• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Sandfall

Stage Designer
Okay couple of things on 3.6 from the little I got to play it last night after downloading it and getting my custom content on it.

Still can't load the alternate Bowser Castle stage or the hidden alternates for the 2 64 stages. Would like to know if this is only my problem.

In My Music Saffron gets listed has having three pieces and PS2 listed as 5, however in game PS2 only plays Saffron's music and Saffron only plays PS2's music. Weird.

Wario Land is boring af and I have every intention of switching it back to WarioWare. Is I get the WarioWare from 3.6b it should be fine right? Since the only difference from Warioland in 3.6 full and WarioWare 3.6b is aesthetics right?

And oh my god at Bowser. So awesome.
The reason you're having those problems is because you copy/pasted your custom content to 3.6. The fact that the alt stages aren't loading means you're probably not using the 3.6 code set (.gct) either.

Last edited:

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
The reason you're having those problems is because you copy/pasted your custom content to 3.6. The fact that the alt stages aren't loading means you're probably not using the 3.6 code set (.gct) either.
Mysetup had the same problem and I didnt copy paste my custom stuff, I deleted 3.6b off my sd and then added the stuff after I put in 3.6,

steelguttey

mei is bei
You and Lpag also cancelled that friendlies thign where I was gonna show off secret 30XX zard hacks
tournaments end late and sleep is hard, sorry man i really wanted to see the shine you gave olimar the cool thingy you did with zard

JOE!

Smash Hero
How did you know that I made pikmin toss have the pikmin shine on impact with Reds having Fox Shine, Blues Falco's, and Yellows Wolf's?

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Three days of tournaments starting tomorrow, and I finally go back to college

My body is not ready

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Today, I allowed a swarm of sweat bees to feast upon the salt of my skin while waiting for my turn on the brush cut mower.

Sandfall

Stage Designer
I made a thing:

Now you all will be able to replace Brawl Castle Siege with something more competitive if you want. Probably gonna release this tomorrow.

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
^I swear, I keep seeing people use that stage base model a lot but I don't know where it actually comes from.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
^I swear, I keep seeing people use that stage base model a lot but I don't know where it actually comes from.
It may be from the SSE.

I like it, but, personally, I see absolutely nothing wrong with Brawl Castle Siege with no transformations.

Last edited:

Sandfall

Stage Designer
It may be from the SSE.

I like it, but, personally, I see absolutely nothing wrong with Brawl Castle Siege with no transformations.
This one goes over the alternate transforming Castle Siege. It doesn't replace the main static one :p

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
so paragon is gonna be my first big ass tournament how does pools work

is there any way to have me and standardtoaster in the same pool so i can **** talk his waifu and cyber bully him IRL while playing him

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Today, I giggled to myself for 5 minutes because I used the word "wiener" to refer to leftover bratwurst.

I am 21.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Have the codes to add our own L / Z stages into the blank spots been released yet?

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Just for the record, the best Brawl song is the Stickerbrush Symphony remix . It is such a step over the original in Country 2. That or K.K Cruisin'
It's like I'm really in 2008 again.

I made a thing:

Now you all will be able to replace Brawl Castle Siege with something more competitive if you want. Probably gonna release this tomorrow.
Eh, I don't think that "1 long top platform" stages are that good after playing all the different Norfair versions in PM.

Helsong

Smash Ace
Played a bit of Rising Thunder, still haven't quite decided on who I want to play yet. Really enjoying it, but being able to KADC your DPs is a bit...questionable. I think Vlad is my favorite for just how lovable those animations and win quotes are, and Talos is just really damn strong and fun to play, holy crap. Also, literally every singel Chel I run into online just bodies me horribly, more than any other character.

I'm glad to see they haven't touched Ike's QD going into 3.6 full, and ideally they don't....but it's also getting a bit tiring hearing so much salt about it. I get it, it's an amazing tool. Counterplay exists for it, but I swear it's complained about more in my smash friend group than Shine. At least I don't play Zelda....yet. Our Zelda player is drowning in everyone's salt right now.

@ Mansta Mansta I approve of your Mitsuru avi whole-heartedly.

Last edited:

Apollo Ali

Smash Journeyman
Friends, I had a blast commentating top 8 at Blacklisted. But one thing I noticed after commentating Shots Fired which I want to avoid this time is that while I rarely get truly negative feedback on my commentary, I also don't get to know a whole lot of discussion on my strengths and weaknesses as a commentator and how I can improve. I know Messi and myself really want to be the best we possibly can be and commentate more events. We've had some pretty big events under our belts and only want to improve and increase the amount of things we commentate. @The_NZA, @KhanYe and Colors are also hungry commentators.

Check it here:
https://www.reddit.com/r/SSBPM/comments/3hcjse/blacklisted_commentary_feedback_thread/

You can also just let us know here but a centralized place is good you know. Much love.

Last edited:

Manaconda

Smash Apprentice
So are these applicants chosen to debate character balance and character changes? Additions to the art crew? Playtesters? Or are they split apart of something? Or should I wait 2 days to find out?

NWRL

Smash Ace
Hey guys I have a question for you guys

This past Friday there was an event in my scene that I usually TO, with someone that I co-TO with. Now me and this TO have had kind of a falling out not too long ago, and I'm usually the one who does seeding and comes up with the stagelist. I was running really late to the event and duties fell on the other TO to handle seeding.

So in the hour between the event's start and my arrival, he had changed the stagelist completely, and seeded himself first in bracket. He used to get first consistently, but the scene has leveled up and he hasn't made top 5 in about two months. I wouldn't care about this normally but he also convinced the event host to make his stagelist official without speaking to me about the changes. I feel like they're trying to nudge me out of the TO position.

I have brought up my concerns with the event host, but I haven't gotten an answer back, and I am thinking about making a post on our Facebook group to let the community know that the TO who will be running events is doing things like this to benefit himself. Is this childish? Or are my concerns legitmate?

Last edited:

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
So are these applicants chosen to debate character balance and character changes? Additions to the art crew? Playtesters? Or are they split apart of something? Or should I wait 2 days to find out?
I hope I can apply for PR.

"When is 4.0 coming out?"

"When everyone looks really strong."

"Fox is nerfed. Please change it back."

"He looks strong already."

"Can we get _______ in the game?"

"No, you want Roman Reigns."

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
I hope I can apply for PR.

"When is 4.0 coming out?"

"When everyone looks really strong."

"Fox is nerfed. Please change it back."

"He looks strong already."

"Can we get _______ in the game?"

"No, you want Roman Reigns."
@Strong Bad pls accept Old man Grey to the pmdt PR team just so this can happen

Helsong

Smash Ace
Hey guys I have a question for you guys

This past Friday there was an event in my scene that I usually TO, with someone that I co-TO with. Now me and this TO have had kind of a falling out not too long ago, and I'm usually the one who does seeding and comes up with the stagelist. I was running really late to the event and duties fell on the other TO to handle seeding.

So in the hour between the event's start and my arrival, he had changed the stagelist completely, and seeded himself first in bracket. He used to get first consistently, but the scene has leveled up and he hasn't made top 5 in about two months. I wouldn't care about this normally but he also convinced the event host to make his stagelist official without speaking to me about the changes. I feel like they're trying to nudge me out of the TO position.

I have brought up my concerns with the event host, but I haven't gotten an answer back, and I am thinking about making a post on our Facebook group to let the community know that the TO who will be running events is doing things like this to benefit himself. Is this childish? Or are my concerns legitmate?
I can't speak as far as Smash-specific communities, but in these situations, there's a few details to consider:
Is this a consistent thing, or is this the first time this has happened with this TO?
When did you talk to the event host? If it was on Friday, then maybe give it a day or two, or ask him/her about your concerns again(politely) and see if s/he's had time to consider them.
Have you talked to the other TO and tried to reach an understanding? I understand this might not be a viable option, depending on the nature of your falling out. State your case, tell him that you don't like that he gave himself first seed and used his own stagelist without asking you.

I'm sure an actual TO can weigh in with better advice. I've run into/seen similar situations helping to organize other events(mostly game jams and a few japanese cultural functions), and these are usually important things to ask. It might not be a bad idea to confide in a friend that you have in the scene, ideally one who can keep their mouth shut and not spread this everywhere, but back you up if things go horribly south, and offer some advice. Any former or more experienced TOs you know? They'll be great resources too.

Last edited:

NWRL

Smash Ace
I can't speak as far as Smash-specific communities, but in these situations, there's a few details to consider:
Is this a consistent thing, or is this the first time this has happened with this TO?
When did you talk to the event host? If it was on Friday, then maybe give it a day or two, or ask him/her about your concerns again(politely) and see if s/he's had time to consider them.
Have you talked to the other TO and tried to reach an understanding? I understand this might not be a viable option, depending on the nature of your falling out. State your case, tell him that you don't like that he gave himself first seed and used his own stagelist without asking you.

I'm sure an actual TO can weigh in with better advice. I've run into/seen similar situations helping to organize other events(mostly game jams and a few japanese cultural functions), and these are usually important things to ask. It might not be a bad idea to confide in a friend that you have in the scene, ideally one who can keep their mouth shut and not spread this everywhere, but back you up if things go horribly south, and offer some advice. Any former or more experienced TOs you know? They'll be great resources too.
He's always given himself first seed when given the chance, I was just surprised to see him do it again when his highest placing in the past few months was like 9th.

I messaged the event host on Saturday, he's read the message on Facebook, but I'll probably wait a day or two before sending him another message.

I appreciate the advice, I actually spoke with my roommate about it, and he said to wait until the next event to see how things play out, and if it happens again then at that point it's time to say something.

Top Bottom