• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Pirates really are invincible. Nothing seems to be able to stamp them out.

Anyone hear about the Ross Ulbricht trial? The prosecution is trying to get him on the most ridiculous of grounds--'transferred intent', a ludicrous concept, which if consistently enforced means the government needs to indict itself for drug dealers selling on their roadsides, with zero legal precedent--and they're using the most deplorable of tactics--in this case, convincing the judge to allow them to bring up a completely irrelevant and utterly unsubstantiated claim that Ross tried to hire hitmen through his service to paint him as a murderer.

I just hope the jury isn't lured in by this band of well dressed thugs known as the state's lawyers to acquit him of an utterly victimless "crime". They ought to nullify if necessary. Heck, Ross isn't even Dread Pirate Roberts, he's just an administrator of the site.

Last edited:

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
Pirates really are invincible. Nothing seems to be able to stamp them out.
Because that's not how these things work.You can't defeat the Streisand Effect, no exceptions.
...Doesn't stop idiots and scumbags who refuse to learn their lesson from trying, of course. But. you already know the drill.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

i bet that pissed you off

hehhehehehehehehehhe

i dont have any more puns

someone dont let me down
Yeah, I got really 'pissed'. But seriously, like, that literally ruined my entire day. The ****ing piss in the urinal burnt the battery, so it's 100% rip, and it happened during school so I had to walk into class late trying to dry off my piss drenched phone.

Beorn

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I got really 'pissed'. But seriously, like, that literally ruined my entire day. The ****ing piss in the urinal burnt the battery, so it's 100% rip, and it happened during school so I had to walk into class late trying to dry off my piss drenched phone.
I'm sorry this is the best post I have ever read on smashboards. This made my day man. With that fox selfie avatar... Omg kill me.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
so i just dropped my phone in a urinal today

rip 243 contacts
Damn that sucks I know how it feels somewhat though I dropped an old pair of glasses in the toilet and that sucks, at least I hope there wasn't any feces in that toilet.

Also to try to make you feel better back in 2010 I had a bird poop on my head while taking out the trash a few days after a brawl tourney and I decided to play MK that whole day instead of my main Falco which I think the higher smash gods telling me to never do that again lol.

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
If it's an iphone you can just get a new battery off the net.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Damn that sucks I know how it feels somewhat though I dropped an old pair of glasses in the toilet and that sucks, at least I hope there wasn't any feces in that toilet.

Also to try to make you feel better back in 2010 I had a bird poop on my head while taking out the trash a few days after a brawl tourney and I decided to play MK that whole day instead of my main Falco which I think the higher smash gods telling me to never do that again lol.
It's called Karma.

If you're gonna **** on everyone, someone's gonna **** on you.

Last edited:

SpiderMad

Smash Master
I'm tired of all these quotes out there being used that are attributed to Anonymous or Unknown, just credit PMDepot
Suicune, Gardivoir and Pikachu.

SUICUNE

SUICUNE0

EDIT

THERES ASSISTS, MVC1 STYLE. LUCARIO HAS SNIVY AND LAPRAS, PIKACHU HAS EMOLGA AND ????

IT PLAYS LIKE THOSE 3D DBZ GAMES MIXED WITH POWERSTONE

PIKACHU JUST DID A WALL COMBO

THANK YOU HARADA

(cruise control)

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2fdg8x
Is it really that good? It looked hard to tell what was going on, and I actually thought it'd be cooler

Last edited:

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
browsing r/kappa, laughing my ass off at all these FGC people crying about smash

Called them out on how smash is way deeper than anything any other 2d fighter has produced, waiting for the storm :D

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
He even says in the video that firearms led to the loss of knowledge that allowed mastery of the most efficient bow and arrow techniques, so it isn't news to anyone. It does definitely put archers' historical importance into a new light.

Being able to quietly kill a small army with the element of surprise ala Rambo is more than a gimmick.

Last edited:

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Never mind being able to retrieve and reuse your ammo.

I mean a crossbow is still a weapon of choice among Hunters, so clearly the weapon in concept has merit.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Kids these days, spoiled with their guns to have any real appreciation

Last edited:

Kidneyjoe

Smash Cadet
He even says in the video that firearms led to the loss of knowledge that allowed mastery of the most efficient bow and arrow techniques, so it isn't news to anyone. It does definitely puts archers' historical roles into a new light.

Being able to quietly kill a small army with the element of surprise ala Rambo is more than a gimmick.
He barely even draws his bow for most of these shots. Even relatively light armor would render his methods almost entirely useless. These are trick shots, not ancient military secrets.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
There is a speed versus power trade off obviously, but then it just depends on how far you can push it versus what type of protective material.

Regardless, it is cool to know Link's lightning fast archery in the Zelda games has some merit.

Kidneyjoe

Smash Cadet
good thing he can get through chainmail with his shots.
Chainmail doesn't stop piercing blows. It isn't designed to. You could pierce that vest with a damn foil blade. However, the gambeson that would be worn underneath it does not have this problem. Even firing point blank he barely penetrates his targets. There's a reason people fully draw their bows and the obvious lack of power behind his shots is why.

Top Bottom