• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

SpiderMad

Smash Master
I also realized your shield being decayed makes Powershielding harder; this game is so depthiful

Last edited:

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
1 frame windows changing arbitrarily to 0 frame windows based on pixels of distance, and on pixels worth of change in shield size really seems to me like it takes away depth for fear of playing a game of uncertainty at the human level

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Last edited:

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
Don't remove my beautiful, poetry-like text from that picture!

Besides, there is only one picture he should be using anyway

Last edited:

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Someone needs to watch the Ivan Ooze is broken video on YouTube.

Also GG XRD is getting patched in JPN arcades and there are alot of tweaks and folks are translating the changes and what not hmm now U.S players are gonna be like when can we get this?

Exmples Slayer changes. https://www.evernote.com/shard/s291/sh/66bccab9-1e8b-4950-a31b-3f39bf2c8586/0a65d3bc9583e5cb

Leo changes.
Lordgenome alt for leo when?

Edit:
I dont know how, but somehow I scrolled to the top and ended up in the smash 4 thread

Last edited:

PootisKonga

Smash Ace
>Bring Wii to school
>go to car to get it after class
>realize I forgot Wii remote
>Drive home to get it
>Get it and come back, took about 30 minutes
>No one allowed in the gaming alcove because of club signups I never heard about

Are you ****ing serious

Last edited:

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
This is why Bootmii should be on every Wii ever. I ****ing hate the need to have a Wiimote + Sensor Bar around.

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
I've been screwed one too many times because of forgetting the goddamn wiimote. Happens every single time I try to bring a wii to a friend's house.

EDIT: and I'm too lazy for bootmii. As for the sensor bar, I thought a lighter worked just fine too

Last edited:

Nixie

Smash Journeyman
w-wasn't me, i swear

my nekomimii fighter is much cuter

Last edited:

Chesstiger2612

Smash Lord
Think of it this way: there are plenty of other methods to monetize your product, plenty of ways to keep your stuff secret, and plenty of incentives still to innovate without the monster and moral hazard of Intellectual Property. Shakespeare wrote his plays without IP of any kind. ****ens wrote his books without any either, yet he still got a ton of money for its circulation. Heck, the ability to freely copy books is why America became one of the most literate countries in the world so quickly.
The world would most certainly not end, and there's a fair chance of it getting better with the removal of IP.
Good arguments. However, I disagree with certain parts.
Plenty of ways to keep your stuff secret: I actually prefer it the way the thing is transparent but legally protected, first because the knowledge would still be accessible even if there are IP laws on using it, and Ivalue freedom on knowledge and transparency very high. Second because having to keep things secret would open a market of trading with such information illegally, because without IP another firm could say they also had the same idea while supporting criminals that give them such information. If there is law protection there is no incentive in buying secret information on innovations.
While I think historical examples have some relevance here, in the age of gloablization it still is a different story. The tendency would go there that labour-intensive production countries (low wages, so LEDCs or NICs) would have a clear advantage over countries that invest more in in research & development, have higher wages and higher quality.
You say that there are still enough incentives for innovation. I partially agree, but many things that were borderline cost-effective before wouldn't be without IP. This would mean many products with high innovative costs or products designed for a rather small targer group would exist less and less.

I agree with you the world wouln't end without it, but I think it is far more logical to limit IP to a shorter time (depending on the case different laws should apply that reward the innovation enough but don't take away from the advantages that the free availability could have too much) than completely abolishing it.

@ Comeback Kid Comeback Kid
I meant this place a decent place for discussion, also because of the disadvantages of Debate Hall you just mentioned.

Small wonder, since I do not take part in debates, I take stock of the facts.
Those "facts" that come in the form of GIFs? Step it up, man!

Last edited:

SpiderMad

Smash Master
This is why Bootmii should be on every Wii ever. I ****ing hate the need to have a Wiimote + Sensor Bar around.
Person 1: Nah I don't wanna try PM and mess with this "hack-less thing"

Person 2: No it's easy I use it all the time, tedious to load a little bit though

Person 3: Use Homebrew method you scrub, bit faster

Person 4: No you need to install IOS 23 and dx22 to get USB loading to work, lot faster

Person 5: You guys are using BootMii right?

OSCA MIKE

Smash Journeyman
Can we start talking about the apex and pm controversy again please

Drama is fun to read

Top Bottom