• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Leafeon

Verdant Pokémon
I've been screwed one too many times because of forgetting the goddamn wiimote. Happens every single time I try to bring a wii to a friend's house.

EDIT: and I'm too lazy for bootmii. As for the sensor bar, I thought a lighter worked just fine too
Bootmii was worth it

Believe me, I am the epitome of lazy, it's worth it

Mostly because it allows you to be lazier in the future with wiimotes

Last edited:

Binary Clone

Easy Money since 1994
Premium
I have an audition thing tomorrow for a freestyle dance show and I'm really anxious about it. I've done a lot of it by myself but I haven't been in or auditioned for a show before. Is scary.

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
By the way in other news, the new NorCal regional, following other major tournaments like The Next Episode and Do You Fox Wit It, is allegedly being named "I'M NOT YELLING!", which was inspired by this video:

Last edited:

Binary Clone

Easy Money since 1994
Premium
Wait hang on

I did a thing for practice, for the song I'm doing tomorrow. The beginning is super awkward ignore that.

If you hate electronic music please disregard.

Binary Clone

Easy Money since 1994
Premium
That was really good. Is that you in real life?
Yeah, that's me. Today, in my apartment, haha. I wanted to be able to review my performance and ask my other dancer friends for critique so I shot a quick video and uploaded it.

So yeah, no camera tricks or speed-ups. The only camera trickery is when I'm sitting still on the ground, which I kind of faked - since I had to manually start the song, I had to start it and then go get into position, so I just looped me sitting there for a bit so that the vid didn't include me getting into position.

ZeldaFan01

Cassie Shore/Shelby Goodkind (Netflix)
NNID
?
Anyone know how to make a signature like this?

Mine's getting old...unless, ya know, you guys think mine is awesome the way it is! yeah...

Binary Clone

Easy Money since 1994
Premium

Mine's getting old...unless, ya know, you guys think mine is awesome the way it is! yeah...
Do you mean, like that but with different characters? You could probably find a template or just use PS to get those boxes and then insert portraits and names of whatever characters you'd want without too much trouble.

Last edited:

ZeldaFan01

NNID
?
Do you mean, like that but with different characters? You could probably find a template or just use PS to get those boxes and then insert portraits and names of whatever characters you'd want without too much trouble.
Yeah, with my own characters, so like a template yeah. Could you maybe help me out here....? not with making it but where to find the things you need

Binary Clone

Easy Money since 1994
Premium
Yeah, with my own characters, so like a template yeah. Could you maybe help me out here....? not with making it but where to find the things you need
I can just make it for you, if you want (see: my sig), but if you don't have Photoshop, you can use GIMP, which is a freeware Photoshop-like application that can do almost anything PS can. Beyond that, you can use the image you linked as a kind of "template" and erase/color over the portraits inside of each little box, alongside erasing the names above those. After that, it's just a matter of finding portraits of all of the characters that you want to insert, optimally with transparent backgrounds so you can have consistently colored backgrounds more easily, and then slap them into those little boxes and write their names above.

Player -0

Smash Hero
Yeah, that's me. Today, in my apartment, haha. I wanted to be able to review my performance and ask my other dancer friends for critique so I shot a quick video and uploaded it.

So yeah, no camera tricks or speed-ups. The only camera trickery is when I'm sitting still on the ground, which I kind of faked - since I had to manually start the song, I had to start it and then go get into position, so I just looped me sitting there for a bit so that the vid didn't include me getting into position.
I'm not really a dancer or anything:
- For some parts it seemed a bit off with the music, specifically the pacing when it did the clicking sounds in a row (1:07? Maybe half a second too late/slow? Would be hard to be quick during that part though, especially if you were in an awkward standing position).
- For the sound effects it seemed like you were really on point and the start stop motions were good.
- Near the beginning it did these kkkkeh (Lol, how describe sound effects?) you could try making the actions seem more forceful but smoothly transition back into the violin motion. Maybe tightening body + small and RELATIVELY quick motions that pause for a quarter of a second before resuming the violin motion (if you do this I would advise not continuing in the EXACT same direction that you did before doing the quick stop motion).
- I know you were run down on space + camera limitations but possibly moving a tiny bit. Even if just a slow/small movement <1 foot from your original position.
- The small bounce back/recoils from the robotic motions were really cool.
- Watching the video again it seems like there should be a small denotation of the quick clicking sounds with your movement. Maybe a small "shake/shiver" of head/arms during this?
Just pointing out some things, take my random suggestions with a grain of pepper.

Good luck and have fun!

So that's what he looks like

ZeldaFan01

NNID
?
You know what yeah, I'll let an expert like you do it. Thanks! I'll PM who I actually want in my sig. By the way, Photoshop(too much work) and as for GIMP, it's sooo exhausting! it took me forever just to take these trophy models to make them as CSPs!

But anyway thats besides the point, I'll pm you when I'm ready

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482

Message @JCOnyx
Looking at the sigs source, he made it, and might be willing to make you one in the same vein as his.

I'm sure binary clone could mimic the style though.

Last edited:

Binary Clone

Easy Money since 1994
Premium
I'm not really a dancer or anything:
- For some parts it seemed a bit off with the music, specifically the pacing when it did the clicking sounds in a row (1:07? Maybe half a second too late/slow? Would be hard to be quick during that part though, especially if you were in an awkward standing position).
- For the sound effects it seemed like you were really on point and the start stop motions were good.
- Near the beginning it did these kkkkeh (Lol, how describe sound effects?) you could try making the actions seem more forceful but smoothly transition back into the violin motion. Maybe tightening body + small and RELATIVELY quick motions that pause for a quarter of a second before resuming the violin motion (if you do this I would advise not continuing in the EXACT same direction that you did before doing the quick stop motion).
- I know you were run down on space + camera limitations but possibly moving a tiny bit. Even if just a slow/small movement <1 foot from your original position.
- The small bounce back/recoils from the robotic motions were really cool.
- Watching the video again it seems like there should be a small denotation of the quick clicking sounds with your movement. Maybe a small "shake/shiver" of head/arms during this?
Just pointing out some things, take my random suggestions with a grain of pepper.

Good luck and have fun!

So that's what he looks like
Thanks for the feedback! The movement during the rapid clicking kind of can't be helped, as the best that can really be done just by virtue of human limitation (barring maybe absurd amounts of skill and practice), since I'd rather have the movement fit thematically (the rapid, disjointed full-body movements) than fit perfectly rhythmically, since moving both that fast and to a specific rhythm while maintaining that complex of movement is pretty impractical.

But I like your suggestions! I'll be keeping all that in mind as I keep developing this routine - hopefully eventually there'll be a nicer-looking video with an actual location and a more fleshed-out performance sometime soonish.

ZeldaFan01

NNID
?
Message @JCOnyx
Looking at the sigs source, he made it, and might be willing to make you one in the same vein as his.

I'm sure binary clone could mimic the style though.
I asked both him and Solbliminal for help and they just ignored me.. so my reaction to them was along the lines of

So uh, I'll just stick with Binary, he's cool

Top Bottom