this works is because characters lasting forever is offset by treating stocks like rounds
Larry makes me want to pick up the game and play Fox again.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931

3 stock is not a crazy idea. I think majority of tournament players prefer 3 stock, this has been polled before. The issue is when huge tournaments that run multiple brackets (CEO, APEX, MLG, EVO, anything of that caliber) use 2 stock because of legit time constraints, entire regions and locals follow suit so that their players are best prepared for the rules used at the Nationals. The only way for 3 stock to gain a real foothold, is for Smash 4 TO's to host their own large events that don't include multiple huge games. It's unrealistic to ask for 3 stock at events like CEO: Smash already takes up a lot of time in comparison to other fighting games and we do not have the luxury of asking for more time. Otherwise, we'd start turning big events into 4 Day Golf Tournaments.

If people want 3 stock, best way is to host their own large events that don't include a ton of other brackets. We can't ask to be in the lineup of EVO, MLG, CEO, APEX, and then complain our timeslot (which literally may be triple+++ some other fighting games) isn't large enough to run 3 stock.

TheDarkMysteryMan

Banned via Warnings
alas, i am alone again... in-fact as stereotypical as it sounds, none even knew it was my birthday today. No drinks, no cakes, not even a single "Happy birthday to you"

But i was told by my little brother that he would show up and take me out for some Cosco.

When god closes a door, he opens a little, and any breath of fresh air is more than enough for me, i suppose. At least with brothers we have that hard wired into our brains. HA HA Ha ha...ha...

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
Bo5 rounds is also preferable in a fighting game, as is any other form of consistency, that doesn't mean the reasoning behind such complaints is valid

literally every other fighting game has matches that can end quickly on one end, and time out on the other. street fighter 4 was a game where a round could last the whole 99 seconds, or it could look like

smash isn't special in this regard, it's just something players aren't used to and that's on them

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
E S P O R T S B A Y B A Y
O N E U N I T G O I N G S T R O N G
W H A T I S S P O R T S M A N S H I P ?

le_cain_face_by_shinytotodile-d8jvw5q.png

TheDarkMysteryMan TheDarkMysteryMan , Happy Birthday!
Mine was yesterday, so welcome to the "One Year Closer To The First Day Of The Rest Of Your Life" club!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

so we have a texas tournament coming up in august called clutch city some **** and apparently you can pay $50 for a 30 minute coaching session with mike haze. i think thats really the saddest **** ive ever heard, so im also going to be doing coaching at the event absolutely free. holy **** money ruins the **** out of smash. like get a ****ing dayjob jesus christ

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Can anyone recommend me some good anime that's not full of stupid tropey hyper-anime waifu bull****?

Yes, I'm already watching Stein's;Gate.
Chrono Crusade.

First half of Death Note (second half doesn't have it either but it just kinda sucks compared to the first half). You've probably already seen it doe. Def give Chrono Crusade a gander for sure though, I really liked that one.

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
Can anyone recommend me some good anime that's not full of stupid tropey hyper-anime waifu bull****?

Yes, I'm already watching Stein's;Gate.
Serial Experiments Lain
Evangelion
Mushi-shi
Kara no Kyoukai
Trigun
Terra e...
Kino no Tabi
Saikano
Haibane Renmei
Psycho-Pass
Ookami to Koushinryou
Hourou Musuko
Cowboy Bebop

Last edited:

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
Frost | Odds Frost | Odds Armored Trooper Votoms, Berserk, Blue Comet SPT Layzner, Darker Than Black, Fate/Zero, Fist of the North Star, Getter Robo, Ghost in the Shell, Gundam 0080, Gundam 00, Jormungand, Knights of Sidonia, Legend of Galactic Heroes, Maoyuu Maou Yuusha, Monster, Overlord, Parasyte, Record of Lodoss War, Space Adventure Cobra, Spice and Wolf, and Vampire Hunter D.

Top Bottom