• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Lizalfos

Smash Master
The rich and powerful were going to be in control either way, but if the UK leaves the EU, then they're just making it that much easier for those corrupt scum in high places to do their thing. And for what? For..."independence"? How absurd.
Dude what are you talking about. The EU is good for Britain because they get the trade w/o the bad currency, but representatives to the EU are appointed, not elected, making it far more susceptible to corruption by people with power.
another chapter in the big book of white folk screwin' things up
They are their own sovereign country, so if they want to leave they should. Honestly the EU should operate more democratically and then it can implement the federalist policies it needs so it can actually function. The problem with federalism is that it always put authority above democracy. It has lots of good ideas, but they never gain traction because they never appeal to the people.
mfw ukip kills the uk and causes northern ireland and scotland to split off and re-join the EU
This needed to happen too. Many people clearly weren't happy with the direction of the country already. This doesn't really hurt stability in my mind, because as long as all these countries are functioning democracies, nothing crazy can happen that quickly.
the realization of what today is an anniversary of in the pro wrestling world, means I should prrrrobably get off the internet for a while, lest I become permanently trenched into a fetal position for the lest of my life

goodnight, thread

https://superblizzard.bandcamp.com/track/the-show-must-go-on

Code:
The best in the world
But we didn't read the signs
And the pills and the falls you took every night
They tore apart your mind
And now you're a monster
And nobody says your name
And where once there was pride, where once there was love
There now is only shame

But the show must go on
The show must go on
Even when madness takes what you love
The show must go on
nine years ago, my hero turned into a monster. because pro wrestling demanded it.
chris benoit, had he not done this, would have likely died only seven months later. his mind, and his body, were of someone over twice his age.
all because of the very job he loved. a business that told him he needed to bulk up, that every hit he'd take to the head was something to be proud of, that taking breaks is weak.
christ, today isn't a very happy day for anyone, is it?
I mean if that was his passion in life then I think it is worth dying for.

Good job.
Looks like it is stabilizing. It will probably go get a bit better in the coming months. Markets always overreact, so it will probably get to a more reasonable place. This is clearly economically a poor choice for Britain, but I think most people who voted exit made it as a political choice. The real lesson is that the EU really sucks and maybe if it was good people wouldn't constantly bag on it or try to leave. The EU is like an even less effective UN, except ridiculously all the countries involved share a currency. Because nobody is elected to it and countries worry about sovereignty it is completely neutered. It is a case of do it right or don't do it at all. The EU needs to function as well if not better than the US banking system if it wants to meet it's goals.
Top quality content as always. What do you do these days JOE?

Last edited:

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Why wasn't MN9 just really derivative. There is no shame in that. I don't see where development could have gone so wrong. Assuming, they used 2.5d in order to make animation easier and so on. I get game dev is hard, but game breaking bugs are unacceptable in any game, even it is a free flash game. They even used Unreal Engine. Shouldn't that nearly guarantee the game is technically sound? Doesn't that handle a lot of the workflow? I really wonder where the project fell apart?

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
Oh ****
CSA is recruiting astronauts for 2017

Too bad it requires at least a bachelor's in a science field + 3 years experience and I graduate in 2018
):

I wanna go in space

Rawkobo

Smash Ace
Still can't get over how in the hours following this referendum, there are people who literally had no clue what they were voting for and assumed that "leave" would have zero repercussions. How do you even.

Only real good thing today is that my antibiotics are gradually kicking my infection to the curb. So thankful, I just want this all to be over and done with.

Bleck

Smash Master
Bleck Bleck my Facebook feed had your post on UK independence immediately preceding a post celebrating it, so I thought that was humourous.
this is sadly not the first time someone's told me this today~

They are their own sovereign country, so if they want to leave they should. Honestly the EU should operate more democratically and then it can implement the federalist policies it needs so it can actually function. The problem with federalism is that it always put authority above democracy. It has lots of good ideas, but they never gain traction because they never appeal to the people.
democracy is kind of a joke though

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
Democracy is the worst form of government. ...Except for all the other forms that have been tried.

Last edited:

Lizalfos

Smash Master
this is sadly not the first time someone's told me this today~

democracy is kind of a joke though
Agreed. Most things are though. Basically government in general. But for all practical purposes democracy makes people feel in control and seems to stave off war.
So tradeoffs.
- - -
SexismSTEM.PNG

I chuckled, but why? DAW users aren't your Frat.

Last edited:

PMS | LEVEL 100 MAGIKARP

Hologram Summer Again
I mean I guess by democratic principles you can't blame the people who voted leave for financially ****ing themselves over

but you most definitely can blame them for financially ****ing a whole lot of other people over

CORY

wut
BRoomer
cutting fat. i had more fat on me than i expected when i started to bulk at the start of the year, so my fat cutting is taking a bit more than expected (but going slower works better for me, anyway).

not going to try and bulk again until after my brother's wedding, though.

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
Seeing as how drastic changes in mass which occur in short amounts of time are terrible for living things as a general rule, I've never been able to figure out any reasons why people resort to those two tactics. ...Other than impulsiveness and vanity.

Isn't doing things gradually safer, and also better for one's health and happiness in the long run?

Last edited:

Life

Smash Hero
So long as we're on the subject, AFAICT the reason people want to get fit really quick is that sticking to a fitness program for any extended period of time is actually really hard for a lot of people. (Not that it's a good idea ofc.)

Last edited:

CORY

wut
BRoomer
assuming your baseline fitness is sound (ie, you haven't been sitting on your ass with little other physical activity for several years), you can actually start into fitness programs pretty easily, so long as you don't start trying to deadlift 200 pounds to start or something crazy.

it also requires you to be honest with yourself and know how to properly set up your baselines, which a lot of people aren't capable of doing on their own. you can start a basic lifting routine and increase all of your weights by... like, 5 pounds a session, each session for at least a year, without too much trouble (assuming you set your baseline properly and follow the routine consistently).

all of this can also be done mostly independent of bulk/cut phases, just with a reduced "gains", as it were (referring to gains in your lifting weights, and not really in terms of [muscle]mass).

Nixie

Smash Journeyman
this is the best thing to have ever come from awakening

Last edited:

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Baby is the most pure form of protein but is too expensive and is only recommended if you don't want carbs/fat in your protein.

Nixie

Smash Journeyman
ah, it's really nice to see someone else feel the same way i do towards pikachu

Top Bottom