• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

D

Deleted member

Narpas sword knows his stuff. I ain't even mad.

I just had a heated half-hour debate with my mother about why the world isn't flat. Sometimes, I just can't with this woman.
i mean, it is new jersey

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Narpas sword knows his stuff. I ain't even mad.

I just had a heated half-hour debate with my mother about why the world isn't flat. Sometimes, I just can't with this woman.
I'm having an odd day where I can't tell if a post is a joke or not. Is this a joke? Does she seriously think it's flat? Does she think there's a giant wall of ice surrounding the perimeter?

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
don't worry, he can just remove the SD card and suddenly that ledge will be his best friend

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
That Pranger guy apparently got fired for going on the podcast. I'm going to assume him being way too candid about Sakurai's ego is what got him ultimately canned.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
I remember one of the things I needed on Amazon was some kind of thing to turn my Light off from far away at night

Wait what podcast? what happened? nvm researching

Last edited:

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
That Pranger guy apparently got fired for going on the podcast. I'm going to assume him being way too candid about Sakurai's ego is what got him ultimately canned.
He also had some pretty scathing remarks about how Nintendo handles localization, too.

I can see why he got das boot, he kinda had it coming. There are some things you shouldn't say while under contract.

Smooth Criminal

Last edited:

Knux27

Smash Journeyman

Somehow, a model for Geno loaded instead of Rob in a PM Doubles match. Interesting.

Last edited:

CORY

wut
BRoomer
hrmmm... not what i was thinking of at all. cool then.

this is what i was thinking. literally half a gc controller, then half a fight stick, with a cstick down near where your thumb would be for flicking.

really rough, obviously. the gcc portion is mostly to scale (tried to trace around one i had at home).

also, no real way to create this at this point, just an interesting thought exercise.

cstick i feel should be modular or on some sort of movable and lockable platform, to accomodate different handsizes.
so, v.2.0. the right side needs to be reframed, but it's getting there. buttons will be offset with identical rectangles, staggered in some sort of proper form (think the way fightstick buttons are laid out, slightly arched). don't know what a good locking mechanism would be for the cstick island and it probably needs to be able to be extended outwards slightly, as well, in some way.

the only way to use a controller like this would be sitting down, so you could set it on your lap, but it would be an almost ideal claw setup, as the default, allowing tighter inputs and, in theory at least, less wrist/finger strain during high input situations. could also be cool to allow the buttons to be manually customized, so, like, open the case up and unplug the button's wire and replug it into the desired socket, so you can have your controls (mostly) preset as desired. that last part would be primarily a melee perk, but could allow for easier setup in smash titles with customizable controls as a standard.

Attachments

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
I showed up to our monthly late because work johns, couldn't even enter aumetur bracket. I just wanted to poop on bad people with gnw in maylay.

My back up plan was to play HnK all night because the venue had a cabinet. They replaced it with a CVS chaos cabinet. Why even live ;-;7

SpiderMad

Smash Master
so, v.2.0. the right side needs to be reframed, but it's getting there. buttons will be offset with identical rectangles, staggered in some sort of proper form (think the way fightstick buttons are laid out, slightly arched). don't know what a good locking mechanism would be for the cstick island and it probably needs to be able to be extended outwards slightly, as well, in some way.

the only way to use a controller like this would be sitting down, so you could set it on your lap, but it would be an almost ideal claw setup, as the default, allowing tighter inputs and, in theory at least, less wrist/finger strain during high input situations. could also be cool to allow the buttons to be manually customized, so, like, open the case up and unplug the button's wire and replug it into the desired socket, so you can have your controls (mostly) preset as desired. that last part would be primarily a melee perk, but could allow for easier setup in smash titles with customizable controls as a standard.
A guy did that you know right?

FPSWalrus

Smash Ace
NNID
TehKingOfWalrus
AZ is so ****ing hot i thought wearing my favorite hoodie in a book store would be ok but nooooooooo on the walk from the car to the store i almost ****ing died of heat exhaustion

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
im home alone for a whole weekend and the boredom is literally killing me

D

Deleted member

Paragon is now officially the largest Project M tournament ever, closing out at 383 entrants!
welp, i just got my plane ticket, got a new controller (unopened club nintendo mario hat from 2002 wtf), got a top end teammate, got the time off work

now all i need to do is be a good player or something

Last edited by a moderator:

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
welp, i just got my plane ticket, got a new controller (unopened club nintendo mario hat from 2002 wtf), got a top end teammate, got the time off work

now all i need to do is be a good player or something
and enter singles you piece of ****

SunJester

Smash Ace
I'm stupid-hyped for Paragon.

Nothing makes me happier than after PM has been dropped from so many majors, for the one major we have a shot at, and we make it huge. I remember paragon's organizer said he lost out of sponsorships because he wanted to run PM, and really needed the PM community to go big at this tourney. Its really nice to see when someone gives us an opportunity, that we take it as far as we can.

The player base showing up huge, the pot-bonus shirts?

Hopefully other TOs notice this and PM can show up at something like Genesis 3.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
help how do I airplanes
I have never flown to an event before
are these tickets google is bringing up... legit? If I leave friday and come back tuesday it's $187 with spirit? That's cheap af

Top Bottom