• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
So, I made another vid; this time going over some of the best ways to take the ledge, and why its important to do so. Pretty short this time around...was thinking about doing an analysis of a video to cover the same idea (specifically M2K vs Arcana), but ZSS's recovery has changed a decent amount from back then.

Check it out, yo

I'll probably have a new one out relatively soon, going over the 3.6 Full patch notes

Javln Mastr

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Modernlykos
3DS FC
3823-8516-1685
3.6 full released

Brawl coming back to Xanadu-- ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

--with MK and ICs banned
Really?! Brawl is back? That's awesome, I've been eager to see where the meta is at in recent times. Are the bans local or universal?

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Really?! Brawl is back? That's awesome, I've been eager to see where the meta is at in recent times. Are the bans local or universal?
There's no such thing as universal. Each TO is sovereign and decides his ruleset. So, local. :D

Last edited:

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
So, why did they nerf so many characters that weren't even that good? I don't get it.
Like what? Only badish characters this patch that got net nerfs are ness losing broken dtilt, ivy if you want to count pummel heal reverted back to 1%, or dk if you count losing double side b styling

Last edited:

Braggins

Smash Apprentice
DDD got slight buffs, roy only had one change from beta to full and it was a bair buff.
I meant from 3.5 -> 3.6. I don't know if that changes anything. My impression was they both got slightly nerfed, but I would love to be wrong about that.

Last edited:

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
:bowser2: can no longer side b back throw people at the ledge and get back to it in time. He falls too fast from the klaw itself and dies in the process...Guess :bowser2: has to land on stage now to do it. Not such a bad change, but weird.

Edit: :bowser2: is back to being usable! I'll take my rightful throne as King of the Koopa's while the others like Darkbluez, Odds, and Deff fight for title of the 2nd best :bowser2:.

:018:

Last edited:

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Rise and shine

I was awake during that time. Good thing I wasn't on SWF/FB though. I needed my sleep gains cause yesterday was back/bicep day..
3.6 full released

Brawl coming back to Xanadu-- ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

--with MK and ICs banned

Oh sweet Cena. It's like Christmas. I hope MK/IC is banned at Smashfest.

Last edited:

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Spot Dodges and Rolls have been normalized.:

Rolls (before): http://i.imgur.com/vFXWwHG.png
Rolls (after): http://i.imgur.com/o2HkGsV.png
Spotdodges (before): http://i.imgur.com/UJ5gVIM.png
Spotdodges (after): http://i.imgur.com/JpMhFdb.png

Some characters' defensive options have gotten worse. Some have gotten better.
Any more info to give regarding every aspect? Was it a tough decision, who came up with it/why not done sooner,why were Yoshi/Mewtwo kept, etc.

SunJester

Smash Ace
I meant from 3.5 -> 3.6. I don't know if that changes anything. My impression was they both got slightly nerfed, but I would love to be wrong about that.
Roy is definitely nerfed from 3.5->3.6. But to say that Roy wasn't that good in 3.5 is flat out wrong, especially considering a lot of people considered him top 5 in that patch.

Also for whatever its worth, (I mean the patch has only been out for a few hours) Ripple thinks D3 might be better in 3.6 than 3.5.

MLGF

Smash Lord
Kinda annoyed by my performance at Blacklisted...
But hey, I played a bunch of Ikes...

And proved I am alpha Ike. Fear me, rawr.

Last edited:

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Huh, so this blogpost was about the troubles you were having with implementing the new Bowser grab. No wonder 3.6 took so long.
Had nothing to do with bowsers new throw... Idk how you would even come to that conclusion after reading the blogpost haha. It's about throw release points of all throws throughout the game.

Last edited:

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Had nothing to do with browsers new throw... Idk how you would even come to that conclusion after reading the bogpost haha. It's about throw release points of all throws throughout the game.
I think he might have been joking?

Lizalfos

Smash Master
So today I went to the 4th floor and learned that they are all *******.

They had a sweet illegal setup with cable and stuff. They had a SNES and GC, and in the GC was Melee. Didn't say anything really until one of the guys asked if we wanted to play Smash. He asked who was good and I consider myself to be terribad. They play without items, they have mains, they know who Mang0 is (they suggested that somebody play Kirby and that Mang0 used to play Kirby and I thought they were trolling). Falco main he says. Some DK stage with a waterfall, whatever it is semi competitive. The ensuing fight is Fsmashes and grounded lasers. My roommate says, woah you are so good at smash, I'd never do this well. I tell him to jump when lasering because it is better, he puts me down for me trying to tell him how to play Smash, so I start talking smack. He tells me to get out, and at first I think they are joking, as that was what they were doing earlier. They were pretty adamant so I just left. I meet a pretty cool kid in a different room that plays MK and SFIV. I come back and knock on the door, I tell them I'll put $10 on it, they turn me down.

Who goes through all the competitive motions and then doesn't even have the will to improve or compete? Dumbasses.

I'm Salty/Miffed the whole day. At the natural helper meeting I say something to provoke my natural helper (who said I was his favorite junior or some cute ****) and say I want to fight somebody, and ask my natural helper to fight me. He apparently is wrestling; I say I'll have to join the team just to fight him and talk a bunch of trash. I'm not super serious but I'm getting under this guy's skin because I'm basically just being a ****. We arm wrestle and of course I lose, but I talk more trash and I really want to wrestle now.

Does anybody know anything about real wrestling and what exercises should I do and what should I learn about first? I really want to **** some kids up.

mimgrim

Smash Hero

They had a sweet illegal setup with cable and stuff. They had a SNES and GC, and in the GC was Melee. Didn't say anything really until one of the guys asked if we wanted to play Smash. He asked who was good and I consider myself to be terribad. They play without items, they have mains, they know who Mang0 is (they suggested that somebody play Kirby and that Mang0 used to play Kirby and I thought they were trolling). Falco main he says. Some DK stage with a waterfall, whatever it is semi competitive. The ensuing fight is Fsmashes and grounded lasers. My roommate says, woah you are so good at smash, I'd never do this well. I tell him to jump when lasering because it is better, he puts me down for me trying to tell him how to play Smash, so I start talking smack. He tells me to get out, and at first I think they are joking, as that was what they were doing earlier. They were pretty adamant so I just left. I meet a pretty cool kid in a different room that plays MK and SFIV. I come back and knock on the door, I tell them I'll put $10 on it, they turn me down.

Who goes through all the competitive motions and then doesn't even have the will to improve or compete? Dumbasses.

I'm Salty/Miffed the whole day. At the natural helper meeting I say something to provoke my natural helper (who said I was his favorite junior or some cute ****) and say I want to fight somebody, and ask my natural helper to fight me. He apparently is wrestling; I say I'll have to join the team just to fight him and talk a bunch of trash. I'm not super serious but I'm getting under this guy's skin because I'm basically just being a ****. We arm wrestle and of course I lose, but I talk more trash and I really want to wrestle now.

Does anybody know anything about real wrestling and what exercises should I do and what should I learn about first? I really want to **** some kids up.
So much angst.

Brisk187

Smash Rookie
Idk how you would even come to that conclusion after reading the bogpost haha.
My b. I thought since you were implementing a new throw, there was trouble with its release point.
Mind telling me what brought up those release point issues? Were the coders just trying to make some supposedly trivial changes to throw trajectories, or was it something else?

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard

What in the world did I just read?
I made a tweet and scrubquotes retweeted it happy day
Don't just tell us, link it!

Last edited:

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
is there a DL for the old warioware? i liked it more than the new one tbh

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
there isn't really anything you can do other than practice the actual moves on another person
join the team and you'll learn through experience; that's how sports work

Top Bottom