• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
I have no idea what else he could have been talking about by " the legendary 6 thing" other then Big Hero 6 (besides Disney owns Pixar anyway so tomato tamoto). So eh.
As a Pixar fan, there's a huge difference between Disney animation and Pixar. The way they build they're stories, the way they build their characters, they're not the same at all. Pixar is about pushing creativity, Disney is about money. That's not to say Pixar hasn't made bad films, Cars 2 comes to mind, but even then, it's still about crafting a world that pushes our imagination. Disney makes good movies, but they still reek of business suits.

PhantasyStar

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dyebre
3DS FC
1521-4107-6959
As a Pixar fan, there's a huge difference between Disney animation and Pixar. The way they build they're stories, the way they build their characters, they're not the same at all. Pixar is about pushing creativity, Disney is about money. That's not to say Pixar hasn't made bad films, Cars 2 comes to mind, but even then, it's still about crafting a world that pushes our imagination. Disney makes good movies, but they still reek of business suits.
Cars 3, Finding Dory, Toy Story 4...

Nausicaa

Smash Lord
I think you are talking about Big Hero 6.
No no, I mean the big 6 movies they made over the course of a dozen years after the makers of them sat down for coffee and decided to do it.
Wall-E, Up, The Incredible's, Ratatouille, Toy Story, and Finding Nemo

WHO'S HYPED FOR ANIMATION SCHOOL?

Only time you're ever allowed to be hyped for school!
Have you heard of Schoolism?

Last edited:

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
A Bug's Life doesn't count now? Pffft.

Now as to Kurri and Toy Story 4 hype, my issue is that the Toy Story..... story is over. The first was about accepting your personal limitations and joining together in a community of equals, the second was about coming to terms with your mortality and making the most out of your limited time together and the third is about saying goodbye, rejecting cynicism and going on a new journey. All in a Boyhood style of seeing Andy grow up with us.

They can keep making Toy Story shorts with Bonnie, just as they have been the last few years, and let the trilogy end where it thematically should.

Nausicaa

Smash Lord
A Bug's Life, Cars, all the sequels of things, etc, weren't part of their original plan.
There were 6 of them, they got together to plan 6 movies. Those were the 6, the rest were the extra-juice on the side.

Toy Story 3 ended perfectly, it'll be weird to see another.
Though I bet it'll be good... because Pixar wouldn't do it unless they REALLY knew what they were getting into. >_>

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
A Bug's Life doesn't count now? Pffft.

Now as to Kurri and Toy Story 4 hype, my issue is that the Toy Story..... story is over. The first was about accepting your personal limitations and joining together in a community of equals, the second was about coming to terms with your mortality and making the most out of your limited time together and the third is about saying goodbye, rejecting cynicism and going on a new journey. All in a Boyhood style of seeing Andy grow up with us.

They can keep making Toy Story shorts with Bonnie, just as they have been the last few years, and let the trilogy end where it thematically should.
I don't disagree with you, I just trust that Pixar will try their best not to sully the Toy Story name. I'd rather they stopped at 3, but if they think they can make another, so be it. But if it turns out bad, Pixar will be dead to me.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
Monsters University was a far greater movie than the original to me, speaking of Pixar sequels nobody wanted. Even if it did play with the typical slobs vs. snobs formula you see in movies. The way they resolved the conflict and tied it into Monsters, Inc was pretty awesome.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Monsters University and Toy Story 3 are exactly why I trust Pixar with Toy Story 4 and Finding Dory. Cars 3 can die though...

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
Personally I think Pixar peaked with WALL-E; nothing they've released since then has come close to it. I've heard some good things about Inside Out, but I'm skeptical.
Bad movie and bad for pixar are two different things.
Good movie and good kid's movie are also two different things.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
tfw m2k just now tries to get evo driving arrangements, even though he's not entering

lolm2k.JPG

lol m2k

I thought about offering but I'd rather have piece of mind for my solo drive tomorrow lol

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
Personally I think Pixar peaked with WALL-E; nothing they've released since then has come close to it. I've heard some good things about Inside Out, but I'm skeptical.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEVVVVVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043

Why?

Why does this work so damn well when it shouldn't?

Lost World really is a ****ing Mario game! lmao

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510

Why?

Why does this work so damn well when it shouldn't?

Lost World really is a ****ing Mario game! lmao
Things like this happening on the Wii U remind me of the early Wii modding videos I watched a long time ago.
I was a really big nerd when it came to modding back then and not being able to do stuff like this is the main thing holding me back from using my Wii U very often, so this is very exciting.

Last edited:

Nausicaa

Smash Lord
We host a lot of stuff at my place, and every year we host movie marathons.
We did Studio Ghibli earlier this year, 5 days with 5 movies each day, and this winter we're probably going for the Avengers super-hero movies and Pixar.
Triple marathons over December > February probs since we'll cycle back to Ghibli too.
Should be sexy.

Inside Out is very well put-together. The crafting of that movie is likely the most significant part of it. They're good at making movies, basically, so of course something specifically about personifying a bunch of emotions as someone is going through the whole life-experience thing, and build a world for those characters, is going to be amazing in those aspects.

A master-piece of story-telling is a little different. Wall-E is near the epitome of that as far as a movie as a medium goes for SURE.
Beats almost all other movies to-date really.

Good choice.

Last edited:

Nausicaa

Smash Lord
noon to after midnight woop
First day was Castle in the Sky, Grave of the Fireflies, the Cat Returns, From Up on Poppy Hill, Princess Mononoke
I missed the first 3 that day. Won't miss them next time.
Those last 2 are the sexiest though. :p
Edit: Nah those first 2 are amazing too... but I didn't get to see them.
Dangit too many good movies.

Last edited:

FPSWalrus

Smash Ace
NNID
TehKingOfWalrus
i finished jojos bizzare adventure: stardust crusaders, MUDAMUDAMUDAMUDA
ZA WARLDO
WRRRYYYY
where the **** is my epilogue and i checked the wiki is this how the advenure ends, well not that im not satisfied- it was fun

Last edited:

Saxophoneoftime

Smash Lord
noon to after midnight woop
First day was Castle in the Sky, Grave of the Fireflies, the Cat Returns, From Up on Poppy Hill, Princess Mononoke
I missed the first 3 that day. Won't miss them next time.
Those last 2 are the sexiest though. :p
Edit: Nah those first 2 are amazing too... but I didn't get to see them.
Dangit too many good movies.
You should check out Shinkai's movies; he pretty much makes Studio Ghibli movies better than Studio Ghibli. If you thought Princess Mononoke was sexy, you just wait until you watch Shinkai. Not only is the animaton is better, but his movies have better plots and more fleshed out character. I recommend The Children Who Chase Lost Voices to start out with.

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
i finished jojos bizzare adventure: stardust crusaders, MUDAMUDAMUDAMUDA
ZA WARLDO
WRRRYYYY
where the **** is my epilogue and i checked the wiki is this how the advenure ends, well not that im not satisfied- it was fun
Yes that is how part 3 ends, it has the weakest ending out of all the parts imo.

I can PM you where you can read the best translations of the manga if you plan on doing so. (you should be!!!!)

Last edited:

Bazkip

Smash Master
You can't make this **** up

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
Yo guys, I just got Capcom Vs. SNK 2 running...on a GameCube. Is there a decent fightstick adapter + Multi-plat Fightstick combo you guys know of to zero-to-death this woe-filled situation. (The GC controller is **** in this game)

Helsong

Smash Ace
Realized today that most of my drinking habits are just a way of covering up the fact that I'm actually kinda dissatisfied/unsure/being a ***** about my life lately. Makes no real sense considering my life, for all intents and purposes, is actually going incredibly well, what with the whole doing research on stuff I love, being paid to go to school, and having great friends. But then there's the consistent self-doubt despite the nice life. At least I'm not an alcoholic yet. Yet. Should probably take the minifridge out of my bedroom, that's really not helping things.

Dropping Ike as a main probably isn't helping things either. Well, not so much dropping as...not really having fun anymore? I'll keep him around considering I'm absolute trash with absolutely everyone else. Maybe I'll just play Fox. He's stupidly versatile, does cool ****, and seems like he matches with almost any playstyle/mentality. I'll give him a shot, even though I'm not so great at pushing lots of buttons. Bear with me as I flirt with the dark side.

Top Bottom